Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PCC options

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been following this thread but don't recall seeing something like this...   does anybody make a gas operated 9mm upper that can be dropped onto an existing .223 lower (with a mag block, of course) for an easy conversion?  I'm thinking a gas system will eliminate the need for messing with buffers between the two uppers.  

Been following this thread but don't recall seeing something like this...   does anybody make a gas operated 9mm upper that can be dropped onto an existing .223 lower (with a mag block, of course) for an easy conversion?  I'm thinking a gas system will eliminate the need for messing with buffers between the two uppers.  

Which AR system allows you to use a gas system in 9mm? I am not tracking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, Rangerdug said:

Which AR system allows you to use a gas system in 9mm? I am not tracking.

True 9mm AR's are all blowback operated I believe? Sounds like J is asking if there is a way to run a gas operated 9mm instead

Edited by Sarge

Question

im running a diamond head forearm on my PCC and want to put a thumb rest/stop on but it seems to not be compatible with normal attachment designs?

I think the simple GOGUN thumb rest for AR is all I need .

Thoughts on attaching?

Edited by Sarge
14 minutes ago, Sarge said:

True 9mm AR's are all blowback operated I believe? Sounds like J is asking if there is a way to run a gas operated 9mm instead

Yes, exactly.  I'd like to know if there's one out there.  While the MPX looks like an AR, their upper is not compatible with a standard AR lower, so that's out of the equation.  I'm in Kalifornia so just thinking of options as we move into the new year and its CA gun ban.  If I can use my grandfathered lower that makes my life easier. From my research of standard 9mm uppers, going back and forth between 9mm and .223 isn't 100% painless.  Wondering if  gas would help.  

Question

im running a diamond head forearm on my PCC and want to put a thumb rest/stop on but it seems to not be compatible with normal attachment designs?

I think the simple GOGUN thumb rest for AR is all I need .

Thoughts on attaching?

Actually, that would be an awesome. If they could use Key-mod or M-lok, I would buy one.

1 hour ago, jkrispies said:

Yes, exactly.  I'd like to know if there's one out there.  While the MPX looks like an AR, their upper is not compatible with a standard AR lower, so that's out of the equation.  I'm in Kalifornia so just thinking of options as we move into the new year and its CA gun ban.  If I can use my grandfathered lower that makes my life easier. From my research of standard 9mm uppers, going back and forth between 9mm and .223 isn't 100% painless.  Wondering if  gas would help.  

Hello: It is pretty painless, I did that today. Remove 223 upper, remove buffer setup for 223. Install Colt insert in magwell (I use a Hahn bottom install), put in 9mm spring and buffer, install 9mm upper. It took me 2 minutes to do it at the range. Bolt lock back works for both and both shoot just fine. That is why I did the AR15 conversion with a mag block first to see how well this all would work for someone with a tagged lower receiver. Thanks, Eric

1 hour ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: It is pretty painless, I did that today. Remove 223 upper, remove buffer setup for 223. Install Colt insert in magwell (I use a Hahn bottom install), put in 9mm spring and buffer, install 9mm upper. It took me 2 minutes to do it at the range. Bolt lock back works for both and both shoot just fine. That is why I did the AR15 conversion with a mag block first to see how well this all would work for someone with a tagged lower receiver. Thanks, Eric

Which upper are you running?

2 minutes ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: The upper I am using is one I made up of parts. KAW valley barrel that I throated, lightweight upper receiver, Taccom handguard, Matrix BCG, standard charge handle(didn't like the Raptor I bought), and birdcage comp/barrel weight. Shoots very flat with 124's. Thanks, Eric

I moght hit you up for advice down the road!   Also, I'd like to look up your mag block. I heard blocks as a rule were tough to get in and out.   

1 hour ago, Rangerdug said:

Actually, that would be an awesome. If they could use Key-mod or M-lok, I would buy one.

Yeah, I love the smoothness of the sides and bottom for a game gun. Looks like I have to get stuff from DH to make attachments.

IMG_0866.JPG

This is a DI gun, not a piston and yes it is still in field testing. It uses Colt SMG magazines but we also have a couple using Glock magazines as well. When it clears field testing it will go on the web page. Look for it at the Shot Show with a release date immediately after that.

When the program is finished we will be offering a DI and a blowback, Colt SMG and Glock magazines, and a drop in kit and a dedicated lower.

RMW Xtreme out of Florida makes DI 9mms, and Macon Armory makes other PCC calibers set up in DI as well.

The DI is much, much softer than the blowback guns. In the limited time I have spent with each platform I think the DI 9mm handles better than the MPX. The one I had did take handloads with a slow powder. The new owner is upgrading some of the pieces and hopes to have it running on factory 9mm soon.

2 hours ago, Bob Hostetter said:

Battle Arms Development makes it.9mm DI gas Rifle.jpg

Will this run minor loads? Will it run minor loads clean enough with a variety of powder?  Will it run a variety of factory ammo. Sorry, I know, lots of questions that may not be able to be answered right now understandably.