Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limcat vs SV

Dirtchevy841

6 hours ago, Dirtchevy841 said:

Awe Yeah. Received a call today from Sv. Finalized build made sure everything was right and was told my build is on its way to the floor. Didn't ask when it would be finished but Sv said early October and maybe sooner. Said usually from this point 1-2 months. Hell yeah it's really close now. Was reallly surprised about call almost didn't answer it thinking it was a solisitation call ? can't wait. 

That's funny.  I haven't received my call yet, and I placed my order a couple of months before?  I look forward to your pics.

Edited by MissionaryMike

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I was looking at either of these guns they would be used and with that added to the equation I would see who has the best warranty. Now if I did go the new gun route again warranty would play a huge part in my decision. Both are great guns but warranty trumps most talk.

On 6/14/2016 at 7:15 PM, shootingchef said:

When you put mattburkett in this list, you discredit the rest. And not a one on that list cuts their own slide in house that i know of.

Just because you don't like someone (Matt) doesn't mean they can't do something they have already done many times. Plus if you're under the impression that any name I mensioned can't or doesn't manufacture some of their own slide you are mistaken, again. Thanks 

Edited by a matt

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Dirtchevy841 said:

Have my fingers crossed maybe this week or next week. Gotta get my lazy but on the press and start working up some test loads so I am on top of it when it does come in. 

Be prepared to go lower in powder. My 168PF (4.9 grains N320) loads for my STI Edge became 180PF loads for the SVI with the AET barrel in 5.4". Those barrels are fast as heck. I already had 2,600 rounds through the barrel at the time of chrono so I'd assume it was broken in.

Edited by tanks

Have my fingers crossed maybe this week or next week. Gotta get my lazy but on the press and start working up some test loads so I am on top of it when it does come in. 

You did the .40, right?

180gr Blue Bullets RNFP over 4.7gr N320 @ 1.190"

180gr Montana Gold JHP over 5.2gr N320 @1.190"

Have fun!

4 hours ago, tanks said:

Be prepared to go lower in powder. My 168PF (4.9 grains N320) loads for my STI Edge became 180PF loads for the SVI with the AET barrel in 5.4". Those barrels are fast as heck. I already had 2,600 rounds through the barrel at the time of chrono so I'd assume it was broken in.

I am running 4.8 n320 oal 1.193 in my edge now at 170pf using bayou bullets 180g coated rn. What are you using in the Sv?

3 hours ago, candiru said:

You did the .40, right?

180gr Blue Bullets RNFP over 4.7gr N320 @ 1.190"

180gr Montana Gold JHP over 5.2gr N320 @1.190"

Have fun!

Yep 40 sight tracker. I have my bayou bullets at 1.193 to break it in. Have Montana golds and precision delta both in hp and rn to work up loads. Gonna see which is better in accuracy and function. I know function should be good curious to see what bullet it likes best. 

5 hours ago, tanks said:

Actually, most AET barrels run a bit slower.  I have a 5.4" AET in my SV limited gun that is way slower than every other .40 barreled I have.  And those include Nowlin, Bar-Sto, Schuemann and probably some others.  I had been using the same .40 load for years and had to bump it up to make major with the AET.

40 minutes ago, ltdmstr said:

Actually, most AET barrels run a bit slower.  I have a 5.4" AET in my SV limited gun that is way slower than every other .40 barreled I have.  And those include Nowlin, Bar-Sto, Schuemann and probably some others.  I had been using the same .40 load for years and had to bump it up to make major with the AET.

Agreed.  All of my Infinity barrels have been slow and took 5.4 grains of N320 to make major......

1 hour ago, MissionaryMike said:

Does that necessarily, or even just more likely, equate to harsher recoil?

I would say the 5.4" shoots a little softer, even with a slightly hotter load.  But that could be due to the extra weight or any number of things.  On the flip side, the 5.0 is lighter and handles better.  But I typically shoot the 5.4 because the longer sight radius is definitely a plus.

9 minutes ago, ltdmstr said:

I would say the 5.4" shoots a little softer, even with a slightly hotter load.  But that could be due to the extra weight or any number of things.  On the flip side, the 5.0 is lighter and handles better.  But I typically shoot the 5.4 because the longer sight radius is definitely a plus.

So, then, maybe a non-AET 5.4 inch barrel would achieve less recoil and add the benefit of the longer sight radius?

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, MissionaryMike said:

Mine shipped out today.  

4 hours ago, MissionaryMike said:

Mine shipped out today.  

Awesome mike. Did you ever get a call to go over the build sheet?  I am still waiting and I am not confident that the call I got and the time frame is gonna be correct. I waited this long but it still sucks. 

22 hours ago, MissionaryMike said:

I think they've been running all their machines on full tilt for a while over there at INFINITY.  I heard one of their machines went down and delayed things a bit.  Breakages are bound to happen. No matter, I expect to be blown away by the craftsmanship.  

Did they send you any pics?

No. They told me that they don't take those hi-res pics of every gun. Only the first few of the newer or more unique builds.  At least that's what I was told.  Maybe my build wasn't cool enough, hah!  My own low-red, amateur pics to come very shortly.  

Edited by MissionaryMike