Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limcat vs SV

Dirtchevy841

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, MissionaryMike said:

By the way, the 60 grit skater terrain is very, very grippy.  It's different than the 60 grit SiC grips that I make for my other pistols.  I have scratches on my palms from handling this gun.  Time will tell how long it lasts though.  

After bleeding from several places on my strong hand I switched to the other IST grip tape rather than the 60 grit. 

On 9/10/2017 at 4:55 PM, RangerTrace said:

Agreed.  All of my Infinity barrels have been slow and took 5.4 grains of N320 to make major......

Nationals last weekend. 4.6 grains of N320 1.20 OAL with a 179.3 grain coated lead bullet made 168.8PF. That is from my 5.4" AET barrel SVI.

29 minutes ago, tanks said:

Nationals last weekend. 4.6 grains of N320 1.20 OAL with a 179.3 grain coated lead bullet made 168.8PF. That is from my 5.4" AET barrel SVI.

Not saying that isn't possible, but I've been loading 40 cal w/N320 for 15+ years, maybe 20, and dozens of different guns with AET, non-AET, 5 inch, 5.4 inch and 6 inch barrels, and none have made major with anything close to 4.6g.  So I'm very surprised.  Are you sure you're scale's accurate?

5 hours ago, ltdmstr said:

Not saying that isn't possible, but I've been loading 40 cal w/N320 for 15+ years, maybe 20, and dozens of different guns with AET, non-AET, 5 inch, 5.4 inch and 6 inch barrels, and none have made major with anything close to 4.6g.  So I'm very surprised.  Are you sure you're scale's accurate?

Maybe because he wasn't using jacketed bullets?

Huge difference.
4.65g using Blue .40 180's in 5.4 aet. I could go down even further with Acme's.
5.2 using MG JHP 180's in same gun and barrel.
Very nice pistol!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2017 at 10:58 AM, Dirtchevy841 said:

October 23 will make 15 months. Not looking good now. Looks like I am gonna be waiting a little longer than the 12-15 month build time ?

Holy smoke.... is it worth it? Shane Coley just won the nationals in limited shooting a glock...

Think about for a minute or two...Maybe it doesn't matter? 

Edited by cheby

1 hour ago, cheby said:

Holy smoke.... is it worth it? Shane Coley just won the nationals in limited shooting glock...

Think about for a minute or two...Maybe it doesn't matter? 

I hope it’s worth the wait and money. Everyone says it is. I will hopefully see soon but I am not holding my breath for it to come in anytime soon since it’s at the 15 months now. I guess I just gotta sit and wait for the call anyway now since it is 15 months and any day after that it could come since it will be past build time. I waited this long but it still sucks. 

12 hours ago, Dirtchevy841 said:

It’s official 15 months. Looks like I’ll be waiting a little longer. Hopefully not to long. Kinda sucks though. 

I hope you get yours soon. I'm at 17-1/2 months & waiting for my next order.

2 hours ago, hvsmith said:

I hope you get yours soon. I'm at 17-1/2 months & waiting for my next order.

Damn 171/2 months. Couple people said they were around that time. Well this is not encouraging. Oh well it is what it is. Still sucks that build time is 12-15 months and people are way past that time. ?

I knew the wait was gonna be hard to do but I think my biggest issue is that I have not seen one or looked at one in person. Only recommendations of members and guys  that have a Sv. Everyone says their awesome but still I haven’t held one. I know I am probably gonna be blown away we I see it. Just hope it’s not much longer. 

Dirtchevy841:

I bought my first SVI the same way, having never held or shot one in person.  Mine was for sale from a stocking dealer, so I had instant gratification.  As I have said before, as I left the local gun shop with the new SVI, my first thought was how to get my next!  I absolutely guarantee you that you will be thrilled.

I also got a call from Brent last week.  I should get mine next SVI by the end of the year or a little sooner.  Mine has to be DLC finished so it will take that much more time.

Good shooting.  Mike

Well got another call from Brent from Sv last Tuesday. Said it was in final stages of build and asked me if I wanted more mags than the 5 I ordered. He said they are getting ready to test fire and gonna test all the mags as well. Hope not much longer don’t know if I can handle another false alarm call ?