Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Do You Want PCC?

d_striker

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... Sounds like the primary benefit is to the rifle shooters. How will it benefit USPSA to do this?

Rifle shooters are members of USPSA too. The P stands for "practical", not "pistol".

But the matches I shoot at are run by the handgun rule book.

Apparently we're going to continue playing with words.

The whole "P" argument is meaningless.

USPSA pistol matches, governed by the USPSA handgun rule book, are for pistols. They've never had rifles, have they?

USPSA multi-gun, governed by the USPSA multigun rules, are for pistol/rifle/shotgun (but there's no "R" in USPSA, and the "S" doesn't stand for Shotgun).

A "PCC" is a rifle. "Pistol Caliber" refers to the type of cartridge they shoot. It's still a rifle.

The title of this thread is a simple question - "Do you want PCC?" Each person can answer that simply, but some people seem to want to beat them down with arguments about words and semantics.

Yes, rifle shooters can be part of USPSA. There's a place for them, in multi-gun and (some calibers) Steel Challenge. If PCC needs a home the PCC advocates should build one, not try to invade someone else's home (which is already pretty busy and has a solid history and following of its own).

I do think it looks like fun, but it doesn't belong in the USPSA pistol matches. That's my response to the OP's question.

∆∆∆ this ∆∆∆

I can see a PCC division under the Multi-Gun rulebook but not combined with handgun. We are getting out into the weeds with this one.

I vote NO.

QQ - can PCC do single handed shooting? Is it considered safe for matches!

Yes. He demonstrated doing so in the video.

I hope he is spending as much time trying to address all the issues with USPSA that he campaigned on fixing as he is on making PCC videos ...

I have zero doubt that he's working his ass off to fixing things but it's not going to happen overnight. Nor are we going to have PCC added as a provisional division overnight. I know you're primary a steel challenge shooter like myself so why the hate for PCC? What am I missing here?
I'm not a 'PCC hater' ... I just don't think rifles belong in pistol matches ... Anymore than we should allow shotguns w/slugs, bows & arrows or blowguns .... I guess one-handed pistol length blow guns would have to be allowed ...

When I return to shooting USPSA later this year I'd hate to see a whole bunch of changes to matches becuase we have to accommodate rifles .....

It will be interesting to see at the end of the year if it's possible to divine from the data how many new shooters came to USPSA from PCC & CO vs current members just buying another blaster to add to the 30 they already have .....

Of course it won't really matter because there's no way the Board will delete these new divisions no matter what numbers there are because they won't want to alienate members ... Just like L10, SS & Revo will remain as divisions no matter how 'low' participation is compared to the 'Big 3' ...

Edited by Nimitz

"I really don't see what the issue is." Yeah, the rest of us are so dumb. We just don't "get" it.

What I don't "get" is the cavalier attitude so many of the PCC folks take about what a major change this is to the sport. They just seem to keep banging away at us, like it's a foregone conclusion that it's the best thing for everybody, if only we stopped being such a bunch of sticks-in-the-mud and accepted the wonderfulness of rifles in our matches. It's great to be happy that you're getting what you want, but what about the rest of the USPSA pistol community who isn't thrilled with this?

"I really don't see what the issue is." Yeah, the rest of us are so dumb. We just don't "get" it.

What I don't "get" is the cavalier attitude so many of the PCC folks take about what a major change this is to the sport. They just seem to keep banging away at us, like it's a foregone conclusion that it's the best thing for everybody, if only we stopped being such a bunch of sticks-in-the-mud and accepted the wonderfulness of rifles in our matches. It's great to be happy that you're getting what you want, but what about the rest of the USPSA pistol community who isn't thrilled with this?

You can still continue to shoot USPSA, unaffected. No one is saying PCC is the best for you or everyone, but it is a new option. The only major change is that a few people at the range will have bring their carbines with them instead of pistol. I don't think that is a major change or in any way detrimental to the sport. You can be as thrilled or not as you want about it, but you, as a pistol-only shooter, will remain unaffected.

To flip it, why cannot, as someone on another forum pointed out, the PCC guys shoot a rifle match? It can be earlier, later or the same time as the handgun match. The rifles will have to have some different rules at least for certain starts, gun handling, and probably other things. Why the insistence on having a rifle scored in an otherwise handgun match?

Or maybe there is no such insistence, the rifle guys maybe just want to shoot using the infrastructure of the handgun match. Would suit me fine. Shoot before, with or after, and score the rifles - which will operate on their rule set and used like rifles must be which is different than handguns - together.

But if the idea is no: absolutely carbines MUST be scored in the handgun match, no matter that it is a different weapon system and will have at least some different rules, I don't understand that.

To flip it, why cannot, as someone on another forum pointed out, the PCC guys shoot a rifle match? It can be earlier, later or the same time as the handgun match. The rifles will have to have some different rules at least for certain starts, gun handling, and probably other things. Why the insistence on having a rifle scored in an otherwise handgun match?

Or maybe there is no such insistence, the rifle guys maybe just want to shoot using the infrastructure of the handgun match. Would suit me fine. Shoot before, with or after, and score the rifles - which will operate on their rule set and used like rifles must be which is different than handguns - together.

But if the idea is no: absolutely carbines MUST be scored in the handgun match, no matter that it is a different weapon system and will have at least some different rules, I don't understand that.

This is my thoughts as well. Why swim upstream? What benefit is there to force this into the same match when you could get almost universal acceptance by making it a concurrent separate match? Concurrent meaning at the same time (for those of you in Rio Linda).

Is the PCC just taking the place of the .223 in this or are they just running a PCC solo?
I started reading the rules, before my ADD kicked in a gathered that PCC will be replacing the rifle, you still run a shotgun and pistol. Also calibers from 5.7x28 to 45acp are allowed for your pistol and PCC.

" Also calibers from 5.7x28 to 45acp are allowed for your pistol and PCC."

I would think a 23 gr bullet at 2850 fps would be tough on pistol steel.

As for 3GN adding PCC to their matches, I say great. I can finally practice at the distances I will be competing at. I have unlimited access to a local range but I'm limited to 200 yards.

Edited by Flatland Shooter

This is why so many gun clubs have problems! The rifle shooters hate the pistol shooters who hate the shotgunners who hate the Cowboy shooters who can't stand the bullseye shooters! Live & let live folks! The Rimfire Challenge people have figured it out at NSSF. Run both guns on the same stage at longer distances for the long guns and everyone plays on a "level playing field". The PCCs aren't competing against the pistols and vice versa. Mo' shooting = mo' fun! :cheers:

Bring PCC on! It's a great thing. Mr. Foley has already put out a video answering a lot of the naysayers questions and concerns about how would you be able to do this, or this. PCC will open up more vendors to become involved with USPSA matches. It's time to add a little spice to USPSA. CO looks like it's hanging by a thread. 500 plus signed up for A6 and of that, 8 CO shooters. I think PCC will take off once a rule set has been established. Should be a good thing for all involved.

This is why so many gun clubs have problems! The rifle shooters hate the pistol shooters who hate the shotgunners who hate the Cowboy shooters who can't stand the bullseye shooters! Live & let live folks! The Rimfire Challenge people have figured it out at NSSF. Run both guns on the same stage at longer distances for the long guns and everyone plays on a "level playing field". The PCCs aren't competing against the pistols and vice versa. Mo' shooting = mo' fun! :cheers:

Alan550 has it figured out! You are exactly right brother.

• 4 weeks later...