Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Shadows 2 is coming

PRanta

30 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Well. Since it is IPSC approved in form as it sits. It would be hard to argue. 

You are most likely correct. 

I am thinking though that there are already precedents for the two bodies to vary on rules details, and the last I heard was that the two bodies were seriously squabbling and attempting to find a way to stay together. 

Think you are right, but I wonder about such things. 

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, IHAVEGAS said:

You are most likely correct. 

I am thinking though that there are already precedents for the two bodies to vary on rules details, and the last I heard was that the two bodies were seriously squabbling and attempting to find a way to stay together. 

Think you are right, but I wonder about such things. 

That's was how the Xcal got through so fast. But think we are at a turning point. 

27 minutes ago, Richc2048 said:

Well... I was ready to jump in a buy 2 to start this season off right. Should this be a concern at all before purchasing? It's a lot of coin to dump to end up with just a range toy and not for competition.

As long as I do not get one I think you will be good.

With my luck even betting on a sure thing is dicey. 

1 hour ago, Richc2048 said:

Well... I was ready to jump in a buy 2 to start this season off right. Should this be a concern at all before purchasing? It's a lot of coin to dump to end up with just a range toy and not for competition.

I don't see a problem with the Shadow 2 being approved for production division in USPSA. 

9 hours ago, IHAVEGAS said:

That is the other thing I wonder about. Will the S2 stir a bit of debate in regard to the USPSA production gun list? 

Not as long as CZ's Match Major Sponsor check clears in time for Production Nationals..... like it did the past 2 years.

2 hours ago, jester121 said:

Not as long as CZ's Match Major Sponsor check clears in time for Production Nationals..... like it did the past 2 years.

Well I think it's more fair to say that CZ has been very supportive of shooting sports, including USPSA.  The financial sponsorship helps.  But so do the resources they invest, through innovation and design, that ultimately help the shooter.  Of course, some say that the Shadow 2 is just a replica of the Stock 3, but they have nuancial differences, like the magwell, which is just horrendous on the Stock 3. Even nuance can qualify as innovation....every small step. 

I think the governing body, as well as the shooting body, of USPSA understand that. 

Edited by MissionaryMike

Some info I gathered from SHOT:

• Black Poly-Coat Shadow 2 will only be available with a Black Grip from the factory.
  • Black Nitride Shadow 2 will be available with additional colored grips (blue, etc)
  • CZ Custom will be offering the usual SAO Trigger, Sights, Trigger work, etc on the Shadow 2. Accu-Shadow 2 is unknown at this time.
  • CZ will be importing 100 Shadow 2s a month to the US in 2017.

Here is a video showing the gun, no review, just wanted to give you guys a better look at it. 

Edited by Avedis

7 hours ago, cheby said:

100 pistols a month does not sound like a lot at all.  

Really doesn't sound like much at all in terms of filling the pipeline, after things get to steady state I'm thinking 100 per month is maybe not bad when you consider the limited market for a $1300+ 9mm that is not IDPA legal and which has legitimate competition from other brands. Would be interesting to know what the long term demand really is for a high dollar (relative) USPSA/IPSC only production gun. 

If I read correctly all of January production is designated for the US (more than 2000 guns) so I'm hoping the deal is initial surge + 100 per month after that rather than just 100 per month. 

If it was 100 per month only it would be late 2019 before they would be USPSA production legal. Which would suck. 

Edited by IHAVEGAS

^^ i was doing the same math and too really hope there is an initial dump into the US of 2k guns. if they start at just 100 per month and the approval process is legit that'd really suck. just have to wait and see! SHOT is over, so ship 'em already.

They can push it through. From what I understand they can use different parameters to make it legal. If U.S companies have already purchased 2000 of them but they are not here yet, it is still 2000 sold and I would bet there is more than that already purchased. 

11 minutes ago, Superpipe9 said:

They can push it through. From what I understand they can use different parameters to make it legal. If U.S companies have already purchased 2000 of them but they are not here yet, it is still 2000 sold and I would bet there is more than that already purchased. 

There are steps and criteria for a handgun to be accepted to the Production gun list.

• 1. 2000 manufactured and available to the general public .

It would be disappointing if the rule was 'politicianized' and a gun was listed before the average competitor had a reasonable chance to actually own. Not saying that it could not be done, but it would be disappointing . Also not saying that 2000 would cover a lot of the wants, but at least it sort of makes things fair play and not insider/elitist. 

I would think there is over 2,000 already available to the public, USPSA rules don't specify 2,000 in the USA.  I'm hoping it will be approved shortly after SHOT as I really would rather not switch back to the original Shadow each time I come down to the USA. On the Facebook video with Hopkins and Foley someone asked in the comments if it was now approved and the answer was just waiting on the forms and production numbers.

Edited by Chili

1 hour ago, Chili said:

I would think there is over 2,000 already available to the public, USPSA rules don't specify 2,000 in the USA.  I'm hoping it will be approved shortly after SHOT as I really would rather not switch back to the original Shadow each time I come down to the USA. On the Facebook video with Hopkins and Foley someone asked in the comments if it was now approved and the answer was just waiting on the forms and production numbers.

I think somebody posted earlier that worldwide the numbers have well passed 2000 some time ago.

What "general public" must mean to USPSA is beyond my knowledge, I think to date it has been based on number of guns imported to the U.S. 

I sort of do not have a dog in the fight as I can suffer along with my new TSO in limited if I have to :) . 

10 hours ago, Richc2048 said:

Where'd you guys read about the 2k of guns being dumped?

Tried to find that written somewhere and I can't, was under the impression that all January production was earmarked for the US market but can not find the reference. 

Senility creeping in maybe. 

On 1/19/2017 at 5:48 PM, Avedis said:
  • Black Poly-Coat Shadow 2 will only be available with a Black Grip from the factory.
  • Black Nitride Shadow 2 will be available with additional colored grips (blue, etc)
  • CZ will be importing 100 Shadow 2s a month to the US in 2017.

Black Nitride will only be available with Blue grips.

Totally incorrect about the numbers a month.