Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Shadows 2 is coming

PRanta

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

these two are not polycoated, they are Arcore (same as slide and also what we handled at IWA), however future shipments are polycoated black. There will be some escaping with just Arcore, but those are going to be rare apparently. Probably end up in the USA too. The polycoat is however put over top of the Arcore finish. 

1 hour ago, pistolshot said:

Is the Shadow 2 USPSA production legal? If not, why isn't it? Thanks

https://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-NROI-production-gunlist.php

I do not see it on the production gun list yet. 

The criteria of what is a 'production gun' & the process of approval and time required are beyond my knowledge. Seems like there ought to be some reasonable possibility for purchase in order to jive with the production gun concept, but the Tanfo's made the list when they were still rare as hens teeth so apparently that is not a consideration. 

22 minutes ago, IHAVEGAS said:

https://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-NROI-production-gunlist.php

I do not see it on the production gun list yet. 

The criteria of what is a 'production gun' & the process of approval and time required are beyond my knowledge. Seems like there ought to be some reasonable possibility for purchase in order to jive with the production gun concept, but the Tanfo's made the list when they were still rare as hens teeth so apparently that is not a consideration. 

Thanks. I have classification next month however I have a shadow 2 and signed up for production. Not sure if I am allow to shoot production. I didn't see it on the allowed list either. Not sure what to do.

33 minutes ago, pistolshot said:

Thanks. I have classification next month however I have a shadow 2 and signed up for production. Not sure if I am allow to shoot production. I didn't see it on the allowed list either. Not sure what to do.

I have found the folks on the contact list to be pretty responsive to questions https://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-contact-us.php , good luck !

1 hour ago, IHAVEGAS said:

I have found the folks on the contact list to be pretty responsive to questions https://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-contact-us.php , good luck !

I sent dnroi@uspsa.org an email close to a month ago hoping to get the ok to use my Shadow 2 in a match I was attending in the USA, I never did get a reply.  I've stuck to only using it for IPSC and using my old Shadow for USPSA, in both cases I don't think anyone would have cared but in both matches there were classifiers and I wanted mine submitted so I stuck with a known legal gun.

18 minutes ago, Chili said:

I sent dnroi@uspsa.org an email close to a month ago hoping to get the ok to use my Shadow 2 in a match I was attending in the USA, I never did get a reply.  I've stuck to only using it for IPSC and using my old Shadow for USPSA, in both cases I don't think anyone would have cared but in both matches there were classifiers and I wanted mine submitted so I stuck with a known legal gun.

Can't explain the delay, maybe I just got lucky when I contacted them.

I r.o. sometimes, I would appreciate you doing what you are doing. Otherwise the spot I am in is either to make a call that is no fun or to not do what I feel like I'm supposed to do.

CZ Custom supposedly has a tanker load of these things on order, they or cz-USA might be knowledgable of status. 

10 hours ago, race1911 said:

did you just send an email to nroi or Troy McManus in person?....when the original Shadow was not on the Approved list a joint effort between myself and Angus got it approved by Troy almost immediately

I just sent it to the dnroi@uspsa.org, I figured it was a long shot at best so didn't worry about it or follow up.

12 hours ago, IHAVEGAS said:

I r.o. sometimes, I would appreciate you doing what you are doing. Otherwise the spot I am in is either to make a call that is no fun or to not do what I feel like I'm supposed to do.

That's the reason right there, I have zero interest in putting an R.O. in that position, I can wait a few more matches before using the Shadow 2, although I can say after shooting it for a few months I would not switch back to the original Shadow by choice at this point.

A few of the shooters at the match in Fargo were pretty happy to get a chance to see and handle the 2 even If I didn't shoot it.

20 hours ago, pistolshot said:

This might help. Have been on the fence about pre-ordering and wanted help for which trigger to get for my compact so I called CZ Custom, they sold a trigger and probably a gun so I do not feel like I wasted anybody's time. 

Anyway.

Needs to be 1500 of the guns in circulation before they can be approved for the production gun list, probably true worldwide by now but I do not know if that is true. 

Still not available in the US, so it is difficult to ask for approval.  

1,500? I've only seen 2,000 in the rule book.

Appendix D4 - Page 85 - Feb. 2014 Handgun Competition Rules

" — A handgun may be approved and added to the USPSA Approved Production Handgun List after the NROI Manufacturer’s Declaration form stating that a minimum of 2000 complete handguns have been manufactured and available to the general public has been submitted and NROI has inspected the handgun for compliance."

My understanding is the 2,000 hanguns must be available inside the US as well.

II previously thought there needed to be 2,000 available in the U.S., as well, but right now I'm not sure why we think that when that's not what the rule says.  The rule does NOT say available to the general public of the United States.  It just says general public.  Why do we think that means the U.S. general public specifically?  Does anyone believe there are 2,000 Tanfo Stock III Extremes in the U.S.?  It's got its own SKU and its own separate entry on the Production List.  2,000 of those in the U.S.?  Doubtful.  2,000 CZ SP-01 Shadow T Duo Tone pistols?   2,000 Duo Tone?   Really?  I can't imagine that "available" to the general public means in the United States and ready for sale.  

The second part that is being over-looked is "and NROI has inspected the handgun for compliance. "  When someone says it's not on the list because there aren't 2,000 available, that's not exactly right.  If 2,000 were available, NROI wouldn't add it to the list.  CZ has to request it be added to the list, submit the Declaration and whatever other paperwork, AND they have to submit a sample of the pistol to NROI for inspection.  Then it gets added.   It's not on the list because CZ hasn't done what they need to do to have it added.

You can trust that when these actually become available, CZ is going to have a sample and the paperwork to USPSA in short order.   I wouldn't expect a long wait for these to be Production legal if in fact CZ's plan is for them to be used in Production.