Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Shadows 2 is coming

PRanta

28 minutes ago, slavex said:

lolz, they aren't doing a controlled release for inventory reasons

You have info?

More interested in the TS Orange but if you have info on status & plans for distribution of the S2 that would be great to know. 

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, IHAVEGAS said:

You have info?

More interested in the TS Orange but if you have info on status & plans for distribution of the S2 that would be great to know. 

I was thinking more to limited production capability.  i.e.  taking machines/smiths off standard sp-01 line to work on Shadows. but yeah.  slavex, share your insider knowledge.  BTW If you do actually work for CZ, I'm available to test this new monster!! :P  Lastly

1cxgz2.jpg

Edited by MarMahDuke

I don't work for the factory I just have very good contacts and friends there. And I make a point of going there a couple times a year when in Czech for competitions. The new machinery for the Shadow 2 is dedicated just to that currently. They are producing them as fast as they can, but as with any new project they have encountered some delays and issues which seem to have been solved so we should start seeing increased numbers over the next few months. But the orders far outstrip their production capabilities something they did not anticipate.

31 minutes ago, slavex said:

I don't work for the factory I just have very good contacts and friends there. And I make a point of going there a couple times a year when in Czech for competitions. The new machinery for the Shadow 2 is dedicated just to that currently. They are producing them as fast as they can, but as with any new project they have encountered some delays and issues which seem to have been solved so we should start seeing increased numbers over the next few months. But the orders far outstrip their production capabilities something they did not anticipate.

Hmmm. In that case I'm still keeping a good thought for inventory management (US). You would look to markets where your distributors have empty shelves as a higher priority for supply.

Although if supply on hand of S1/TS guns is about the same globally then it is what it is and my small hope that allocation percentages may balance is dashed. 

It is a slim hope, but what the hell, I still hope I might make A class one day. 

4 hours ago, slavex said:

Seems legit.. my version of the big bad corporation scheming to keep us poor 'mercian's from be able to observers our god given rights!!!!!!  .... is just more fun.

13 minutes ago, MarMahDuke said:

my version of the big bad corporation scheming to keep us poor 'mercian's from be able to observers our god given rights!!!!!!  .... is just more fun.

+1

US distributors making sure that they win the game is another conspiracy theory. 

CZ-USA facebooked 2017 for the SHADOW 2

CZ-USA Coming to the US in 2017, the Shadow 2 is sure to decimate in USPSA Production Division. More than just a tuned-up version of the SP-01 Shadow, the Shadow 2 is a new gun from the ground up.

" CZ-USA - We'll officially release it at SHOT in January, so order fulfillment will begin sometime in early 2017. Thanks!"

Edited by eerw

7 minutes ago, eerw said:

CZ-USA Coming to the US in 2017, the Shadow 2 is sure to decimate in USPSA Production Division. More than just a tuned-up version of the SP-01 Shadow, the Shadow 2 is a new gun from the ground up.

" CZ-USA - We'll officially release it at SHOT in January, so order fulfillment will begin sometime in early 2017. Thanks!"

That is just depressing, didn't they say 2015 for the TS Orange? 

So maybe 2019? 

The Shadow 2 supply has been very limited everywhere, so no need to big envy. Many CZ USA, CZC and CGW models and parts are not available elsewhere. Be happy with it.

Few all black Shadow 2 pistols have arrived to Finland. I got a change to handle one. The grip and serrations are very good in hand. The gun was quite front heavy, but in a way I liked it. I also liked the new narrow top slide design and sights. The DA pull was nice. Unfortunately the SA pull was the worst I have ever felt in CZ's. It was long and creepy. Maybe it feels different when actually shooting it. Few owners here have already had their SA pull customized by gunsmith.

17 hours ago, eerw said:

Available beginning January 2017.

Production approval est. January 2018. :)

Edited by bthoefer

Just now, jk_nh said:

What magazine does the Shadow 2 take?  Looking to buy a few before the election causes the supply to dry up?

In the US, it is supposed to ship with the nickel plated 17rnd magazine. Other parts of the world its been shipping with the MecGar AFC 19rnd mag.

otherwise SP01 mag, 16rnd mags fit also.

CZ supply is about the only thing I can think of where we have better access here in Canada than I read about in the States.  CZ supply here leaves a fair bit to be desired, but it seems worse in the States.

7 hours ago, 3djedi said:

Hillary will win, dems will take house and Senate. Shadow 2 will be banned before it ever gets here. But I'm an optimist. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

You forgot the supreme court. 

CZ Shadow 2 looks to be a significant upgrade from the first one. I've got a ton of rounds through my shadow and it's been fantastic. Runs any ammo I put in it. Shadow 2 looks to address all the tiny changes I would make if redesigning the first one. 

• 2 weeks later...

60 Urban Greys arrived in Australia in October and were all sold.
100 blacks (I think the factory calls them blues) are sitting in customs now, all sold.
I believe another shipment of 100 blacks is due before Christmas, 60% sold.

How long would 260 pistols last in the US ?

Edited by BMaus