Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Shadows 2 is coming

PRanta

13 minutes ago, IDescribe said:

I wouldn't expect a long wait for these to be Production legal

Scheduled for production for US market in January, so maybe early February, ish, is a reasonable guess? Assuming things proceed approximately according to plan. 

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, IDescribe said:

if in fact CZ's plan is for them to be used in Production.

...take that word "if" out as it is already on IPSC Production list for both the Duo-Tone and the Black/Blue...... Slavex has 3 black/blue earlier and his last was in the Serial # 35000 range, mine which I got last week (black/blue...held out over the Duo-Tone) is in the Serial # 75000 range proving there are many thousands out there worldwide available to the general public (unfortunately the US is lagging the world on this one)

Edited by race1911

1 hour ago, race1911 said:

mine which I got last week (black/blue...held out over the Duo-Tone) is in the Serial # 75000 

Slavex is in Canada.  You have already received a Shadow 2 living in Mesa?

As to the "IF" and it being targeted for Production, I am confident it is.  I really wasn't intending to suggest otherwise -- just ambiguous phrasing. ;) 

MonDec 5
Scattered flurries
16.png
12°F
 3°
 40%
 <0.5 in
 19 mph NW
TueDec 6
Cloudy with sunny breaks
4.png
7°F
 1°
 40%
 -
 16 mph NW
WedDec 7
Cloudy with sunny breaks
4.png
5°F
 -6°
 40%
 -
 16 mph NW
ThuDec 8
Mainly sunny
2.png
0°F
 -8°
 20%
 -
 9 mph NW
FriDec 9
A mix of sun and clouds
3.png
3°F
 -4°
 30%
 -
 9 mph E
SatDec 10
A mix of sun and clouds
3.png
1°F
 -4°
 30%
 -
 6 mph E
SunDec 11
A mix of sun and clouds
3.png
0°F
 -8°
 20%
 -
 9 mph NW

This may not be the perfect place for this question but it didn't seem like it needs its own thread. If you run a da/sa like this or a p 09 with safety in uspsa production do you have to use the safety? I know that it has to be fully decocked but do you as NEED to engage the safety before reholstering?

This may not be the perfect place for this question but it didn't seem like it needs its own thread. If you run a da/sa like this or a p 09 with safety in uspsa production do you have to use the safety? I know that it has to be fully decocked but do you as NEED to engage the safety before reholstering?

No safeties, the DA first shot is the safety. Also, usually can't engage the safeties while decocked on most Shadows.

Any ammo compatibility issues between the old and new CZ's ?

As in, if I reload all winter for my 75's and then get a shadow 2 when I can, should I be worried about ftf's and poor accuracy and such?

I realize that no one can answer that with certainty, but if you've had similar experience it would be good to hear one way or another. 

I haven't changed a thing since I got my 2s in regards to ammo. Still loading 1.1 for length and the same on everything else. I did have some light strikes with the Urban Grey, but pretty sure that was due to primer depth being wrong. 

Thanks!

Am running out of excuses. 

The mag release button is an interesting thing for the USPSA production gun list, my guess is that it will have to go or there will be a poop storm, but it ain't like I know anything. 

Edited by IHAVEGAS

Has anyone heard of a Shadow 2 Orange as yet? I've already purchased the Shadow 2 (waiting for arrival) - but, was interested in hearing about an S2 Orange (or at least a waiting list for one).

Would love to hear from any of you that might know. 

Cheers - 

At IWA they had the bushing Shadow 2 that I took extensive pics of and tore apart, word was then, that that would be the Orange gun in 2017. But due to the huge numbers of orders I don't expect to see them taking time to build such a beast for a couple years. There is also word of a "team" gun, that will be more like our current Orange/Canadian/Australian- ShadowMates. Talk is they might come out next year. Maybe.

Grips

Hey guys, Im a happy new owner of a Shadow 2 and do not own or have easy access to a Shadow 1 for comparison. So Im hoping you can help me out. 
I am looking to change the grips from the aluminum grips to ones with better friction (weak handstrength) and wonder what aftermarket grips there are. Do the grips for Shadow 1 fit on a Shadow 2? Any specific brand people would recomend? I really like the material on my friends Hogue grips for his revolver for instance.

Thanks in advance, happy shooting! :)

Grips

Hey guys, Im a happy new owner of a Shadow 2 and do not own or have easy access to a Shadow 1 for comparison. So Im hoping you can help me out. 
I am looking to change the grips from the aluminum grips to ones with better friction (weak handstrength) and wonder what aftermarket grips there are. Do the grips for Shadow 1 fit on a Shadow 2? Any specific brand people would recomend? I really like the material on my friends Hogue grips for his revolver for instance.

Thanks in advance, happy shooting! [emoji4]

Someone will probably correct me if Im wrong, but all SP01 grips should fit just fine on Shadow2. My tip is LOK grips!

2 hours ago, tedahlenius85 said:

Someone will probably correct me if Im wrong, but all SP01 grips should fit just fine on Shadow2. My tip is LOK grips!

I'm using LOK palm swells on my 75's now & like them. The CZ rubber oem's are also a very good grip to try (my opinion) and can be had used for a song.

Couldn't take it anymore so I put an S2 on pre-order. Hope to live long enough to see it get here.

Some of the add hype out there says the new guns were supposed to have enhanced reliability. I can not see anything that would support that notion unless somebody wanted to claim that they are more reliable because the new coating lasts longer, looks like the trigger spring and slide stop should still be the same as far as breakage goes. 

Am I missing something? 

Shadow grips fit on the 2, but leave a funny gap at the top that the 2 grips fill in. 

The trigger springs across the entire CZ line got an upgrade a few years back, and another one recently, I've broken one spring in 1.2 million rounds, so I'm assuming there have simply been bad batches previously. But the new springs are definitely different. 

Slidestops are the same (longer) but the hole in the S2 has been completely redesigned, it's truer and chamfered. Two things they say were the cause of many issues previously. 

12 minutes ago, slavex said:

The trigger springs across the entire CZ line got an upgrade a few years back, and another one recently, I've broken one spring in 1.2 million rounds, so I'm assuming there have simply been bad batches previously. But the new springs are definitely different. 

Slidestops are the same (longer) but the hole in the S2 has been completely redesigned, it's truer and chamfered. Two things they say were the cause of many issues previously. 

Good to know.

I broke a trigger spring at a local match this year (probably 6-8k rounds, had put a new one in at the start of the year to try and be pro-active) and a slide stop during practice (probably 12-14k) this year. 

Obviously not enough problems to scare me away but increased dependability would be really nice.