Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Carry optics sub forum

Perception is not reality. There are many people who think that the equipment determines who wins and loses.

As long as the equipment is 'suitable for purpose', i.e. it is accurate and reliable, then ANY gun can be competitive in Production/Production Optics, as long as the person holding it is fully proficient in its use.

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perception is not reality. There are many people who think that the equipment determines who wins and loses.

As long as the equipment is 'suitable for purpose', i.e. it is accurate and reliable, then ANY gun can be competitive in Production/Production Optics, as long as the person holding it is fully proficient in its use.

If that were true, wouldn't everyone just run out and buy a G17, or whatever is the current cheapest 'suitable for purpose' model on the market? Wouldn't Carry Optics include the entire Prod Div list?

If that were true, wouldn't everyone just run out and buy a G17, or whatever is the current cheapest 'suitable for purpose' model on the market? Wouldn't Carry Optics include the entire Prod Div list?

It would unless the president did a deal with manufacturers of polymer guns to eliminate steel framed guns from participating. Our elected leaders sold out the membership.

It would unless the president did a deal with manufacturers of polymer guns to eliminate steel framed guns from participating. Our elected leaders sold out the membership.

I know. Sometimes I just feel the need to poke someone with a stick. :devil:

I know. Sometimes I just feel the need to poke someone with a stick. :devil:

I prefer whacking with a hammer, but I settled for a vote. Is it January yet.

If people weren't sheep, yes, they could do that. But people are sheep, and believe in voodoo.

If people weren't sheep, yes, they could do that. But people are sheep, and believe in voodoo.

Wait, Wut? We all buy different guns because we're sheep..........Bah!!! (or is it Baa?)

I was wanting to get that M&P pro core performance center with the porting. I guess I'm glad I didn't buy it. Oh, could you buy this with the slide and barrel porting and replace the barrel with a non-ported one(such as a KKM in same caliber)? Would that be legal for this division?

Those are legal in production provided the barrel ported barrel is replaced and this rule says if it's production legal then you should be good to go for CO.

"Ported models are allowed providing that the barrel is non-ported and the other requirements are met."

I think we need that one in writing, The PC CORE's have an external trigger overtravel stop that production CORE's dont.

I sent an email on 30 July asking on the legality and or status of the M&P Pro CORE Performance Center pistols, and still haven’t gotten a response.

The lounger I think about this the more I am convinced this Provisional “experiment” is purposely set up to fail.

Design an exclusionary rule set:

· Not allow the whole production list

· Do not consider that this is an existing class of pistols in use by the public and that are modified beyond the production restrictions. (We are a small group of 25-50 shooters with 5 matches a month, there are at least 10 optics equipped Carry Pistols in our group and guess what none, zero are CO legal)

· Don’t respond to questions or make rulings in the first part of a limited 4 mouth provisional window

I would have expected that the BOD would have had a NROI position on every current optics ready pistol in production before starting this, but no, we are waiting on rulings for models from S&W & Glock...

Any thoughts on adding suppressor sights to a G-34/35? It's and external modification, but not OE or OE looking parts. If forbidden, that could give S&W M&P a significant advantage.

Backup sights definitely factor into your decision about how and where to mount the optic if you have a gun that doesn't come from the factory with one. Milling is only allowed for the Optic so if you want backup sights you have to use the existing dovetails or use something like the DeltaPoint Pro that has an optional rear sight attachment. Those tall sights might also driver up the weight so they likely won't be an option for anyone trying to lighten a steel gun to make weight.

Any thoughts on adding suppressor sights to a G-34/35? It's and external modification, but not OE or OE looking parts. If forbidden, that could give S&W M&P a significant advantage.

Sights can be aftermarket...

Exchange of minor EXTERNAL components

Sights, firing pins, firing pin retainers, pins, extractors and ejectors MAY be replaced with OFM or aftermarket parts.

Edited by JAFO

Not really. If you want to maximize the benefits of the dot sight then you do not want any obstruction in the sight window. It does require practice to learn to draw and maintain the dot in the window.

Not really. If you want to maximize the benefits of the dot sight then you do not want any obstruction in the sight window. It does require practice to learn to draw and maintain the dot in the window.

It took me a while to pick the dot up every time on the draw, a bunch of dry-fire helped.

I realize that I am very much a dilettante in this sport, but +1.

OST, Zev, Atom, all make after market slides that fly off the shelf. And most of these would not be CO legal, because they have forward serrations. ATEI, DP Custom, Mod 1, L&M Precision, a whole punch of companies have been milling slides for years, but they frequently also add forward or top serrations. Not even counting the aggressive milling of companies like Agency.

I realize that this sport is different, but these companies and their customers represent a huge market that should be a natural fit for CO. Except they're all excluded. I myself have two slides, one Glock and one M&P. But neither will work, because the Glock has "enhanced" rear serrations, and the M&P has top serrations. Any competitive advantage would be effectively nil, but still no go.

Just my two cents.

So there would be like 12 guys at the Nationals shooting this Division? Besides its already been covered by Ass Salient Arms, a Carry Optic HiPoint endorsed by Ben Stoeger, starting at $4,300. Google up Dynamic Pie Concepts on YouTube, the Ultimate HiPoint...

So there would be like 12 guys at the Nationals shooting this Division? Besides its already been covered by Ass Salient Arms, a Carry Optic HiPoint endorsed by Ben Stoeger, starting at $4,300. Google up Dynamic Pie Concepts on YouTube, the Ultimate HiPoint...

Lol

We had 4 at my local Steel Challenge match last weekend. I guess we only need 8 more nationwide to meet your quota.

Well done