Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Carry optics sub forum

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that we've got this Carry Optics Division thing going. I wonder if it wouldn't have been a bad idea to include revolvers?

There are revolvers on the production list. But they specifically excluded them for this. I agree why not let them play.

remember, our President calims that at least in part, a big reason for this new division is so that the 2 major Production gun sponsors don't walk since apparently their guns are no longer "competitive" in Production .... does Glock make a revolver?

So I have a question about the secondary slide.

I have an extra slide for my G17 that I purchased, which was milled by Atei for an RMR and their enhanced rear serrations (basically slightly larger and deeper). No windows, slide lightening, forward or top serrations.

My read is that this would not be allowed, because it is a Glock slide. But, if it were an aftermarket slide, it would, since it is the same length, caliber, and "contour." Is that correct?

"21.2b Milling of slide only as required to insert optical sights A slide may be modified specifically for the purpose of installing optical sights, and for no other purpose."

Has that update been issued? I don't see it anywhere. My rule book just says "sights"
http://uspsa.org/document_library/2015/APPENDIX-Carry%20Optics%20Provisional%20Division.pdf

WOW! They really are going through with this huh? Thanks for the info.

There's a bunch of CORE's on the approved gun list, not sure which model is pictured above.

That is a PC version of the CORE.

Ok, just saw they all have ported barrels. Thanks.

They would not be eligible. I don't believe you can just change the barrel to make it legal either.

I seem to remember something regarding the ported Glock pistols that said they were legal with a non ported barrel. I could be wrong though.
You are right! Yeah, it may work then.

Sent from the range

There's a bunch of CORE's on the approved gun list, not sure which model is pictured above.

That is a PC version of the CORE.

Ok, just saw they all have ported barrels. Thanks.

They would not be eligible. I don't believe you can just change the barrel to make it legal either.

I seem to remember something regarding the ported Glock pistols that said they were legal with a non ported barrel. I could be wrong though.
You are right! Yeah, it may work then.

Sent from the range

Appendix D4.17: "Slide ports permitted - Yes, on factory-original approved models"

And on the production gun list for Glocks it says "C models are allowed providing that the barrel is non-ported and the other requirements are met"

So the slide can have ports if you get a non-ported barrel, but the gun must also be on the production gun list. I only see 4 CORE models on the list and I'm guessing none of those are that Performance Center model, so it would have to added to the list to be legal even if you get a non-ported barrel for it.

The weight limit really has me confused.

I thought a production optics division would be a goal to bring in new shooters that enjoy the red dot, And keep aging shooters that don't want to mess with open.

Take a production gun and put a slide mounted red dot on it.

With the weight limit it becomes a "buy a polymer gun ready for an optic" or the polymer optics division.

Does anybody know the weight of the polymer CZ Phantom? I know it's discontinued. If it makes weight, any reason it wouldn't be suitable in the CO division?

Does anybody know the weight of the polymer CZ Phantom? I know it's discontinued. If it makes weight, any reason it wouldn't be suitable in the CO division?

How about a CZ P-07 or P-09?

I don't understand your question. I specifically asked for the weight of the Phantom and any opinions as to it's use in CO.

Well here's the weight: https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&es_th=1&ie=UTF-8#q=weight%20cz%20phantom&es_th=1

My response isn't really a question, but a suggested alternative in consideration of your statement that the Phantom is discontinued.

How about a CZ P-07 or P-09?

I don't understand your question. I specifically asked for the weight of the Phantom and any opinions as to it's use in CO.

I thought a production optics division would be a goal to bring in new shooters that enjoy the red dot, And keep aging shooters that don't want to mess with open.

With the weight limit it becomes a "buy a polymer gun ready for an optic" or the polymer optics division.

That was the intention, but then a guy messed it all up

If that's this one from the Production approved list:

CZ 75 SP01 Phantom 9mm (29 oz.)

then it would be fine, assuming you can put a dot on it and still be within the weight limit.

If that's this one from the Production approved list:

CZ 75 SP01 Phantom 9mm (29 oz.)

then it would be fine, assuming you can put a dot on it and still be within the weight limit.

DOH! I keep forgetting the weights are published on the approved list. :cheers:

Polymer optics,

So Glock and S&W will stop getting spanked by outdated da/SA metal guns.

Because 2k on a tuned, milled, g34 with top of the line rds or 3k on a rare cz vs someone's 500$ beretta with a 200$ Burris is what production is all about.

Polymer guns aren't really getting spanked by anything. But yeah, a full on limited gun in 9mm probably does have an advantage over a plastic gun that weighs probably half as much.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Which guy messed it up? Is that guy connected to any plastic gun mfr?

I think it might be the 10 (?) guys at the last BoD mtg who messed it up when they voted to approve CO with a weight restriction .... in my daily job we have big, multi billion dollar defense contractors trying to sell us on some idea just about every month ... doesn't mean we do what they want, but we always listen politely ... :)

Edited by Nimitz

Which guy messed it up? Is that guy connected to any plastic gun mfr?

Think Prez

Make up your own mind on past/current/future relationships

Polymer optics,

So Glock and S&W will stop getting spanked by outdated da/SA metal guns.

Because 2k on a tuned, milled, g34 with top of the line rds or 3k on a rare cz vs someone's 500$ beretta with a 200$ Burris is what production is all about.

Looks like glock took 2nd and 3rd at 2015 production nationals. Only lost 1st by like 2 points or something so how can you say polymer is getting "spanked"?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk