Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Carry optics sub forum

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does your local club have CO division yet? mine doesn't.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Yes, but it's showing Carry Optics on the Practiscore registration page, it should say CO according to a post Troy made in the USPSA Forum last night

$818..... $318 for slide milling and trigger job...... don't know if that is fair price or not.

I have no idea what people pay for slide milling for a dot. Is it worth that?

Or you can get an M&P core for $600. Hmmm.....

Edited by 3djedi

Separately CZC was charging $465/gun + $200/trigger job + $180/mill & refinish slide = $845

Package deal $819

Now I wait until January.

Edited by pmt

Nik

I'm not trying to endear myself to anyone, just posting my opinions.

Shoot what you want to shoot ;)

It's not about me though......

It's about the folks who shoot matches in my section, and how those proposals would affect them....

It shouldn't, they can shoot 10 rounds against each other in your section.

As I've said, I really don't care! I just hate the ban state argument, period!

Nik

It's about the folks who shoot matches in my section, and how those proposals would affect them....

And some of us really detest exclusionary principles...... :devil:

Nik

And some of us really detest exclusionary principles...... :devil:

That's funny, because I'm not excluding you

Why should the rest of the country have to live under the restrictions of your communist state? You live in the communist state so live by their rules. If you compete outside your communist state maybe you could borrow some magazines from a non communist. Or buy some to use and sell them when you are done. :)

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

If you are traveling for majors I'm sure you're dedicaticated and smart enough to find mags for the match. The cost of the mags is a drop in the bucket of total match cost.

It's unfair for the rest to suffer

so reloading causes you to 'suffer'? Maybe you should be a competitive knitter or something that is less stressful.

One thing I don't like about limited is that just about everyone shoots the same dang gun.

One thing I like about production is that a vast variety of guns can be competitive, even 40's and 45's. If you remove the capacity restriction, then you will fairly quickly have everybody shooting 1 or 2 different guns. That would be lame.

Our club will start CO in September. Sorry if I missed this elsewhere, the way the new CO appendix written, says optic 'permitted', then that it must be located in certain spot. Does this 'require' optic? Or can anyone with otherwise eligible gun that makes weight, can they shoot iron sight only, no optic in CO? Not asking why they would, but if they can.

Edited by trgt

Our club will start CO in September. Sorry if I missed this elsewhere, the way the new CO appendix written, says optic 'permitted', then that it must be located in certain spot. Does this 'require' optic? Or can anyone with otherwise eligible gun that makes weight, can they shoot iron sight only, no optic in CO? Not asking why they would, but if they can.

I think the rules need to be clarified on that issue, the use of an Optic is marked as YES but it should be MANDATORY.

I fired off a question to DNROI.

Edited by BritinUSA

A club member recently shot a match with a compensated Open gun with iron sights. Of course, the comp pushed him into Open regardless. But if there's nothing preventing a revolver shooter from entering Production, or a SS shooter entering Lim-10, why prevent iron sights in CO?

I think the rules need to be clarified on that issue, the use of an Optic is marked as YES but it should be MANDATORY.

And why is that? is it MANDATORY they have a dot to shoot open?

Everyone says the most important part of open is the dot. If you want to win in CO, you will need one to able to keep up.

For those already shooting CO in local matches not yet on board with it, are they scoring you in Open, something else or just ignoring you? My slide should be in shortly :P but I don't see any place close showing scores for it?

For those already shooting CO in local matches not yet on board with it, are they scoring you in Open, something else or just ignoring you? My slide should be in shortly :P but I don't see any place close showing scores for it?

you need to contact the MD and "remind" them that you plan to shoot in the CO division. Since it's now an official provisional division I don't think MDs of sanctioned USPSA matches get a choice NOT to offer it. It would be like going to a match with your revolver and the MD saying "sorry dude, we don't allow your kind here" ....

Edited by Nimitz