Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Carry optics sub forum

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many on this thread have gone all the way and milled out your slide....

versus using some sort of interface plate with your dovetail?

I had mine milled. Although I was already interested in doing this before Carry Optics existed so when it came about that pushed me over the edge to finally get it done.

c3Drig0.jpg

How many are co witness with iron sights?

Mine co-witness. Not being an Open shooter it helps a lot finding the dot. Especially with stuff like weak handed shooting.

How many on this thread have gone all the way and milled out your slide....

versus using some sort of interface plate with your dovetail?

I had mine milled. Although I was already interested in doing this before Carry Optics existed so when it came about that pushed me over the edge to finally get it done.

c3Drig0.jpg

How many are co witness with iron sights?

Mine co-witness. Not being an Open shooter it helps a lot finding the dot. Especially with stuff like weak handed shooting.

Who did the milling? What it someone in the Phx area?

I had mine done by L&M Precision (http://www.landmprecisiongunworks.com/). Mark did really good work and had very good communications answering some questions I had beforehand. I just shipped him the slide/RMR in a USPS flat rate box, had it back within 2 weeks.

There are a bunch of places in the valley that do slide milling, but I haven't heard much about the quality of their work or seen reviews of them so didn't consider any of them. L&M was one of the first shops to start doing the RMR milling many years ago so he definitely knows what he's doing. The other place I was considering was ATEi (http://ateiguns.com/), I've also heard great things about them.

I wonder how much weight I could lose on my Shadow if I had the slide milled to accept a regular Cmore .....

Not enough. Not even close. I don't have my notes with me, but I think I lost 0.6 - 0.7 oz milling the slide for an optic.

Edited by sperman

I had mine done by L&M Precision (http://www.landmprecisiongunworks.com/). Mark did really good work and had very good communications answering some questions I had beforehand. I just shipped him the slide/RMR in a USPS flat rate box, had it back within 2 weeks.

There are a bunch of places in the valley that do slide milling, but I haven't heard much about the quality of their work or seen reviews of them so didn't consider any of them. L&M was one of the first shops to start doing the RMR milling many years ago so he definitely knows what he's doing. The other place I was considering was ATEi (http://ateiguns.com/), I've also heard great things about them.

pm sent.

They don't appear to expect a big turnout with only having a one day event ....

Guess they are hoping production shooters will stay around for an extra day like SS shooters do for revolver

What are the odds that the match is won by someone running a regular Production/iron sighted gun :roflol:

Guess they are hoping production shooters will stay around for an extra day like SS shooters do for revolver

What are the odds that the match is won by someone running a regular Production/iron sighted gun :roflol:

Zero, unless none of the big boys decide to play ...

I wonder how much weight I could lose on my Shadow if I had the slide milled to accept a regular Cmore .....

Not enough. Not even close. I don't have my notes with me, but I think I lost 0.6 - 0.7 oz milling the slide for an optic.

I was just kidding .... I'm waiting for Mike to fix the division once he takes over and then have my Shadow COed ... :) Edited by Nimitz

Zero, unless none of the big boys decide to play ...
TGO is a team player, plays revolver rather well

I'd feel funny shooting in CO without the O part in the name on my gun.

I don't see anything in the rules prohibiting it, and it might be an interesting data point in the dialog about whether an optic on a carry gun really is a practical improvement. I will be watching from the sidelines with great interest.

Provisional division announced at the end of a season with and note to reassess before the beginning of the next. It's no wonder that we don't have a ton of participation to show. At least now we know from the BOD minutes that CO will go on through 2016 with minimal changes to the current rules. I expect we see a strong uptick in participation early next season now that we have some promise of stability.

Edited by alma