Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Carry optics sub forum

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an extra C-More slide right so I may mount it up on my Gen 2 Glock 22 and play. It would be nice if the BoD would say we can shoot it a higher level matches than just club matches. I'd probably shoot it at SC State and Area 6 if it was available.

They don't appear to expect a big turnout with only having a one day event ....

Guess they are hoping production shooters will stay around for an extra day like SS shooters do for revolver

What are the odds that the match is won by someone running a regular Production/iron sighted gun :roflol:

Zero, unless none of the big boys decide to play ...

Actually I think there's a decent chance considering I'm pretty sure the top 3, at least, from this past Production Nationals aren't interested in CO and if they go to Production Nats again next year they'll likely stick around another day and shoot CO with their Production guns.

I suppose they could try to reduce the chance of an iron sighted gun winning by changing the stages a bit from the Production Nats stages and making harder shots, more hard cover and no shoots, etc. That would probably make for a better CO match anyway.

It is silly to act like a dot doesn't make much difference. Anyone who has spent any time behind one can see that it is an advantage.

I really wish people would move on from the passive aggressive poo slinging at this division and just give it some time to see what happens.

As the Nationals will only be a one day affair, I'm hoping that the organizers will give preference to those who actually wish to use a Carry Optic equipped gun.

I suspect several top shooters will use a Carry Optics gun for this match; Leatham has posted on Facebook using one, Sig has a P320 with built in Optic coming out soon, so I suspect that Max Michel will shoot it. Shane Coley and Tori Nonaka would also be likely to shoot to promote the Glock MOS, the same goes for Julie Golob and Randi Rogers with the M&P Core guns.

It is silly to act like a dot doesn't make much difference. Anyone who has spent any time behind one can see that it is an advantage.

I really wish people would move on from the passive aggressive poo slinging at this division and just give it some time to see what happens.

Is this comment meant for me? If so, look back one page in this thread; I'm one of the few actually shooting CO!

My point was it more depends on who actually decides to shoot a CO gun. I know some of the top Production shooters aren't interested in it so if they stick around another day for the CO Nationals they'll just shoot their Production guns.

Understand. Though if Ben is going to stick around and shoot he can't use the unicorn. I believe it is heavier than 35oz.

Good point. Just under of the guns shot at this year's Production Nationals wouldn't make CO weight.

Understand. Though if Ben is going to stick around and shoot he can't use the unicorn. I believe it is heavier than 35oz.

I'm thinking once our current leader is gone we might rid ourselves of the weight limit. But maybe this is only wishful thinking

It would be nice to see the absolute weight limit go away in favor of a limit of so many ounces over listed Production weight, maybe based on the weight of the heavier dot sights currently available. That would open the field, and also eliminate internally adding weight to get a 25-26oz gun up to 35oz.

If it's supposed to be a Division for carry guns with optics, I'm kind of surprised there's not a barrel length limit imposed. I know some people actually do carry 5"+ barreled pistols, but I'd wager they are in the minority.

Sounds like people just want this to be the open 10 division rather than the production optics division it clearly is. If you start getting into slide modification and no weight limit that's what it'll be. You could mod the crap out of a glock cz or m&p and put optics on it and compete before CO even was talked about its called open.

Edited by Warkitz

Sounds like people just want this to be the open 10 division rather than the production optics division it clearly is. If you start getting into slide modification and no weight limit that's what it'll be. You could mod the crap out of a glock cz or m&p and put optics on it and compete before CO even was talked about its called open.

That argument left the barn a LONG time ago.

I had Pike Spraggins http://mod1firearms.comto install the RMR on my G19 and G21, and recently he Cerakoted them. Here's the G19 after 3 weeks of carry in a Blade-Tech IWB Razor.

what sights are these? I bought dawsons from shooters connection and they are co-witness. yours look like lower 1/3 maybe.

Sorry don't remember, send Pike an email info@mod1firearms.com.

Well, if Ben wanted to troll everyone he could show up with this:

http://eaacorp.com/portfolio-item/witness-polymer-p-full-size/

witness_p_full_size.jpg

Why would that be trolling, if it makes weight (and I think some one has one alread that does with a dot, zhunter maybe?) Looks like a heck of a choice. Edited by caspian guy

I had Pike Spraggins http://mod1firearms.comto install the RMR on my G19 and G21, and recently he Cerakoted them. Here's the G19 after 3 weeks of carry in a Blade-Tech IWB Razor.

what sights are these? I bought dawsons from shooters connection and they are co-witness. yours look like lower 1/3 maybe.

Which sights did you buy and are you shooting an MOS Glock or one with a custom milled slide? I'm not sure if Dawson makes regular suppressor height sights, but they do make sights designed to co-witness with the MOS which are even taller than regular suppressor sights. If you're shooting a custom milled slide with the Dawson MOS sights then they're taller than they need to be and probably blocking more of the window, but I'm not sure how much of a difference there is in sight height.

I have Ameriglo suppressor sights on mine that I posted on the previous page.

Which sights did you buy and are you shooting an MOS Glock or one with a custom milled slide? I'm not sure if Dawson makes regular suppressor height sights, but they do make sights designed to co-witness with the MOS which are even taller than regular suppressor sights. If you're shooting a custom milled slide with the Dawson MOS sights then they're taller than they need to be and probably blocking more of the window, but I'm not sure how much of a difference there is in sight height.

I have Ameriglo suppressor sights on mine that I posted on the previous page.

yeah I milled the slide. I think your right, the sights are in the middle if not slightly above total co-witness. obviously I don't need the sights for the "gaming" aspect but I want to have sights on the slide. probably gonna get the other slightly lower MOS sights dawson sells and see how they work out.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's time for carry optics to have their own sub-forum. They have their own technical issues they're sorting out, and their discussions are spread throughout several forums.

This would provide a central place for discussion which would make the search function easier to employ.

Has anyone considered mounting a red dot on a P01 for carry optics? I know the gun is light enough and is on the production approved list. It seems as though the sight radius would not matter with a dot. Any ideas from P01 owners?