Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What brake are you running on carbine?

biglou13

im very new to the game

I think the muzzle brake is the number one modification in my book for getting gun to shoot flat

i feel like i stumbled upon the perfect brake

i really have only extensively shot the vais and birdcage thanks to uncle sam

got to thinking what else is there

you cant really just test drive muzzle brakes wish you try before buy

any suggestions what to look for (spying others guns at range)

too many choices to run a poll

What muzzle break are you using? (optional pictures and why?) weblink?

mine is a schuler, not a big name mfgr. maybe even a garage machinist, im told design is similar to holland brake. but ive had a few shoot it and got the WOW! haven't trained enough with it but my splits are near if not better than handgun.

Edited by biglou13

I think the best for the money used to be the miculek, now I think that title has to go to the AR stoner titan copy. Brakes seem to be very personal as to what is "best" but it is pretty easy to tell when you get a crappy one. As to what is actually the best, I don't know.

WOOHOO!!! Another what muzzle brake thread!

Miculek best for the money, but what do I know?

OK boys jump in with your favorite!

Comp test articles below.

http://www.multigunmedia.com/pk-compensation.pdf

http://www.multigunmedia.com/ar15-comps-pt-2.pdf

In all honesty...Pick one and practice. Matches are not won nor lost on what muzzle brake you use.

Edited by P.E. Kelley

I run the m4-72 by Precision Armament...I also run a piston gun in the pro series and may be the only one left doing so....I will say this, when it comes to recoil mitigation, and thats not substantial in 223 anyway, the M4-72 makes .15 splits at 40 yard targets easily done with full power loads and a piston gun with heavy carrier. Its all I will run from now on

• 1 month later...

I don't have much experience with brakes.... Shot rifles for years but none with a brake till last year. What a great new world!! Haha. Had what I felt to be good results with a surefire procomp.. Not terribly expensive either, about $50.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by shooterDrew

I had a PA M4-72 and it worked great as a brake. However I personally did not like the rearward blast. The blast would hit the bill of my ball cap and funnel the air under my glasses and water my eyes so badly that I could not see for follow up shots. I returned it in exchange for their M11-SPR. This is almost as efficient of a brake as the M4 but the blast does not hit my face. Plus it has top ports (which the M4 doesn't have) and works to control muzzle rise.

I had a PA M4-72 and it worked great as a brake. However I personally did not like the rearward blast. The blast would hit the bill of my ball cap and funnel the air under my glasses and water my eyes so badly that I could not see for follow up shots. I returned it in exchange for their M11-SPR. This is almost as efficient of a brake as the M4 but the blast does not hit my face. Plus it has top ports (which the M4 doesn't have) and works to control muzzle rise.