Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Poll for possible changes for CO

zhunter

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

weird but trying to log in from the link but it says my username and password are incorrect. its the same as if i were logging directly into my USPSA account right?

Not sure, it should be. You might have to register a username, pretty sure the password is the same as for logging into the USPSA/org site

weird but trying to log in from the link but it says my username and password are incorrect. its the same as if i were logging directly into my USPSA account right?

If you have not registered on the forums you can't log in. They are the same but separate. lol

If you have not registered on the forums you can't log in. They are the same but separate. lol

signed up this morning but have not received the authorization email from USPSA yet, oh well.

signed up this morning but have not received the authorization email from USPSA yet, oh well.

Might want to check your Junk Mail folder

I added another poll for round count, stippling, and serrations

Looks like it is going to be Cheap Open instead of Carry Optics.

Weight limit was put in place by the 3 gun manufacturer's that lobbied for it and got it put in place.

I think the weight limit is a bad idea, all other Production Rules should apply, otherwise it's cheap open.

It's not Production Division. I see no reason Carry Optics can't have their own rules.

Single Stack has weight limits. Fine by me.

And if someone just wants to spend thousands of dollars on a gun then just shoot Open or Limited.

I see it like something for everyone.

Just my 2 cent

• 2 weeks later...

Weight limit was put in place by the 3 gun manufacturer's that lobbied for it and got it put in place.

I don't think this is a correct statement.

Edited by alma

Where did the weight limit come from?

Smith and Wesson, Glock and Springfield do not dominate production, CZ does, the 3 manufacturers lobbied USPSA for carry optics, only reason for a weight limit was to exclude other guns.

Where did the weight limit come from?

Smith and Wesson, Glock and Springfield do not dominate production, CZ does, the 3 manufacturers lobbied USPSA for carry optics, only reason for a weight limit was to exclude other guns.

There was no lobbying or conspiracy by the three gun makers you mentioned.

I think for most of them the USPSA population is too small to care about much anyway. Strader proposed the weight limit as a way to get back to what he saw as the intent of Production division, where the guns used do look like more typical guns that you find behind the counter and would in fact use for carry or duty. He discusses that here on a Stoeger podcast

https://youtu.be/57amGsXImQo

I personally like the move simply because it doesn't lave us with an obvious best gun to get to be competitive in CO. There are now a lot of options that could be equally competitive.

Edited by alma

Not sure I buy into the theory that removing the weight limit will make it "obvious" there is only one gun to be competitive ....

Having said that, we all know that simply buying a CZ SPO1 Shadow from CZC automatically will make you a Master class shooter and just a couple of weeks later you'll easily be a Production GM ... I say remove the weight limit and leave all other production rules the same & let people shoot what they want ... Just like we do now ...

Just not thrilled with being required to buy a new gun to shoot a division we basically already have with the addition of an optic ... I know others look at it as an excuse to buy another gun but I don't. Remove the weight limit and I'd be shooting CO and probably never return to irons again ...

Edited by Nimitz

If you remove the weight limit then just call it Lim 10 optics and be done with it. Then the CZ and Tanfo guys can cry about the 1911 and 2011 having an advantage and how they can't be competitive. All will be right with the world....

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk