Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Poll for possible changes for CO

zhunter

I've always liked the idea of not creating a new division but making L-10 the slide mount optic division.

1. Holster position would allow appendix carry.

2. Stippling, slide cuts etc... Would be allowed.

3. 1911's could compete.

4. It would include MANY people that want to try it. The gamers, the timmies, the sight impaired, and pretty much anyone that shoots already to use there existing gun. Limited, production, and single stack guys could dove tail sight their optic and go to town!

You might be late to the party, the BoD made it's announcement yesterday on CO for the next 12 months. Everything is posted on USPSA.org

USPSA Forum

USPSA Facebook page

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoping to do three big matches this year now that the restriction has been lifted off Level 2+ matches; Mile-High Showdown, Area 3 and CO Nationals… I guess I need to get working on a backup gun.

Unfortunately our Area match (Area 6) won't be including CO this year. What will probably happen is next year they'll offer CO and PCC and then I'll have to decide between those two.

• 1 month later...

So after going through all the changes that has taken place on Carry Optics, one that didn't stick out was triggers. With so many different drop in triggers for M&P's (Apex flat triggers) and Glock (countless!) Why are we still not allowed to use them? To me it makes no sense we drop $200 on trigger jobs just to make it "look" like a factory setup but clearly its not vs go buying a Drop in kit such as a ZEV Fulcrum and call it a day. I figure if we're going to allow undercutting of trigger guards and stippling outside of the Production allowable parameters, lets finally allow all these companies that make great triggers a place to play in, It would allow Polymer style guns to be a little more competitive vs those of their steel counterparts.

I don't think the BOD should have allowed the frame and slide modifications that were announced at the last meeting.

The original intent of the division which was simply a Production gun with a dot on it, easy to manage and enforce as the rules are essentially the same as one of the most successful divisions in this sport (Production).

They are now moving it toward an 'IPSC Modified" division which will only increase the perceived cost of being competitive.

They are making numerous changes to this division without giving enough time to measure the impact of each change.

So what is the difference between then sending my Glock 34 too Taran Tactical to get a trigger Job done, (Which is production legal) vs putting in a Zev adjustable Fulcrum Trigger? (which isn't legal in production)?

I think we just should un blur that line personally.

The rules are clear, you can change internals of the trigger but not external.

If you want that changed in CO then ask the BOD, I am sure they will change the rules again, and while you're at it, get them to screw up the Production rules as well, allow full frame stippling, slide cut, undercut the trigger guard etc.

If you want that changed in CO then ask the BOD, I am sure they will change the rules again, and while you're at it, get them to screw up the Production rules as well, allow full frame stippling, slide cut, undercut the trigger guard etc.

Personally I would be happy to see production screwed up by permitting these modifications but I don't see the BoD approving such changes. They are willing to experiment with changes in CO but they've sent a pretty clear signal from past votes that they don't want to screw with production.