Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Has the RTS2 become the preferential C-More?

Rudukai13

What does everyone think? For the purposes of the poll/this discussion, assume you're considering what optic to purchase, new, for a blank open gun - For a long time, the original large C-More sights have been the clear preference of the pros and the masses. Now with the RTS2, it would seem (to me) that C-More may have finally created a reasonable "second-gen" competition sight to dominate the sport/market. I'm just wondering what everyone thinks?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they have figured out the bugs for good, then yes I think it is the way to go moving forward.

I am testing one now and it looks and feels so sleek compared to the now antiquated looking traditional cmore.

I have two RTS2s. One has been sent back for repair and another will be sent back if I can get around to it this week.

I really want these to work out because the form-factor (IMHO) is mo betta than the traditional C-Mores.

I'm in this boat right now. And for the new open gun I'm taking the plunge on an 8moa rts2. However I have already got a cmore slideride and 90 mount ready to go just in case. Makes it a bit of an expensive excercise but I just don't know if the rts2 will work out. I hope it does. :)

definitely NOT switching back to slide ride..........RTS and now RTS2 8MOA with upgraded board I feel makes for a lighter, better transitioning handgun , the dot is ALWAYS there, unlike the slide ride where once in a while (especially shooting strong/ weak hand) you would have to do the "search for the dot" routine..............CMore company reps have been very timely and supportive of any problems I have had in the development of the RTS2

In addition to commenting just on the poll, can everyone who's had experience with both the original C-More and the RTS2 discuss what you liked about each, disliked, what you'd change on the RTS2 to make it a better option, etc.

I've always used a horizontally mounted slide ride and when I tried the RTS2 I found it to be too high with too small a lens.

Does anyone know if the RTS2 fits the Arredondo J-point/Deltapoint mount?

i've been trying to find out too

anybody know?

it does not. matt cheely makes mounts for both-they are different.

I'm hearing different elsewhere...

So the question is clear... do the C-more STS and the RTS2 the same mount? Because the Arredondo mount does come with w a plate for the RTS.

Shot a few hundred rounds today using a loaner RTS2. The gun looks so much better with it in place of the standard unit. I found the dot plenty easy to aquire. I actually am not crazy about the on off brightness buttons. I once started a stage with my dot turned off and I instantly twisted the knob and got a dot. With the RTS 2 you would have to find that very small button and have the patience to hold it long enough to turn it on. The glass is noticeably smaller and the dot didn't seem as bright as the standard. Still a pretty good unit.

I started with a 38S and a DR mounted on the slide. I would not go back to a slide mounted dot in OPEN.. (read OPEN). Upright C-more was the ticket for 38S. Along comes 9 major. Upright C-more mounts do not allow 100% ejection unless the C-more has a huge offset to the left. 9 Major was here to stay and someone developed the 90 C-more mount. A huge improvement, dot sits right about slide, eliminates the 2.1 inch offset), eliminates ejection problems. The balance of the gun is not the same, but not tweaking with the ejector is a huge plus. If your gun doesn't run 100% in Open, your sucking hind tit.

Along comes the DR, RTS, Deltapoint, crowd and mounting directly above slide. Seems to allow ejection and they are not riding on the slide, so life expectancy is longer. The gun is better balanced. As one said, It looks better ! :devil: It is lighter, but the glass is still a lot smaller than a C-more. If they would make a micro dot with the same surface glass and dot maneuverability as a C-More--Ding! You have a winner.

Just my experience-what do I know. What is the world champion shooting.....

anybody know?

So the question is clear... do the C-more STS and the RTS2 the same mount? Because the Arredondo mount does come with w a plate for the RTS.

matt's mount is for RTS2 & STS. he makes a different one for the deltapoint. i've been running one for 21 months.

here::

http://www.ccgunworks.com/store/shop/category/scope-mounts/

anybody know?

matt's mount is for RTS2 & STS. he makes a different one for the deltapoint. i've been running one for 21 months.

here::

http://www.ccgunworks.com/store/shop/category/scope-mounts/

The Arredondo has a plate to adapt to STS/RTS.

I'm not a fan of the off center orientation of the Cheely RTS mounts. I'd rather have the optic centered over bore.