Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Interesting guns at 2015 Limited Nationals

andersonj55126

I already have the parts to build 3 of these. 2 in 9mm and one in .40. The barrels are all commander length before the trubor blank for a total of 6.5 inches. The 40 will be built with a phoenix trinity steel grip, one of the 9s will use a poly grip and the other 9 will be used for a 9 major/steel upper for my 38 super open gun. I will be posting pics in the "gonna build a 1911" thread in gunsmithing.

Rob's slide looks pretty sporty in terms of weight reduction.

I don't know if Limcat bores the slide ID to fit a bigger tungsten sleeve, but if so that would be a light slide as well.

These guns really alter the relative weights of the components compared to a more conventional pistol.

So can someone quickly explain to me the benefit of this design vs. a more traditional lightened slide? Is it more stable with the weight upfront and less reciprocating mass?

that would be my guess, plus you have a sight tracker set up.

So can someone quickly explain to me the benefit of this design vs. a more traditional lightened slide? Is it more stable with the weight upfront and less reciprocating mass?

I did it for less reciprocating mass and a non-reciprocating front sight without the extremely heavy front end of a sight tracker, with the added bonus of it being an interesting design challenge. The slide on mine is 4.5 inches long so fairly light. The front sight holder is aluminum, and the entire barrel assembly (barrel, come comp adapter, front fight block, and front sight) weighs what the bull barrel weighed before we started. It is much less nose-heavy than a 6-inch sight tracker. I have since added an SV steel grip, so it is quite heavy, but it balances great and is very flat. I like it a lot and I would do very little different.

Rob's slide looks pretty sporty in terms of weight reduction.

I don't know if Limcat bores the slide ID to fit a bigger tungsten sleeve, but if so that would be a light slide as well.

These guns really alter the relative weights of the components compared to a more conventional pistol.

Seriously though, that thing is chopped up. I wonder how many rounds it takes before the 'ol custom shop will have to go all slicey dice on a new one...

The Limcat website lists the weight of the H-Bar barrel at 9.5 oz, which seems like a whole lot to me to not be bored out at least a little bit (if you figure a regular bull barrel is 6.5ish?)... Having a Perfect Sight H-Bar, that thing must be a tank with a ridiculously light slide. Especially if that full length rod we can see is Tungsten as well..

Maybe Springfield will start offering this?! I wish the companies that have their pros shooting rebranded 2011s would just go ahead and produce the gun. I would love multiple companies makes 2011 mags that I could buy for $25 like glock mags. Hell, I would probably buy a Taurus PT 2011 if they offered it! Oh well, back to reality.