Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Interesting guns at 2015 Limited Nationals

andersonj55126

what is the frame/grip on TGO's gun? looks sort of like a single stack but is clearly a double stack. But I don't recognise that shape trigger guard and the grips almost look like regular replaceable grips (like a single stack).

Probably a Springfield. They used to have a double stack. Used to you could get Open and Limited guns out of Custom Shop with a frame like that. I figure they rat holed a few back for their Pro TGO.

Hello: Look like Rob's gun is a 6" with a screwed on sight holder end piece. The frame I am sure is a custom unit with a square trigger guard that is either welded on or forged into that shape. Maybe one of his old guns with a new top end? I am not sure all that work is worth it but I hear the machines running now to copy it. After looking at it closer it kinda looks like an old Canadian made Para frame. Thanks, Eric

Edited by Aircooled6racer

what is the frame/grip on TGO's gun? looks sort of like a single stack but is clearly a double stack. But I don't recognise that shape trigger guard and the grips almost look like regular replaceable grips (like a single stack).

Probably a Springfield. They used to have a double stack. Used to you could get Open and Limited guns out of Custom Shop with a frame like that. I figure they rat holed a few back for their Pro TGO.

Thanks, I thought that may be the case. it kind of looks like a tanfoglio/2011/1911 hybrid. :)

Seriously though, that thing is chopped up. I wonder how many rounds it takes before the 'ol custom shop will have to go all slicey dice on a new one...

He probably gets a new gun each time he shoots. Or at the very least, a complete rebuild.

The frame is Springfields wide body forged frame. It is a para clone that easily uses SVI triggers and mags. The trigger guard is a new piece welded in, Rob likes a squared trigger guard. The grips are just the factory plastic ones sanded down and textured. It looks like an old Kings ambi safety and a S&A mag well.

Rich

Maybe Springfield will start offering this! I wish the companies that have their pros shooting rebranded 2011s would just go ahead and produce the gun. I would love multiple companies makes 2011 mags that I could buy for $25 like glock mags. Hell, I would probably buy a Taurus PT 2011 if they offered it! Oh well, back to reality.

Maybe Springfield will start offering this! I wish the companies that have their pros shooting rebranded 2011s would just go ahead and produce the gun. I would love multiple companies makes 2011 mags that I could buy for $25 like glock mags. Hell, I would probably buy a Taurus PT 2011 if they offered it! Oh well, back to reality.

I was at a 3 gun match where the FNH guys were shooting SCARS, FNH shotguns, and 2011s that had FNH engraved in the slide. If you want to pitch a product, you should run it! Much easier to believe a competition shooter when they actually shoot the stuff they sell.

I emailed the Custom Shop. Here is their response.

"Mike,

Mike this is a one off prototype pistol we built for Rob as a what if pistol.I dont think he found the design to have a measurable advantageThis is one of many works guns we have built for him over the years"

I was at a 3 gun match where the FNH guys were shooting SCARS, FNH shotguns, and 2011s that had FNH engraved in the slide. If you want to pitch a product, you should run it! Much easier to believe a competition shooter when they actually shoot the stuff they sell.

Case In point, would be Max Michel, in Open. Not a Sig....

That is one of Springfields old Hi Cap frames. They used Para looking mags. They came both cast and forged. I am sure that Rich ( RIIID) has worked on enough of them to tell the difference.

Rich is 100% right on this one. I had a couple of the Springfield highcap frames back in the day. Very similar to a Para frame and for the squared trigger guard, no one knows better than Rich. I have the Rich squared trigger guard on one of my singlestack frames.

The frame is Springfields wide body forged frame. It is a para clone that easily uses SVI triggers and mags. The trigger guard is a new piece welded in, Rob likes a squared trigger guard. The grips are just the factory plastic ones sanded down and textured. It looks like an old Kings ambi safety and a S&A mag well.

Rich

Thanks for that info Rich. I thought you may know. :)