Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2016 Area II Desert Classic, Mesa, Az

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From an email:

Attention Area II Competitor,

The 2016 Desert Classic Match sold out in the matter of 3 minutes and we have almost 200 on the wait list. Per the application, the last day to withdraw is January 20th with a $50 withdrawal fee. Due to the extensive waitlist, the Match Director has decided to extend the withdrawal period to January 31, 2016 and we will waive the withdrawal fee. There will not be any refunds beyond this time.

Note: Registered slots cannot be sold or transferred. It is not fair to those high enough on the waitlist to skip their opportunity should it be available.

Anyone wishing to withdrawal should contact me at Pistol-Stats@RSSCaz.com

Cheryl Carstensen
Rio Salado Practical Pistol Chief Stats Officer

Email: Pistol-Stats@RSSCAZ.com

Web: www.RSSCaz.com

I need a 139 people to withdraw.... I'm still weighing the idea of just showing up with cash and seeing what happens......

You should. And if you don't get in, you can paste targets and load mags for me.

Edited by d_striker

I need a 139 people to withdraw.... I'm still weighing the idea of just showing up with cash and seeing what happens......

You should. And if you don't get in, you can paste targets and load mags for me.

10 cents a bullet loaded and 20 cents per bullet hole taped. Say you shoot 350 rounds that's only $105 for a weekend caddy. Assuming I tape an equal number of holes relative to the amount you shoot in the match. 1:1

10 cents a bullet loaded and 20 cents per bullet hole taped. Say you shoot 350 rounds that's only $105 for a weekend caddy. Assuming I tape an equal number of holes relative to the amount you shoot in the match. 1:1

That sounds like a bargain, buddy.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I was doing some intel collection this morning and I found this while checking out the USPSA Self Squadding page:

2016 Area II Desert Classic

Start Date: Wednesday March 2, 2016

End Date: Sunday March 6, 2016

Self-Service Squadding Starts: Monday February 1, 2016

I have not seen a formal announcement anywhere but that is tomorrow. Stay alert!

Edited by ChuckS

Hi all,

I was doing some intel collection this morning and I found this while checking out the USPSA Self Squadding page:

I have not seen a formal announcement anywhere but that is tomorrow. Stay alert!

Got an email back from Cheryl, told me it wasn't going live till the 7th.

Hi all,

Thanks for the update!

Hi all,

Thanks for the update!

Thanks to both of you.

I'm beginning to think this match is all about surprises. So far I've got nothing but two messages; the confirmation email and another about match shirts. It sure would be nice to know when sqadding will start and maybe other info like where to ship my ammo.

this will be my first time shooting this... or really anything other than a local match... when will we have an idea of round count so we know how much ammo to bring? Figure prep 2x round count is what i have heard?

Edited by evilbeef54