Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2016 Area II Desert Classic, Mesa, Az

Everything seemed pretty straight forward, but don't miss a popper, hit a NS, or hard cover or your screwed. Have to wait to see how fast the movers are (don't blink).

Edited by pbc44

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another Desert Classic is in the books. I had a great time despite my poor performance. Weather cooperated nicely. Get home safely everyone. Thanks to the staff for their superb work.

Edited by Zoomy

After all of the moaning and groaning leading up to this match about communication etc. I would like to thank the organizers and staff for a great match. The stages were great and for my squad (squad 27) there were no delays and the RO's did a great job. I'll definitely want to shoot this one again.

Edited by HDGoose

Just for grins, after the match I ran my stage using a PCC... it was faster :devil:

Hey! No one told me there was going to be a post-match PCC match! :goof:

YUP. One stage - I won... the prize table was awesome :roflol:

Wasn't the prize being able to tear down the stage?

When are the stages torn down for this match? I would assume the day after? There is a mind boggling amount of props to be hauled and stored.

They get torn down right after the arbitration period ends. Everything is taken down by the RO's at each stage and sorted and stacked at the stage and then a carts with trailers come that taken specific items back to storage. Usually finished before awards. Edited by Zoomy

When are the stages torn down for this match? I would assume the day after? There is a mind boggling amount of props to be hauled and stored.

They get torn down right after the arbitration period ends. Everything is taken down by the RO's at each stage and sorted and stacked at the stage and then a carts with trailers come that taken specific items back to storage. Usually finished before awards.

Yep, I left range at 5pm and cruised by stages 3 & 4 and berms were bare. It was almost as sad as my performance. :blush:

Well A2 was my first major match. I came, I saw, I shot, I got clobbered. Just did not shoot well at all. Was mid pack in B's normally in the top 25%. Oh well. too many shots in the hardcover.

My best stage was chrono by far. I cleared the box, made weight, power factor was 129, and had a 4 fps spread from low to high on my velocity. All and all I call that a win.

Well A2 was my first major match. I came, I saw, I shot, I got clobbered. Just did not shoot well at all. Was mid pack in B's normally in the top 25%. Oh well. too many shots in the hardcover.

My best stage was chrono by far. I cleared the box, made weight, power factor was 129, and had a 4 fps spread from low to high on my velocity. All and all I call that a win.

I feel your pain. Worst match I've ever shot. Gun broke on 4th stage and wasn't the same after that. Still an excellent match and the R.O's were outstanding as always.

Question I have is where were all the venders this year ? Needed to purchase some stuff and didn't see hardly anyone there.