Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2016 Area II Desert Classic, Mesa, Az

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this will be my first time shooting this... or really anything other than a local match... when will we have an idea of round count so we know how much ammo to bring? Figure prep 2x round count is what i have heard?

I shot about 375 last year and there's one more stage this year than last year.

From an email:

---------------------------------------------------------------------

ALL SHOOTERS:

An email will be sent automatically on Monday, February 08, 2016 at 8 pm (Arizona-MST) when self-squadding opens. This will include a link to the USPSA website (we are not using Practiscore squadding) and your PIN number. On-Line squadding will be open until February 20, 2016 at 8pm.

To use the self-squadding site, you may use either the match-specific squadding “pin” number, your PIN from your Front Sight label, or personal password set in your USPSA profile to select your squad. In order for your PIN or personal profile password to work, you must be registered at USPSA.org with your correct and current USPSA member number.

Friday-Sunday Squads have been set to 12 per squad (No Exceptions). There will be no designated Super Squads.

STAFF:

Squads #40-48 will be designated for staff to be shot on Wed & Thur Mar 2-3. Squads have been set to 10 per squad (No Exceptions).

All competitors must shoot within their designated timeframes. This match is full so there will not be exceptions for shooting thru. If there is a group of shooters that you would like to shoot with, you can email the list to Cheryl at pistol-stats@rsscaz.com and she will do her best to accommodate. Please include the time you would like to start on Friday (7am or 12:20pm).

See you at the Classic!

Cheryl

well.... here is another suprise, at least for me...

just got an email from Cheryl and Icarus is making the match shirts so they will be in ASIAN sizing, so if you didnt know that you should probably update your sizing on the shirt

edit, disregard, Cheryl said that the link isnt for an "additional" of the same thing, it is if you want to order something different made by the company that made the staff shirts.... so that is slightly clearer.... but yes if you order from that link order asian size

Edited by evilbeef54

well.... here is another suprise, at least for me...

just got an email from Cheryl and Icarus is making the match shirts so they will be in ASIAN sizing, so if you didnt know that you should probably update your sizing on the shirt

So what's a US XL compare to then? 3x?

i normally wear an XL shirt, but with an icarus jersey i need a XXL if you click on the link in the email Cheryl sent it will have the link to icarus's site and sizing chart, but usually 1 size up from what you normally wear is fine. I am talking with Diana from Icarus right now and she confirmed that it is asian sizing, i am trying to confirm with Cheryl that the size we listed for in the match management link is for the same shirt as the link she sent, if so i am uping my size

ok... hold on... just got clarification from her... the email was just confusing... ops normal... the competitor shirts are not made by icarus, the email she sent wasnt for am "additional" of the same shirt, so no need to panic, just stay confused.... but yes if you do want to order from that link you do need to be aware that it is asian sizing

Edited by evilbeef54

The last email I got from a human was the one I posted in post 132. It indicated that squadding should open tonight (8Feb16) at 2000 MST. I have seen a post on FB that had a note from Paul Caudill's personal FB page that things are messed up and it will not open tonight. Sigh...

I will post anything new that I learn and ask others to do the same...

I really hope this match turns out good, it's been a nightmare so far even getting to this point for me.

And to answer above - they did use practiscore for sign ups and then switched to USPSA self squad.

So far it's been "computer errors" as the excuse, IMO it's likely more like "operator errors" ?

I really hope this match turns out good, it's been a nightmare so far even getting to this point for me.

And to answer above - they did use practiscore for sign ups and then switched to USPSA self squad.

So far it's been "computer errors" as the excuse, IMO it's likely more like "operator errors"

I attended my first Area 2 last year. It was my first major match and still the best ran match I have ever attended. And I shot Area 1 and the Revolver nationals last year, A1 was a level 3 club match at best, and the Revo Nats ran a strong second. I'm really trying to understand how it's been a nightmare for you. Did you get in?

So far it's been "computer errors" as the excuse, IMO it's likely more like "operator errors"

I attended my first Area 2 last year. It was my first major match and still the best ran match I have ever attended. And I shot Area 1 and the Revolver nationals last year, A1 was a level 3 club match at best, and the Revo Nats ran a strong second. I'm really trying to understand how it's been a nightmare for you. Did you get in?

Let me give you a rundown.

I registered, paid and got an email saying welcome to the match!

Cool, booked a hotel made travel plans.

2 weeks later I was looking at Credit Card statement - refund from the match - no email or communication, found it on accident.

Email MD and the roster lady - no replies for 4-5 days

Finally after scouring internet find out "practiscore" oversold match and I'm on a wait list - again no communication at all from the match itself

Finally get a reply - match was oversold, you are wait listed. Then instead of telling me my position on the wait list - I'm required to send an email (to the same email address my reply was from by the way) asking for my wait list number

To answer your question, yes I got in, and thank goodness my hotel wasn't keen on a refund for whatever reason.

Now the squadding issue which has been uncertain from the get go. No one knew when it was etc etc and all the sudden another "computer" error.

So as I said above, it's been a nightmare for me getting this planned and coordinated.

In retrospect, I've registered and squadded for the Area 3 match, MI sectionals, Rocky Mountain 300, and the Mile High Showdown which were all released after A2 and I haven't had a single issue.

Someone want to explain to me why they wouldn't just use something like practiscore?

Good question. From a data entry standpoint, it certainly would have been less work since they will be scoring the match with Practiscore.

The way this match has been handled so far it only makes sense that it wasn't done in the more simple way and better communication way of practiscore.

I am sure the match is amazing, and I am sure its probably just a misunderstanding that everything so far hasn't gone smoothly, but I am not the only person who is dissapointed in how this has been handled.

Its not so much that none of us knew whether we were in or out of the match after we had paid for hotels and the match, but the response after the payments were returned were automated.

Its what, 4 weeks out, and none of us know whether its Friday morning or afternoon that we have to shoot?

Wyatt