Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2016 Area II Desert Classic, Mesa, Az

It's the Mecca of USPSA. their prize table is awesome. They put on awesome stages (they have really fast swingers and Max traps). It's spread out to three days of shooting.

Most bang for your buck.

There's a reason it sells out faster than any other match.

I went last year and knew that area 2 was the only match I'll definitely do again. I could swap all the other major matches I did last year with different ones.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Says I got in with 7 spots left... Got 2 emails, thanks for paying, thanks for registering... No other emails, started clicking the links in the emails and it looks like I'm not approved now?

May get boned on a hotel and travel if I don't get approved. I assumed the thanks for registering email was confirmation I got in, guess not. And I'm not sure the spots left on the Reg page were accurate since apparantly I'm not in, or maybe I'm in, or who knows? (If I'm babbling that's the point, I haven't gotten and answer back on status yet from emails I have sent.)

Anyone else going through this?

Says I got in with 7 spots left... Got 2 emails, thanks for paying, thanks for registering... No other emails, started clicking the links in the emails and it looks like I'm not approved now?

May get boned on a hotel and travel if I don't get approved. I assumed the thanks for registering email was confirmation I got in, guess not. And I'm not sure the spots left on the Reg page were accurate since apparantly I'm not in, or maybe I'm in, or who knows? (If I'm babbling that's the point, I haven't gotten and answer back on status yet from emails I have sent.)

Just read back looks like a bunch of others are getting boned too.

Anyone want a discount hotel room if I don't get in??

yep, same story here, that is why this is such a poorly run sign up match.

If you got charged and have been getting emails, I wouldn't worry about it. Practiscore will say you're not approved until they set up squadding.

What time did you get your registration email on the 5th?

If you got charged and have been getting emails, I wouldn't worry about it. Practiscore will say you're not approved until they set up squadding.

What time did you get your registration email on the 5th?

I got refunded so from what others are saying, I'm likely screwed.

I got 2 emails, both at 8:05pm.

My whole issue is I haven't heard a peep that I was wait listed or missed out until I was making a CC payment and saw the refund.

I had to dig for information, I've emailed the match director and the chief stats officer and not heard anything back. I've seen where some people have gotten emails saying you are xxx number and have been wait listed, I've gotten nothing.

So not only do I get boned on the match, but since I hadn't heard anything that I hadn't made it in, I had booked hotel and travel to get there. The travel I can cancel but the hotel I can't. The communication on the parts of the people running this match is garbage. It may be a great match, but unfortunately I found out the area of weakness with this match the hard way.

From my registration it looked like I got in, if this WASNT the case I would have expected some form of communication saying "Hey, sorry Practiscore messed up and unfortunately" instead I got nothing.

Edited by Vanniek71

Ouch. Yeah, refund is not good. Bummer.

Seems like the cutoff was 8:03 for when people stopped getting in.

That's the other issue, I can't even find out where I am on the wait list because no one will answer me lol

I'd like to know if I can offer someone a nicely discounted hotel room for the weekend or if I should hang on to it if I'm close.

That's the other issue, I can't even find out where I am on the wait list because no one will answer me lol

I'd like to know if I can offer someone a nicely discounted hotel room for the weekend or if I should hang on to it if I'm close.

seems we had the same experience. this is one piss poor way to run a sign up. people have to make plans based on accurate information. instead of hanging out in "i don't know" land, i cancelled all my reservations. i did hear from them that i was 39th on wait list

seems we had the same experience. this is one piss poor way to run a sign up. people have to make plans based on accurate information. instead of hanging out in "i don't know" land, i cancelled all my reservations. i did hear from them that i was 39th on wait list

How long did it take to hear back on your wait list position? I still haven't heard anything.

Edited by Vanniek71

seems we had the same experience. this is one piss poor way to run a sign up. people have to make plans based on accurate information. instead of hanging out in "i don't know" land, i cancelled all my reservations. i did hear from them that i was 39th on wait list[/quote

How long did it take to hear back on your wait list position? I still haven't heard anything.

3 days, that was after i sent a 2nd request. it is unfair for them to expect people to make plans with inaccurate info. based on the emails i got and that they charged my CC, i, like you, thought i was in. i think they should go to a lottery system; that way everyone starts on an even level.

3 days, that was after i sent a 2nd request. it is unfair for them to expect people to make plans with inaccurate info. based on the emails i got and that they charged my CC, i, like you, thought i was in. i think they should go to a lottery system; that way everyone starts on an even level.

I agree, or sack up and add 2-3 squads to allow the people that got screwed in to the match. Logistically it wouldn't be that bad and it would go a long way in the shooting community

Edited by Vanniek71

How would a lottery system be more "fair"?

I had December 5th marked on my calendar months ago and I made sure I was at the computer ready to go 3 hours before registration opened. I got my registration email at 8:01.

Simply put, everyone that registered before 8:03 wanted to get in the match more than you did. Seems fair to me. I do agree that they could a MUCH better job conveying who got in, who didn't, and waitlist placement

I did the same thing you did, Practiscore actually errored when I entered payment and I had to do it all over again. Maybe if that didn't happen I would have gotten the 8:01 email too, I was spamming the register button at 7:59 lol.

All I'm saying is fire up a few more squads, add as many as you can that registered before 8:05 and show you actually care. In the grand scheme of things 60 shooters may add a bit more time overall but it would speak volumes to the shooting community.

Or if that's not an option at least email everyone that didn't get in and let them know where they stand instead of making them do an hour of Google fu to find out what's going on

I did the same thing you did, Practiscore actually errored when I entered payment and I had to do it all over again. Maybe if that didn't happen I would have gotten the 8:01 email too, I was spamming the register button at 7:59 lol.

All I'm saying is fire up a few more squads, add as many as you can that registered before 8:05 and show you actually care. In the grand scheme of things 60 shooters may add a bit more time overall but it would speak volumes to the shooting community.

Or if that's not an option at least email everyone that didn't get in and let them know where they stand instead of making them do an hour of Google fu to find out what's going on

Bummer....Sounds like an Alpha, Mike, No Shoot.

Sorry, I should not post on enos when I've been drinking...

Hey if you can't have fun....

All I'm saying is it looks like some were notified... Others not so much

d31ae154ff8cdfa9ae52762c15e9ce2c.jpg

Posted drunk before 11am.

It'd be one thing to start drinking at that time. But to be drunk..... Haha

Posted drunk before 11am.

It'd be one thing to start drinking at that time. But to be drunk..... Haha

Not drunk. yet.

It's Christmas. Why aren't you drinking yet?

I just received an email about being on the wait list. At least now I know my status. Didn't expect anyone to be working on notifications on Christmas so thank you for taking the time to let people know.

I just received an email about being on the wait list. At least now I know my status. Didn't expect anyone to be working on notifications on Christmas so thank you for taking the time to let people know.

Email today said I am #58 on the wait list.