Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2016 Area II Desert Classic, Mesa, Az

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need ask, if CO goes forward will it be offered?

Will you be here?

If I'm not working I'll likely shoot it, the wife too, so there will be at least 2 shooting CO Edited by zhunter

• 3 months later...

Time to pull this one up from the depths I think-

2016 Area II Desert Classic Registration

Registration will open December 5th at 8:00pm Arizona Time. The link to register is https://practiscore.com/2016-area-2-desert-classic/register Match Fee of $265.00 is required to register. No refunds after January 20, 2016 (refunds will have a $50 fee)

There will be a waitlist. Once the match is full, registration will automatically close. Cheryl will then do her magic and the waitlist option will be available within a few minutes. At that point, you will be able to get on the waitlist without forcing payment. Once an opening is available, Cheryl will send you an email with the link to pay (you will have one day or it will go to the next person in line).

STAFF – Do not register. Emails with applications will be sent on December 20th.

JUNIORS – Do Not Register. Send an email to Pistol-Stats@RSSCaz.com to register. The website does not allow the discounted rate.

SPONSORED SHOOTERS – Do Not Register. Please work with John Lamarca (lamarca1@cox.net) to get your registration info.

For More Info, please see the Desert Classic Website http://www.riosaladodesertclassic.com/

Who all will be in?

Provisional for Level I only, no II or III.

It is being offered at some Level 2 matches currently

This match will take place following the January in person BoD meeting and I am hoping it will officially be made available for Level 2 and 3 matches.

Unless 2016 Carry Optics Nationals is going to be a level 1 match, I'm pretty sure the above will be approved.

Edited to Add: looking at the registration page, Carry Optics IS being offered

Edited by zhunter

Yep says it right on the reg page on pscore. CO, and level 3 match.

USPSA level III match, with the following divisions:
Limited, Limited 10, Open, Production, Revolver, Single Stack, Carry Optics

Price: $265

Don't get too spun up. I did some checking with Pete and he says that you can change divisions "up until the match starts" so the fact that Rio decided to include it in the registration does not absolutely mean it will be recognized. That has to come from HQ. Seems most likely but if it is a deal breaker, you may want to consider the possibility.