Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2016 Area II Desert Classic, Mesa, Az

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like Area 2 is simply letting everything go to hell. for Desert Classic II.

I think this pretty much sums it up. No one has ever answered the question about why this match was moved from November after 25 years. Factions. Shooters influence. Will be remembered as one of the great matches of IPSC.

Match sells out in two minutes. Match going to hell.

Hopefully next year far fewer out of state shooters will attempt to register and more local shooters will be able to actually shoot a major match at our home range. This might help with the admin issues too.

Feel free to drop out if you don't like how it's being run.

Hopefully next year far fewer out of state shooters will attempt to register and more local shooters will be able to actually shoot a major match at our home range. This might help with the admin issues too.

it's an Area 2 Championship, not a Rio Salado Championship! If any limits should be put on, limit it to Area 2 first like Area 1 has done is the past. Feel free to work the match if you want a sure thing...

Then you can call it the Arizona Sectional. or the Mesa Big Local. Area 2 is like humungous, dude.

I wonder how many people with issues have ever tried to run s level II match.

Not just showed up, setup a stage or two and RO'd.

Give the VOLUNTEERS some slack.

My only issue is the lack of communication - I have been a MD for 3 years now and there is one thing I always do, and that's make sure I communicate.

Most people don't care if there is an issue and they know about it, when you are left in the dark it gets frustrating.

If I got an email explaining why I was refunded and was wait listed (which I'll admit some people got those emails, I for some reason didn't and had to search for why) then I would have a WAY different feeling about this match.

At the end of the day it is what it is, shit happens and we all need to move on. But we spent the $$ so we can whine a little bit......

Edited by Vanniek71

Ahh a white knight!

I'm out of state, but like others have said this is an Area match not a state match.

Ahh a white knight!

I'm out of state, but like others have said this is an Area match not a state match.

Yeah. I'm Area 2 in Colorado. It'll be bad taste to have locals get priority. I've heard when it was a mail in entry the locals always happened to get pick from the random draws when entries came in so... This is fair. First come first serve.

Yea. Communication is horrible. But I'm hoping they send stuff out last minute in hopes of resolving it and having it not be an issue? The refund thing was pretty bad from what I hear though.

Ahh a white knight!

Yeah. I'm Area 2 in Colorado. It'll be bad taste to have locals get priority. I've heard when it was a mail in entry the locals always happened to get pick from the random draws when entries came in so... This is fair. First come first serve.

Yea. Communication is horrible. But I'm hoping they send stuff out last minute in hopes of resolving it and having it not be an issue? The refund thing was pretty bad from what I hear though.

I'm in CO too, and I agree. I got through the wait list and am in now, so just going forward with a positive outlook and gonna do my best!

I'm sure once we all get out there the match will be fine

All of this bitterness could be mitigated if they simply sent out more frequent e-mail updates to all competitors BEFORE deadlines are past. Putting a post on a Facebook page isn't a viable option either in my book. They have all of our contact information (e-mail, Phone, mailing address, etc), why they choose to not use it is beyond my comprehension.

All of this bitterness could be mitigated if they simply sent out more frequent e-mail updates to all competitors BEFORE deadlines are past. Putting a post on a Facebook page isn't a viable option either in my book. They have all of our contact information (e-mail, Phone, mailing address, etc), why they choose to not use it is beyond my comprehension.

That is my exact thoughts on this entire process.

ALL I or anyone I know who is going wants is some communication regarding squadding, payment, registration, shirts, anything.

This is the only issue, some people received emails from the staff with instructions to ignore the USPSA emails. I did not, I only got 3 from USPSA. The Match web page has had nothing posted since 24 Aug 2015. ONLY posting information to facebook under the asumption that EVERYONE will see it is just wrong.

This is the only issue, some people received emails from the staff with instructions to ignore the USPSA emails. I did not, I only got 3 from USPSA. The Match web page has had nothing posted since 24 Aug 2015. ONLY posting information to facebook under the asumption that EVERYONE will see it is just wrong.

Yep same here, luckily I have friends who are on top of it, they have been sending me updates LOL

I don't do no stinking FaceBook

Yep same here, luckily I have friends who are on top of it, they have been sending me updates LOL

Edited by pbc44