Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

If you were going to buy a TS in .40 which would you choose.

magpulled

I'm in the market for a limited gun but in not sure which would be a better choice. I've found a TS with 3 mags for 1200ish and then czc offers the cts for double the money. I just don't know if czc's is worth double the money. What yall think?

If the price difference is not a big deal or you have small hands and don't like to work on your guns get the cts.

A stock ts with 3 mags for 1200 is high though should be able to get one closer to 1000

Cts has

Grip size reduction

Dust cover cut shorter

adjustable rear sight.

Fiber optic front sight

flat aluminum Trigger

wide right safety.

aluminum grip tape grips.

New Magwell

stainless steel guide rod.

competition hammer.

Don't see any that low right now I know I did a while ago. A few for $1100 now on gunbroker

Edited by Garmil

I have a CTS in 9 (with the ace bushing) that I use for 3gun and a TS in .40 that I use in USPSA Limited. They are both excellent. Triggers are very similar. Sigh picture is very similar. The controls on the CTS are slightly easier to reach (I have thin aluminum grips on both). Finish is better on the CTS.

Don't rule out a Stock III in .40 - that's my back up gun. MUCH thinner than the TS. It holds one less round after you put extended base pads on both guns.

Lots of TS on gunbroker recently for around $1100. Fantastic value for the price. I have a TS 40 and shot it totally stock for about a year. Over time I added a FO front sight, magwell, thin AL grips, stainless guide rod and CZC extended mag bases. Also have a 9mm top end for 3gun and steel.

To make a truck analogy, the stock TS is like your basic Ford XLT model. The CTS is the Platinum package, all the extras come already installed.

Kinda depends on the type of person you are. The fundamental question is if you are the type to leave it stock. Almost to a person everyone I have seen in this sport ends up hotrodding their entry level choices which ends up costing them more than if they had just purchased the platinum edition in the first place. I will say that the difference in how the grips feel between the stock TS and CTS is dramatic to me. The cutdown grip makes this the best feeling pistol I have ever handled. The stock one felt, well kind of like a brick and I have pretty big hands.

I also consider the price of a pistol to be one of the lesser expenses in this sport. If/when you sell it you get the depreciated value back so you will make up some of the difference in cost between entry and platinum. We spend way more money on ammo, entry fees, travel costs and those are non-recoverable costs. Just my opinion.

Cts has

Grip size reduction

Dust cover cut shorter

adjustable rear sight.

Fiber optic front sight

flat aluminum Trigger

wide right safety.

New Magwell

competition hammer.

Don't see any that low right now I know I did a while ago. A few for $1100 now on gunbroker

Also extended basepads, spring and follower kits.

We also replace the slide with an oversize slide that is fitted to the frame. So slide to frame fit is much tighter than factory TS

Cts has

Grip size reduction

Dust cover cut shorter

adjustable rear sight.

Fiber optic front sight

flat aluminum Trigger

wide right safety.

New Magwell

competition hammer.

Also extended basepads, spring and follower kits.

We also replace the slide with an oversize slide that is fitted to the frame. So slide to frame fit is much tighter than factory TS

If that's the case then your website needs some work.

The cz custom website shows the accu bushing as a $350.00 add on. And says nothing about basepads/springs/followers says 17rd mags.

Does anyone know if you can run the TS with a wide safety on the left side and a narrow on the right? Or possibly run one with only a wide safety on the left side?

I have a high grip with large hands and the ones that I have held the right side safety seems really awkward to me

It is exactly how I have mine, narrow on the left and wide on the right. Lefty here.

Does anyone know if you can run the TS with a wide safety on the left side and a narrow on the right? Or possibly run one with only a wide safety on the left side?

I have a high grip with large hands and the ones that I have held the right side safety seems really awkward to me

I have shoot both. The only thing I didn't like on the CTS is cutting down the dust cover. The recoil was very noticeable on the CTS. The factory full length dust cover felt recoil was about half as the CTS. Seemed slightly more than my SP-01 shooting 130-135PF 9mm. I also like the full frame profile of the factory. I imagine CZC could build a CTS to you exact preferences that could be higher or lower in cost.

If I built a CTS

I would do everything on the standard CTS minus the frame reduction, dust cover cut down. I would keep the standard fixed sight, go with concealed hammer and rubber grips(not sure if they fit the TS). I would also get a Tungsten guide rod. Not sure if the guy who makes one for the SP-01 has for the TS.

Any plans to shoot IPSC? The CZUB and one of the CZC magwells will fit the standard box (supposedly, I don't know this for a fact). I have the large one from CZC, but would probably get the smaller one from CZC if they'd had it when I bought mine. It seems to be just as a wide and I think it looks more proportional.

You'll have to trim grips that aren't made specific for a TS of CM if you are using a magwell. About 1/4" for the CZC magwells, a little more for the CZUB. After trimming they'll still work on your 75/SP01. A little a of the frame will show.