Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

So I shot a Infinity yesterday....

triggerman300

As the title says I had the opportunity to shoot a Infinity pistol yesterday for the first time. It was a 5.4" sight tracker in 9mm...I'm pretty sure it ruined me for life. I don't have a lot of 1911/2011 experience and I've only shot one other 2011 but this Infinity was amazing! I'm not sure what value this post contains but I just needed to vent to some fellow shooters...I am still in awe of how amazing that pistol was. I consider myself a pretty decent pistol shooter (Only shoot 3-gun these days but I'm guessing I'm a solid A class shooter) and I swear I instantly improved shooting that stupid gun. My 3-gun pistol is a 5" M&P with every modification imaginable and it's not even worth mentioning in the same sentence as an Infinity. If you've never had the opportunity to handle or shoot one I HIGHLY recommend you take the chance if it ever presents itself...but beware, you may never be content with your current pistol again. So my question to all the 2011 guys is this: Do other custom builders compare to Infinity or should I just bite the bullet and buy the best?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As the title says I had the opportunity to shoot a Infinity pistol yesterday for the first time. It was a 5.4" sight tracker in 9mm...I'm pretty sure it ruined me for life. I don't have a lot of 1911/2011 experience and I've only shot one other 2011 but this Infinity was amazing! I'm not sure what value this post contains but I just needed to vent to some fellow shooters...I am still in awe of how amazing that pistol was. I consider myself a pretty decent pistol shooter (Only shoot 3-gun these days but I'm guessing I'm a solid A class shooter) and I swear I instantly improved shooting that stupid gun. My 3-gun pistol is a 5" M&P with every modification imaginable and it's not even worth mentioning in the same sentence as an Infinity. If you've never had the opportunity to handle or shoot one I HIGHLY recommend you take the chance if it ever presents itself...but beware, you may never be content with your current pistol again. So my question to all the 2011 guys is this: Do other custom builders compare to Infinity or should I just bite the bullet and buy the best?

Bite the bullet and get the build started.....the longer you wait, the more people get in front of you in the build process. I was in your shoes about 8 years ago.....true love!

I've been holding off shooting an Infinity. I have 2 STI 2011s, a .40 & a 9mm. I do fine and am happy, and fearful that if I were to shoot an Infinity that I'd be tempted to sell both to buy just one Infinity! Lol.

If I picked up a gun that felt that good, I'd mostly likely try to get the exact same setup and wouldn't look back. Luckily for me and my bank account, I haven't held a custom infinity just yet.

Just picked up my second Infinty and now my STI Apiero feels like a toy, still love it but its just such a different feeling.

What grips do you have on your Infinity(s)?

Is that the largest difference to the Apeiro?

I went from the new SIG X5 to the Apiero , it was for me night and day. The STI just felt so much more comfortable for me. The SVI is just so solid and I love the extra weight in my hand. I understand we are not comparing like for like and I still love my Apiero and wish I had more time to shoot.

The Infinity grip is very aggressive and it may not be to all tastes.

These guns remind me of shopping for cars - when you shut the door on some it is just another sound/feeling when compared to others.

Am going to order the new DVC when it hits Spain so my love for STI is still there!

C'mon in, the water is warm and those sharks you see are just trying to be friendly............drink the Kool-Aid and have some of the brownies..........

In other words......yeah, your warped for life now just like the rest of us. So get your gunbuilder done and submitted, send in the deposit and wait for your new masterpiece to arrive while holding your breath and acting like a 5 year old on Christmas morning.

At least that is how I do it......and so do many others.

You work hard for your $ and you work hard at your shooting skills. Might as well get the pistol that you really want. That way you don't lose focus or desire and continue to train with it because it's a sexy beast and you enjoy shooting it. Life is way too short to be shooting ugly guns. And all of the cool kids are getting them these days...........

Just saying..........

Roy Neal

Team SV Infinity

If you have questions, one of the easiest things to do is ask one of the Team members that are on here..............we really will help you. Just be careful of Trace.......he'll get you on the one gun a month order routine that is hard to break.........

If you have questions, one of the easiest things to do is ask one of the Team members that are on here..............we really will help you. Just be careful of Trace.......he'll get you on the one gun a month order routine that is hard to break.........

This forum really needs a "LIKE" button!

Well, Roy has more SVs than I do expecially since I decided not to shoot Open. They are great gun. My Limited gun has over 80,000 and still is gnats ass accurate on the same trigger job.

Hell, I have a .22 TS upper on a dedicated SV frame--now that is sick. :surprise:

Just a quick story: I was at the range with a fellow shooter. She had a 1911 - other brand. We were at 54 yards ( she is an anal precision rifle shooter) and shooting steel that was larger than the A zone but smaller than the A/C zone. Her groups were all over the place with multiple misses. She shot my SV. 10 shots the size of plam of your hand.

Now I am not saying a SV will make you a great shooter but having top of the line equipment, properly tuned is a HUGE benefit. For her, changing to superior equipment produced a noticable improvement.

OH, I am not a SV Team Memember but I spent my daughgter's tittution money on my guns.

Buy once and you will never have to upgrade it.

Edited by pjb45

I would have never considered spending 4-5k on a pistol until now. I'm not in a position where I can order one right now but the "dream gun fund" has already been started. Are Infinity's picky with magazines like other 2011's?

I would have never considered spending 4-5k on a pistol until now. I'm not in a position where I can order one right now but the "dream gun fund" has already been started. Are Infinity's picky with magazines like other 2011's?

All 1911s require good magazines to function. Wide body Infinity pistols will run better with factory Infinity tubes which are designed for their magazine catch. Will they run with other mags, IDK, probably. But why buy a Ferrari and put regular unleaded in it. Stick with Infinity mags and you will be good to go.

I've had 2 infinity limited guns. 1 sight tracker and 1 ultimatch barreled gun. Both were incredible, and definitely spoiled me. My qualm:

It's not the money as much as it is the wait. I payed just as much, if not more for my Salient (CA) limited gun, but it was finished and sent to APW 9 days after dropping off the deposit. 6 weekdays of build time. Now that I'm back in to shooting sports, I'll probably drop a deposit on a new SV for a backup this month, and start the 15 month wait to get it before my birthday.

Landon, it was amazing to watch you shoot that Infinity. You were a machine. I only wish I could shoot it the way you did. It is certainly a lot of money but I do not regret it.