Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

So I shot a Infinity yesterday....

triggerman300

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can hardly wait for mine. Should be soon... I'd have already ordered another, but SVI doesn't seem to go as 'fat free' or skeletonized as other builders. Even my little compact carry will weigh around 40 oz! Don't care for aluminum, personally. Worried about if the grip will be too big as well.

Really want a competition and a larger gun from them. Three should be a good number, and then of course spares... it adds up. :)

three is the perfect number for me. Two 5.4 for Limited and one single stack carry gun. Any more than that isn't green and is wasteful! :-)

Didn't you ditch the single stack for a glock? o.o

Depends on what you mean. Am I carrying a Glock at work most of the time, yes. I still have the single stack and carry it at work when I need to look extra Rangerly......

Haven't prices more than doubled in the last decade or so? I thought a base gun used to be (in the Sandy days) 2k or less, now it's 3,800 (BARE MINIMUM, not even sure how you'd get that low).

The steel grips caused the price to go up substantially around 2008 or so. I think you can still get into a blued, carbon steel gun (with a minimum of extra cuts) for $3750ish.

Can hardly wait for mine. Should be soon... I'd have already ordered another, but SVI doesn't seem to go as 'fat free' or skeletonized as other builders. Even my little compact carry will weigh around 40 oz! Don't care for aluminum, personally. Worried about if the grip will be too big as well.

Really want a competition and a larger gun from them. Three should be a good number, and then of course spares... it adds up. :)

three is the perfect number for me. Two 5.4 for Limited and one single stack carry gun. Any more than that isn't green and is wasteful! :-)

Didn't you ditch the single stack for a glock? o.o

Depends on what you mean. Am I carrying a Glock at work most of the time, yes. I still have the single stack and carry it at work when I need to look extra Rangerly......
Lol! Your Rangery SS and wide body grips are freakin' awesome! I'm gonna have to order something similar in the future. I don't even shoot USPSA open but I'm gonna have to order a gun for it because I'm out of calibers. Edited by Jesse Tischauser

Jesse,

An SV IMM makes anyone look good.....( didn't say shoot good...that is up to you....).......so yes, you should order one............Just saying.....that way you can have one for everything. Told you to stay away from Trace as he will get you on the order one a month gun program.

At that point, just start sending SV $$ monthly just because. That way you will have a credit balance....

Same thing happened to me last year. My first three handgun purchases were all 1911s (springfield, kimber and dan wesson) and I've shot them plenty. Then I shot a buddies' Infinity sight tracker .40. Finest gun I have ever held/fired. I instantly lost interest in my 1911s, they don't even compare. Unfortunately I can't afford one, but one day I'll have one. The good news is that I shoot glocks in uspsa/3 gun and I'm content with that until I can spring for an SVI.

Same thing happened to me last year. My first three handgun purchases were all 1911s (springfield, kimber and dan wesson) and I've shot them plenty. Then I shot a buddies' Infinity sight tracker .40. Finest gun I have ever held/fired. I instantly lost interest in my 1911s, they don't even compare. Unfortunately I can't afford one, but one day I'll have one. The good news is that I shoot glocks in uspsa/3 gun and I'm content with that until I can spring for an SVI.

Nothing wrong with shooting Glocks!!

Wow. Those are really pretty. I don't even want to handle one. I just got the 1911 bug and now my plastic guns feel like toys. i don't want my Dan Wesson to feel like a toy... the wife would divorce me...

• 2 weeks later...

This thread is going to end up costing me a lot of money

you think? I already have the specs for what I want. It's just a matter of time before I drop the deposit on one down which will be in about 3 months :D

• 1 month later...