Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

how heavy is your 2011 trigger?

Sandbagger123

Just under 2 lbs for my match pistols.

I don't think light trigger pull weight is the primary contributor to premature break(ad) more so it is either being unfamiliar or out of practice or for me the biggest thing is if I shoot a heavier trigger 1911 a bunch then head to the match with a light pull match gun I usually get a great "draw time"on my first target?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think light trigger pull weight is the primary contributor to premature break(ad) more so it is either being unfamiliar or out of practice or for me the biggest thing is if I shoot a heavier trigger 1911 a bunch then head to the match with a light pull match gun I usually get a great "draw time"on my first target?

Let me guess, it may or may not resemble Taran Butler shooting from the hip?

Let me guess, it may or may not resemble Taran Butler shooting from the hip?

Probably?

I havnt shot with mr. Butler but his results are probably better than mine!

Kind of like back in the cowboy fast draw competition days. But those were wax bullets so putting one into your foot wasn't so bad!

• 2 weeks later...