Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which low pro adj gas block are you using?

GreenDragon64

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a Gen I Syrac, great performer till it locked up. I made multiple attempts (more than 5X) to contact them via phone and email and never received any reply at all. First thought was to pitch it in the trash and chalk it up to experience, instead it still sets on my bench as a reminder of how poor customer service can be.

Hey Guys,

I'm interested in the SLR Sentry 7 clamp-on gas block, .750". Which one did you get? The regular steel melonite or the stainless steel version? Weight at SRL's website states both are 1.3 ounces. I'm looking for a gas block for a lightweight rifle build.

Regular Steel

http://slrrifleworks.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=57&product_id=123

Stainless Steel

http://slrrifleworks.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=57&product_id=385

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Reading all this I'd like to buy one, but Looking for a low maintenance easiest to clean adjustable gas block. Calling JP, The carbon will build up on adjustable gas block screw it (needs to be cleaned). It seems that allot of the screws used to adjust the gas wind up locked in position with carbon. Is there one, and wouldn't adding a detent for positive click adjustment even be more maintenance

I'm running a Seekins adjustable and it fits just fine under my AP Customs carbon fiber 15" tube

Yup, that's what I've got goin right now. So far after a few hundred rounds it has not given me any problems. Recoil has been greatly reduced with a lightweight Voodoo bcg and empty buffer, next up is a SJC Titan :devil:

Seems that SLR Sentry is pretty popular here and it is also the GB to be in my current build :)

Has anyone installed the SLR Sentry 7 Clamp-On model under slim freefloat rails?

Mine will be installed under the slim Leapers UTG Pro Keymod float (1.3" ID) and if I measured correctly, there is at least 1mm clearance..

Final verdict will be concluded after I can see how much (if any) the float bend, but I don't yet have the receivers to attach the barrel and float.

For the interested: I have some hi-res pictures of the SLR Sentry 7 on our IPSC team site: http://special.squad.fi/slr-sentry7/

I ordered the Colt Competition adjustable from Brownells. I haven't decided on the handguard for this build, though. The Colt looks a bit large for fitting under a slim hg like the Troy, which I'm partial to. Anyone have any ideas in this regard?