Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sear help on Stock 3

AlphaSeeker

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sent David a note as well.

Just starting work on my Stock III. Would love to go with that Cajun disconnnector. But would really like it if I don't have to mess with the modifications. Call me lazy.

i spoke to CGW and asked that they produce a model with a pin hole on .105 . Nothing else needs to be done. If they want to make a drop-in for the OEM 2 piece sear, then they would have to thin the wing. For the one pice sear, no other mods required.

Received my T3 disco in todays mail. Took about an hour to fit. I realized if you use a one piece sear, you dont need to remove any material from the top of the wing.

Here's my youtube video of before and after.

What did you do to enlarge the hole? Is that all it take? Is there any drag from the disconnector to the gun

i spoke to CGW and asked that they produce a model with a pin hole on .105 . Nothing else needs to be done. If they want to make a drop-in for the OEM 2 piece sear, then they would have to thin the wing. For the one pice sear, no other mods required.

I'd buy one

I needed to thin the underside of the wing for disengagement from the TB.

I used the same dremel bits Adam did to enlarge the hole. But in addition to his bits, I uses a diamond bit I already owned that measured .103. It's like it was made for this job.

I just fitted 4 of these, 2 on stock 2's and 2 on stock 3's, the only thing I had to do was open up the pin hole and take a small amount off the leg, see attached pic. I highly recommend doing this, it makes quite a difference.

I'll apologize upfront if I seem dense on this.

But I'm still trying to figure out exactly which surfaces of the T3 disco need work.

I see Adam's photo (attached here again) showing the surface to remove material from.

But then I also see posts from others talking about working on wings, faces and legs.

I'm sure this will make more sense once I tear the gun down and start reassembly with new parts.

But I'm trying to get a clearer understanding about which areas of the T3 disco will need modification to install in a Stock III with a once-piece sear.

What I think I know:

1. The pin hole needs to be enlarged

2. The leg surface, as shown in this photo, needs work.

If there's anything else, it would be so helpful (and I realize I'm asking a lot) to see a photo with arrows pointing to the area that needs work.

post-34791-0-48104100-1428531229_thumb.j

I struggled with this myself before I started to work on mine, I ended up ruining one disco before I successfully fit the other 4. The only material you need to remove is the area the arrow is pointing to in the picture. If there is too much material on there the trigger will not be allowed to reset thus the need to remove some of the material.

This image helped me imensly

post-5270-0-64298800-1428533747_thumb.jp

I struggled with this myself before I started to work on mine, I ended up ruining one disco before I successfully fit the other 4. The only material you need to remove is the area the arrow is pointing to in the picture. If there is too much material on there the trigger will not be allowed to reset thus the need to remove some of the material.

That is quite the helpful picture.

I know this sounds backwards but I remove material off the trigger bar (the area where the disconnector rides in) instead of the disconnector itself on the CZ75.

I have found it was easier to remove metal and polish afterwards. Plus the CZ75 trigger bar is cheaper than the disco.

Edited by himurax13

It must be different for everyone. I never had to touch that part, the trigger would reset fine, but the hammer wouldn't drop in DA.

Thanks dude.

I didn't need to touch the backside of the vertical hook. All I did was open up the pin hole, then file down the bottom side of the wing. This was to allow disengagement from the trigger bar. I took a little material off at a time and installed everything to check for fit.

FYI, I just heard back from David at CGW about my request for a Tanfoglio specific disco, and this was his response:

"This will take some months, I do not currently know or have the exact dimensions we need."

I guess Tanfo disco's are not a big enough market. I told him that the only thing needed was a larger hole.

They could actually use a much larger hole and provide a bushing to allow use on CZ and Tanfo. Would not have to make different versions.

I have a set similar to this.

http://www.micromark.com/20-piece-Diamond-Coated-Micro-Burr-Set-1and8-Inch-Shank,7593.html?sc=WGB&utm_source=GoogleBase&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=GoogleBase&gclid=CMuWh_DK6cQCFYw8gQodcVUA7w

Adam recommended theses.

http://www.dremel.com/en-us/Accessories/Pages/ProductDetail.aspx?pid=9910

http://www.dremel.com/en-us/Accessories/Pages/ProductDetail.aspx?pid=7144

I used them to get the hole started, but they only opened the hole to .098. Too tight for the roll pin. There was a bit in the set I have that measured .102.

Again, I'm not sure if the set I have is the same as above. The bits look similar, but my kit is old that I got from my dad.

It must be different for everyone. I never had to touch that part, the trigger would reset fine, but the hammer wouldn't drop in DA.

After reading this entire thread, Im thinking there is a different process and not just one.

You have the one piece sear vs the two piece. What about the three different hammers? Is that affecting the required material removed?

You're probably right. I do want to try it again now with my backup gun now that I have a better idea of the process, but in reality, I'm not sure the 2mm or less of reduced pretravel is really worth anything on the clock

I think I lucked out. I had an extra 1 piece sear i just installed. Waiting for Robertlx to confirm but I may just have to enlarge the hole, and remove material from the bottom of the wing. From looking at his trigger pull vid I think its worth it.

You're probably right. I do want to try it again now with my backup gun now that I have a better idea of the process, but in reality, I'm not sure the 2mm or less of reduced pretravel is really worth anything on the clock

I replaced the sear on my back-up gun that had the T3 and it is not dropping on DA too. I may get in there and tune that again. But for about a year of having a T3 installed in my gun, in terms of difference on the clock, not worth all the work it needs to run.