Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sear help on Stock 3

AlphaSeeker

I realize that there is a small amount of work to fit the T3 to the tanfos and when the clock is running you wont notice it but why not take advantage of this due to the low cost, easy of installation and reduced take up? I for one am happy I did it to my guns and I helped a friend install it in his gun and he couldn't be happier.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some reason I like the idea of a drill bit better than the diamond grinding tips that seem like it would leave the whole rough and out of round.

I found two closer options, will either of these work?:

0.1040" - http://www.grainger.com/product/MONSTER-Jobber-Drill-Bit-36XH96?nls=1&searchQuery=36XH96

0.1060" - http://www.grainger.com/product/MONSTER-Jobber-Drill-Bit-36XH99?nls=1&searchQuery=36XH99

Both are carbide with a TiAlN coating and about $15

Or am I over thinking this....

You're probably right. I do want to try it again now with my backup gun now that I have a better idea of the process, but in reality, I'm not sure the 2mm or less of reduced pretravel is really worth anything on the clock

I tend to agree with you. I haven't put a CGW in any of mine but looking at the vids it looks like it would definitely make the trigger in my Tanfos better. Last year if I would have spent the same amount of time practicing that I did chasing a lighter or better trigger through all the little tweaking here and there I'd prolly be much better. Again by no means am I saying that the CGW not worth the time and money, I just realized that learning to shoot better with what I have would have been better time spent. But with that said I gotta start a trigger job and upgrades all over again with a Stock III coming, lol:-)

For me I can't put a value on the tinkering aspect. I tend to complain about the lack of parts/resources for Tangs in comparison to STI, but it has forced me to whiskey gunsmith this format. I love the time spent on the bench and just wish I was better at it. It's that same fulfilling feeling I get from making my own ammo. There are great companies out there like CGW that can a much better job but there's something to be said about creating your own.

On that note. The ENOS Tang forum is gold. You guys are great. :cheers:

How I feel after some gun mods.....

cast-away-pic5.jpg

Edited by praetorian97

When on the timer, this mod will do nothing for you. It didn't decrease my SA pull weight either. In fact, when I was done, it increased the pull weight by 2oz. I also installed the CGW trs at the same time, so I can't be sure which part is actually to blame for the increase.

I did the mod for the hell of it. I thought it would be cool to try. Since I'm bringing it to my first match with it Sunday, everyone there will be fondling it. They will be judging it by the trigger feel and pull weight.

For me I can't put a value on the tinkering aspect. I tend to complain about the lack of parts/resources for Tangs in comparison to STI, but it has forced me to whiskey gunsmith this format. I love the time spent on the bench and just wish I was better at it. It's that same fulfilling feeling I get from making my own ammo. There are great companies out there like CGW that can a much better job but there's something to be said about creating your own.

On that note. The ENOS Tang forum is gold. You guys are great. :cheers:

How I feel after some gun mods.....

cast-away-pic5.jpg

Yes, the Tanfo forum is the best their is and the amount of knowledge on here is gargantuan. I just myself came to the conclusion after talking with a GM that what could I accomplish live fire practice in the combined hours spent taking my gun apart, changing this, taking that out, putting this in, etc and for a few ounces on trigger. Now of course shooting one of these bone stock would be hard to do and to get full potential out of the gun it needs some TLC.

Hell, now I'm wanting a CGW disco since both weekend matches of mine look to be getting rained out, lol. Always dry-fire and reloading to do though.

Was that after just dropping in the T3? No other fitting than the pin hole?

Buahahahahha! Oh there was fitting. It was easy enough a novice could do though. Im going to rewrite my Stock III Upgrade in Process thread with details. Right now its range time to see how she functions first.