Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sear help on Stock 3

AlphaSeeker

You should do the fitting on the sear so if you decide to switch hammers or sears later then you can fit the new sear to your gun. If the cam on the safety is fit then your gun could fire on safe if a different sear is installed and the sear has a thinner or shorter leg. For example if you fit the cam on the safety for an EGW sear on a Xtreme hammer (that is the worst combo for this), then going back to a stock hammer and sear would probably make your safety useless, then you have to buy a $130 safety.. :)

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...

I just fitted 4 of these, 2 on stock 2's and 2 on stock 3's, the only thing I had to do was open up the pin hole and take a small amount off the leg, see attached pic. I highly recommend doing this, it makes quite a difference.

post-5270-0-30390700-1427491553_thumb.jp

I just fitted 4 of these, 2 on stock 2's and 2 on stock 3's, the only thing I had to do was open up the pin hole and take a small amount off the leg, see attached pic. I highly recommend doing this, it makes quite a difference.

Still USPSA Prod legal right?

What method did you use? On the CZ's, I prefer taking material off the trigger bar.

Did you find an easier method of widening the hole for the Tanfo hammer pin?

Edited by himurax13

I used these bits to open the hole

http://www.dremel.com/en-us/Accessories/Pages/ProductDetail.aspx?pid=7144

http://www.dremel.com/en-us/Accessories/Pages/ProductDetail.aspx?pid=9910

I gently used one of these bits on very low rpm

http://www.dremel.com/en-us/Accessories/Pages/ProductDetail.aspx?pid=953

put it in and tested it, pulled it out and repeated the process, when I got close I switched to this bit

http://www.dremel.com/en-us/Accessories/Pages/ProductDetail.aspx?pid=461

same thing, reinstalled it, tested it and then done

You also have to take some of the front face of that arm that sticks out the side or the trigger won't ever release in DA mode. My second stock 2 came with it that way and I wanted them to match but I screwed up a couple of these fitting them and gave up! ha.

Crap, I won't be able to order those for tonight.

I guess we should bother Dave to make more Tanfo/Canik parts, lol.

all he would need to do it sell the tanfo model with a larger pin hole, I dont know why he doesnt do it

Crap, I won't be able to order those for tonight.

I guess we should bother Dave to make more Tanfo/Canik parts, lol.

all he would need to do it sell the tanfo model with a larger pin hole, I dont know why he doesnt do it

Beats me. Probably the same reason why he doesn't advertise that a Type 1 Disco will drop right into a Canik Stingray/P-120. ;)

Edited by himurax13

I fired the type 3 into the stock 2 with Titan hammer and one pice sear. Pre-travel dropped by 50%. You do not need to reduce the face of the "wing". Just remove about 0.01 from to bottom, to thin the wing. Also break the sharp lower edge of the wing face.

I also installed same disco into Stock 3 with OEM sear - same improvement

in all honesty, the 13lb hammer spring, new disco, extended firing pin and polished internals make the hammer unneccessary.

Will try an even lighter hammer spring to get the Titan to do its job.

I fired the type 3 into the stock 2 with Titan hammer and one pice sear. Pre-travel dropped by 50%. You do not need to reduce the face of the "wing". Just remove about 0.01 from to bottom, to thin the wing. Also break the sharp lower edge of the wing face.

I also installed same disco into Stock 3 with OEM sear - same improvement

in all honesty, the 13lb hammer spring, new disco, extended firing pin and polished internals make the hammer unneccessary.

Will try an even lighter hammer spring to get the Titan to do its job.

I did the exact same thing with the exact same results, I am going to try an 12 and 11 pound hammer spring when I can get my hands on them

Weird. Mine didn't work that way. I had to take a lot off to get the hammer to fall, then I ended up taking too much and now the hammer doesn't travel back far enough before it trips. Oops.

Maybe I'll try again.