WHERE IS ALL THE POWDER

joedirt

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No kidding - haven't seen this variety of powders in stock at PV for a long time...hate to even post it as it is probably bad ju-ju.

I see that PV is now carrying "Shooters World Clean Shot" which is Lovex D032. This is a double based ball powder which is supposed to be similar to Accurate Arms No.2 which is a pretty good pistol powder. Nice to see new powders hitting our market.

Edited by Bamboo

Powder Valley has be getting VV powder on a semi- regular basis lately. In the couple of months I have ordered 3N38, N350 and N320. Just keep checking their website and hop to it when it shows in stock.

No kidding - haven't seen this variety of powders in stock at PV for a long time...hate to even post it as it is probably bad ju-ju.

I see that PV is now carrying "Shooters World Clean Shot" which is Lovex D032. This is a double based ball powder which is supposed to be similar to Accurate Arms No.2 which is a pretty good pistol powder. Nice to see new powders hitting our market.

Has anyone tried this "Shooters World Clean Shot"? I've been using Accurate No 5 for a long time now, but I here that No 2 may be better and burn cleaner for my 9mm minor Loads. Unfortunately I've never seen Accurate No 2 on sale, so maybe it would be good to give it a try.

I have an odd question that I may just be missing the point here but, now that Nobel powder I'd back in the states...Why are we not getting the SP powders??? Particularly SP2... I know vectan sp2 a loved powder so now we have vectan back why no sp2???

Just ordered a bunch of WSF and 15K CCI SPP from Powder Valley. Now I have enough breathing room to work up loads with a few other powders: I have some HS-6, W231 and N340 on hand. Got to figure out which one of these will work up a really soft load for SC (no pf!).

Edited by RickT

Thank you SV650Squid, got some VV N320 and 800-x from Graf & Sons, it's been quite a long time to catch any any VV powder.

And a general shout out to Graf & Sons, they maintained a very high level of customer support during that last couple of years of powder shortages.

I was out running around this morning and passed a Gander Mountain so I decided to stop and see if they had anything interesting.

I always wanted to try some WST, but have never run across any, so I was surprised to see 1lb containers on the shelf. :goof:

I was even more surprised to find that it was $40.00 per lb. :surprise: and left it on the shelf.

Edited by TDA

There are some really good small business types in the component business - Powder Valley, Grafs and sons, Wideners, Midsouth, Natchez, and a few others. I think that is a great thing and love supporting these companies.

During the height of the powder/primer drought I got an email from Misdouth saying a backorder of Federal primers was in and did I still want them. Not only did they fulfill a back order when few others were, but they charged me the original pre-panic price for the primers, and cut me a break on the shipping for some forgotten reason. Very cool.