WHERE IS ALL THE POWDER

joedirt

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would love to live closer to a reloading supply store, I have a pretty good one in the Twin City area, its out of my way but not terrible, you have to plan ahead, no more buying 1# at a time, you have to make a 4# or 8# commitment and we all no that most of us do not want to make that long term commitment. I have settled on a all around pistol powder based on what works best in my race gun (LongShot) . It works well all of my calibers (except magnums).

.223 CFE 223 and Varget

.308 Varget and H4064

.40 Cal Longshot

.38 Super Longshot

.38 special light loads Trail boss

9mm Longshot

10mm Longshot

.44 special light loads Trail boss

What do you run for 9mm longshot? I love it for 38 super maj. I use 8.5g under a 115. Does it work for 9 major?

Edit to add: I have only read about it either just getting to maj or maxing out with lighter bullets. I mostly use 115s.

Edited by Open1215

I would love to live closer to a reloading supply store, I have a pretty good one in the Twin City area, its out of my way but not terrible, you have to plan ahead, no more buying 1# at a time, you have to make a 4# or 8# commitment and we all no that most of us do not want to make that long term commitment. I have settled on a all around pistol powder based on what works best in my race gun (LongShot) . It works well all of my calibers (except magnums).

.223 CFE 223 and Varget

.308 Varget and H4064

.40 Cal Longshot

.38 Super Longshot

9mm Longshot

10mm Longshot

Don't know what you're talking about with the long term commitment thing. I want to find the best powder for the job and just run it exclusively. Messing around with multiple powders for the same caliber is just a pain.

.223 CFE 223 and Varget

.308 Varget and H4064

.40 Cal Longshot

.38 Super Longshot

9mm Longshot

10mm Longshot

Don't know what you're talking about with the long term commitment thing. I want to find the best powder for the job and just run it exclusively. Messing around with multiple powders for the same caliber is just a pain.
So sorry some us think that is part of the fun. I guess it depot your age and personality.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Or you could do what everyone else has done and make a list that you make the rounds on all the sites. Every day I make the rounds when I need powder to see who and what is in stock. This is the Internet and a forum ere is going to be chatter besides what you want to see.

Is anyone really still having trouble finding powder in the us? I see a lot stocked at most of the local places in town. It isn't the cheapest or best selection, but I can go out today and find something suitable to load with at a couple different places.

I have taken the past few months as an opportunity to stock up on small quantities of a few different powders. I have been working up loads in a few calibers so I have some real world experience with more than a few powders. That way I won't be buying blind if I ever have to buy from a limited selection of powder again.

Sure powder is out there, and that is a good thing . Easier to get now than months ago.... However, SOLO 1000, CLAYS, AA2230 just to name a few are rare as hens teeth.

Yes , learning to adapt with 700x , WST , and H335.

I've abandoned my search for Clays. It's been so long that I've just moved on to Clay Dot. Just received 16# last week from PV.

A LGS has Clay's in stock and on the shelf (but they don't ship). Kame's in North Canton if anyone is local. They have had it a few times since it came back on-line.

• 3 weeks later...

I work at a gun shop in Lebanon, PA. We just launched a new website where you can check out our powder selection and buy online. We ship directly from the store. We don't carry the VV powders, but titegroup, bullseye, power pistol, accurate #9, CFEpistol...all stuff that we have.

I work at a gun shop in Lebanon, PA. We just launched a new website where you can check out our powder selection and buy online. We ship directly from the store. We don't carry the VV powders, but titegroup, bullseye, power pistol, accurate #9, CFEpistol...all stuff that we have.

www.shydasoutdoorcenter.com

Dang nice prices, much cheaper than local. To bad hazmat shipping costs so much on it.