Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tnx! Then I'm not alone on this ūüôā¬†. Had a great Shadow Orange. Sold it since thinking Shadow 2 would be nicer... Sold it. Went to Standard class. Missed production and.. bought another Shadow 2 (stupid me). Today at the club I borrowed a Shadow SP01 and tried it side by side with my Shadow 2. Same groups. Feel of SP01 much more natural. Transition faster with SP01... And for some reason FS recovery better on SP01 (that's with the factory recoil spring on SP01 and standard trigger vs race hammer etc on Shadow 2). Oooo should not have asked. Now I want a Shadow SP01 again. I hate this sport ūüôā¬†Tnx MoRivera, tnx John!

59 minutes ago, MoRivera said:

Indeed I do.  It just fits my hand better and points more naturally

There are at least 4 of us then :) . 

Not a knock on the S2, just not for me. 

haaaa makes me feel better! tried everything, LOK grips, Henning grips etc. 

I'm trying to install the pro kit and no amount of pounding will get the hammer pin through the hammer.  I currently have both of them stuck (I don't know what possessed me to try both) in one side of the hammer.  Any advice on getting them in?  I don't have a vice to try pressing them in...

29 minutes ago, matir said:

I'm trying to install the pro kit and no amount of pounding will get the hammer pin through the hammer.  I currently have both of them stuck (I don't know what possessed me to try both) in one side of the hammer.  Any advice on getting them in?  I don't have a vice to try pressing them in...

cgw recommends their starter punch $7.00

I had CGW put my hammer strut in the hammer as I had trouble with the pin also

49 minutes ago, matir said:

1. Do not work on guns when you are angry.

2. Send the parts in a small package to CGW or equivalent if you give up. Maybe you have a local  gunsmith in your area.

I ended up buying a vise and using that as a poor man's arbor press to push the pins into place.  Worked great for a $20 vise, and I don't expect any problems from that in the future.

Cajunization is complete, but haven't had a chance to try it out yet.  Anything special I should check out?  I verified the firing pin block is moving properly by pushing on the firing pin with a punch with the trigger pulled and not, but it only travels ~2mm further with the trigger back.  I check on the slide and the firing pin consequently only sticks ~1.5-2mm out of the bolt when all the way forward -- will that be a problem for striking primers?  I don't remember what it looked like stock.

Now I need to figure out how to install my Dawson FO sights and get them sighted in.  Based on their directions, I may need to take loctite to the range for when I zero...

9 hours ago, Fasthenk65 said:

Tnx! Then I'm not alone on this ūüôā¬†. Had a great Shadow Orange. Sold it since thinking Shadow 2 would be nicer... Sold it. Went to Standard class. Missed production and.. bought another Shadow 2 (stupid me). Today at the club I borrowed a Shadow SP01 and tried it side by side with my Shadow 2. Same groups. Feel of SP01 much more natural. Transition faster with SP01... And for some reason FS recovery better on SP01 (that's with the factory recoil spring on SP01 and standard trigger vs race hammer etc on Shadow 2). Oooo should not have asked. Now I want a Shadow SP01 again. I hate this sport ūüôā¬†Tnx MoRivera, tnx John!

8 hours ago, IHAVEGAS said:

There are at least 4 of us then :) . 

Not a knock on the S2, just not for me. 

I even had a Tactical Sport Blue that I ended up selling, opting instead for this because it just fits me better......

Longslide.jpg

If I was starting over. 

Base model SP01. 

CGW goodies. 

Elbow grease. 

Done. 

Yeah, sometimes it takes spending some time and money to realize that you didn't need to spend so much time and money.

Edited by MoRivera

Hey guys, not sure if my previous post went in the right spot so I’ll put it out here. I have an SP01 shadow Custom. It fails to fire in the middle of a stage. The hammer is cocked back all the way but when I pull the trigger, it fails to fire in the middle of a stage. The hammer is cocked back all the way but when I pull the trigger, it will not fire. I can re-rack the slide  and will still not fire. If I continue to pull the trigger, it sometimes will fire. Any ideas ?

46 minutes ago, Joec08 said:

Hey guys, not sure if my previous post went in the right spot so I’ll put it out here. I have an SP01 shadow Custom. It fails to fire in the middle of a stage. The hammer is cocked back all the way but when I pull the trigger, it fails to fire in the middle of a stage. The hammer is cocked back all the way but when I pull the trigger, it will not fire. I can re-rack the slide  and will still not fire. If I continue to pull the trigger, it sometimes will fire. Any ideas ?

It may be an issue with the disconnector.  Sometimes the 'wings' need to be ground down slightly on the bottom for it to clear the trigger bar so that the single action can break normally.  If you look at this animation below.....

gHEtY4j.gif

You can see how the trigger bar (light blue) kind of tilts at the very end and slips by the lugs (wings) on the green 'hook' attached to the hammer, which is the disconnector.  Sometimes the trigger bar won't clear the lugs, and when this happens, it can feel like the trigger doesn't pull back far enough to drop the hammer.  This is where some custom disconnectors like from Cajun Gun Works have to be fitted, even a slight amount like .008" honed down to clear the trigger bar.  CZ's have varying degrees of play in their sear cages....and that could sometimes require some more fitting of the disconnector.  Did you change any parts after getting the gun, like the manual safeties?

Edited by MoRivera

Thanks for the info , That seems exactly like what is going on. Thanks again