Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Do you consider reloading a hobby?

Gooldylocks

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I see this sport as distinct but related hobbies: shooting, reloading, gun smithing and buying gear; priorities/excitement vary by individual. Gun smithing is at the top for me :)

Some guys really geek out on the reloading, others aren't interested in much besides buying stuff, still others look at the gun/ammo as just a tool, they dry fire, live fire, do drills, train and take competitions very seriously.

Edited by kneelingatlas

For me it's nothing but a chore, and a way to save money to shoot more. I agree with KneelingAtlas that there are people that like this sport for different reasons, and I am definitely one of the competition guys (but who doesn't like buying new stuff?).

I just started this thread to see if I was alone in my not caring for it so much...

(but who doesn't like buying new stuff?).

I know some guys who wear it like a badge of honor that they've been using the same gun and the same gear for their entire USPSA career; me on the other hand, I show up to each match with my latest creation :devil:

+1 for kneelingatlas. Shooting is a package deal for me. I shoot everything but Open and don't know till the evening before a match which one I'll be shooting. At 67 I have too many physical problems to excel but I really like the variety. Yes, I know, it's near impossible to shoot a particular platform well without practice but it doesn't cut down on the enjoyment. Each one is like a different girlfriend; unique in what is required to make them perform. I'm married to one woman, let me shoot different guns.

Ron

Naval Aviator - ex

NRA Life

USPSA FY63917

SoFla Pistol Club

I reload because I enjoy it and it helps to feed my shooting addiction. I couldn't afford to shoot nearly as much without reloading. I really enjoy looking at my piles of ammo and going to the range with several hundreds of rounds knowing I can make more.

I don't reload only for pistols or for competition. I really enjoy loading for my rifles to make small holes in paper. Then there are my hunting loads.

I dont love it but I don't hate it.

I'm sure I'll enjoy it more when I get a progressive... 900-1000 rounds per month on my Lee Turett loses its appeal after awhile. Especially when its really cold or really hot in my garage.

It's alright. A mildly pleasant chore most of the time. I like the independence of making custom loads for less $$$ than buying the cheapest blasting ammo, & I also like the piles of ammo.

I hate chrono-trips to the range, and I hate rifle brass prep.