Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Classifiers and 6/8 shot

BHill

"Trust me, there are plenty of people who are classified above their ability in Revolver Division, so you'll fit right in. The HHFs they have put in place for Revo vary widely across the different generations of classifers. It really doesn't matter for Revo Division what your class is--at least not until we have enough people playing to actually have real competition at the different class levels--but it can certainly affect your competitive opportunities in the other divisions if you grandbag in Revo (whether intentionally or otherwise)."

Quoted for truth. A lot of Lvl 2 and higher matches don't even get enough revolver shooters to recognize the division, so if the two or three guys that show up are all Bs instead of Cs, or Masters instead of A, what's the big deal? Like Carmoney mentioned, it'd only be an issue if you didn't want another classification to go up, but with such a small attendance it technically shouldn't even matter if you show up and shoot unclassified. Isn't JJ Racaza unclassified in Production? That was at Area 7, where strange things apparently happen, like a C class guy shooting minor coming in 2nd Overall for Single Stack at 95%.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I just found out the classifier coming up I signed up for and plan to shoot with a 8 shot gun. 4 of the 6 stages are in the 8 shot advantage list. So if everything stays the same, I may get classified above my ability, awesome.

Trust me, there are plenty of people who are classified above their ability in Revolver Division, so you'll fit right in. The HHFs they have put in place for Revo vary widely across the different generations of classifers. It really doesn't matter for Revo Division what your class is--at least not until we have enough people playing to actually have real competition at the different class levels--but it can certainly affect your competitive opportunities in the other divisions if you grandbag in Revo (whether intentionally or otherwise).

If you're seriously concerned, reload every six shots.

What!!! I'm totally a legit Revo Master. With my 51% classification.

Smoke signals! :D My guess is that that particular match will be effectively screwy by circumstances beyond the control of the MD. So what are we all to do? Not shoot until the decision makers decide? How about you just go out and have fun!?! Why not just shoot six and reload like the man previously suggested? If it's really a problem the organizations will reap the rewards of their indecision in the plethora of letters requesting a lower classification due to these very circumstances their inefficient action precipitated.

I'm sure uspsa will keep say a b class shooter from making master in a few classifiers. At least I hope they won't allow it until they actually earn it. There will be an adjustment period no doubt about it. But I'm sure it will work out in the end. As for the clubs that shoot on Feb 1st its time to whip up on some bottom feeders.

there is a mechanism in place that anything over 15% over your current classification is flagged and not used.

Really? My last 2 classifiers were 25% over and the one before that was 15+% over the top of my classification. Will these be removed?

I'm just stating what the rule book says. It says in general the scores will be entered. But occasionally a score is so out of the ordinary its not used and flagged with an A.

A- a score that is more than 15% above the member's current classification bracket.

I would hope that uspsa would utilize this during the transition period to 8 shots.

Elizabeth (my wife) is Tn Section coordinator.

She recieved a list of classifiers that will no longer be used from Flex (A-5) Director this evening.

Your section coordinators should have them and this goes into effect Feb 1.

Hop

Hello USPSA Section Coordinators and Club Presidents,

Per direction from USPSA President, Phil Strader, I am sending this email. Please get this out to all Match Setup staff, directly.

With the division change to Revolver, allowing 8-shot Minor, going into play in February...USPSA needs to pull some of the classifiers (at least for the time being). See the list below. You are getting this ahead of any changes on the USPSA website.

Nobody wants to lose any classifiers...even for a little bit. However, if you take a look at the list, most will show a clear advantage when comparing an 8-shot gun to a 6-shot. Such is the nature of the beast.

Please don't run the classifiers on the list. All other classifiers on the USPSA Classification page should be current (over 60 classifiers to choose from in upcoming matches).

Here is the list of impacted classifiers. Again, please don't run these, as they are in the process of being removed from the website:

DVC,

Kyle F.
USPSA Area 5 Director
Classification Committee Chair

Talk about waiting until the last minute. It seems to me that the BOD had plenty of time to have the classifiers officially pulled from the USPSA web site, and new version of EZWinScore published. Why is it all we get is an e-mail at the 11th hour?

Hello USPSA Section Coordinators and Club Presidents,

Per direction from USPSA President, Phil Strader, I am sending this email. Please get this out to all Match Setup staff, directly.

With the division change to Revolver, allowing 8-shot Minor, going into play in February...USPSA needs to pull some of the classifiers (at least for the time being). See the list below. You are getting this ahead of any changes on the USPSA website.

Nobody wants to lose any classifiers...even for a little bit. However, if you take a look at the list, most will show a clear advantage when comparing an 8-shot gun to a 6-shot. Such is the nature of the beast.

Please don't run the classifiers on the list. All other classifiers on the USPSA Classification page should be current (over 60 classifiers to choose from in upcoming matches).

Here is the list of impacted classifiers. Again, please don't run these, as they are in the process of being removed from the website:

DVC,

Kyle F.

USPSA Area 5 Director

Classification Committee Chair

Flex we shot 3 of these last week and they were turned in before Feb. are they going to count? Kent

I hope you are well!

I think they should change COF rules to where you can shoot the whole course if you choose from one position. That way the chance of hurting yourself by carrying 4 mags and 1 in the gun and each mag holds 21 to 28 rounds and the COF is only 16. It would also be easier to pick up the brass as it would pile in one place. Oh the possibilitys :goof: :goof: :goof:

Flex we shot 3 of these last week and they were turned in before Feb. are they going to count? Kent

I hope you are well!

Shouldn't be a problem. We shot some of them in early January. As long as they were shot before 1 Feb you should be good to go.

Maybe I'm just missing something, but if getting 8 shots and/or minor involved in Revo division was so important, would it have been easier to just skipped over the BS of 6 shot major/8 shot minor and gone straight to you can shoot an 8 shot revolver .355" min for major and just let people decide?

Seems like it would have been much easier and affected far fewer people than how it turned out. Lets face it, after this, 6 shot revos will be obsolete. Even on a perfect 6 shot neutral stage, you are still shooting for alphas, why not just take minor and two extra rounds.

Do we need to start another thread for this item 6 vs 8. I did some figgerin on Chris's performance at our OKC match. He lost a smidge over 3% point difference from Major to minor. To get the same overall hit factor as major he would have to shoot the entire match roughly 4 seconds faster than the guy shooting the same points in major. That would be two standing reloads difference in the entire match. We had more than that in every stage except the classifier. USPSA changed their format slightly on the report so it cannot be copied to my Excel so most of this stuff I had to do in my head. It hurts now..