Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Classifiers and 6/8 shot

BHill

Seeing how I just bought mine in November I'm going to keep it and shoot it all of 2014. At the end of the year I'll decide what I'll shoot in 2015. It may be one of those nifty 9mm 8-shot revolvers or I may shoot a bottom feeder again. Only time will tell.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else getting rid of their M625? Preferably a pre-lock model.

I wouldn't mind having another - to shorten barrel to 2" or 3" for a carry gun!

I'm torn between selling or converting it to .460 Rowland, leaning towards the latter.

Nah, you can load our own stuff in .45 ACP brass that will perform just as well. My old pin load was a 255-gr. hard-cast SWC going around 1050 fps. That's good enough for most field use in the lower 48.

The game has changed, hopefully for the better. Maybe the new shooters will pour in as was hoped and the game will have all kinds of new competition at the local and regional levels.

I'm thinking there is a plus beyond new shooters in USPSA. With shooters playing with 8shot minor, I'm thinking they will be playing on the steel matches more with the extra make up shots.

Nah, you can load our own stuff in .45 ACP brass that will perform just as well. My old pin load was a 255-gr. hard-cast SWC going around 1050 fps. That's good enough for most field use in the lower 48.

267 pf???

Sounds hideous.

I'm thinking there is a plus beyond new shooters in USPSA. With shooters playing with 8shot minor, I'm thinking they will be playing on the steel matches more with the extra make up shots.

That's a good point. I'd like to build an open revolver from the new 9mm 8-shot revolver. I think it would be a hoot in steel challenge. I enjoy shooting it with my 625 now but having more than one spare round would be nice.