Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Eric Grauffel,.... who is second?

Chris iliff

IMHO this guy is the worlds best. Outside of revolver, would anyone bet against him? I'm just wondering who most would pick as #2?

I know a world shoot is coming and this will be decided again, but I was thinking that any event with Eric in it, is a WORLD event. He seems to be the standard. He does upset the apple cart in our own Nationals anyway.

What you say?

The guy would probably dominate in revolver. Look what he is doing with a production gun. Would be interesting if he took up 3 gun.

As much as I respect everything jerry has done, I tend to agree that Eric would crush in any division he chose to contest.

One thing that impresses me about grauffel is he is truly the best in the world in at least two different divisions at the same time. Max is pretty good, but I haven't been shooting long enough to remember him in anything except open, and I don't really pay much attention to open.

I have shot with and against Jerry on a couple of occasions. He is the Gold Standard for Revolver. Anyone who thinks that they can best him better bring their A+ game and still be prepared to go home crying. Only one guy has beaten Jerry head to head and that is Cliff Walsh. I respect Cliff and call him a friend, but if they had shot again the next day Jerry would have won, IMHO.

Anyone who thinks that they can best Jerry better start thinking again or be prepared to loose serious $. I will bet of the J-Man every time.

Eric Dominated Open and now Production, sometimes within a similar time period. Not sure who is close. There are people that are great in one division- like Max in Open an Ben in Production, not sure if any one person dominates Limited. But none of them, including Jerry, really compete in other divisions as well as their primary.

So it really is not a good comparison.

Eric is just amazing and I agree that he would probably dominate just about every and any division he decides to participate in.

For Second best, I think there are a couple of contenders and I base my nominations on the results from the 2013 USPSA National Division Matches and US IPSC Nationals.

This year was interesting since it gave a couple of shooters a chance to compete in just about all the divisions available.

Top of the heap FOR ME would be: Nils Jonasson, followed by Dave Sevigny/TGO. Max mostly dominated OPEN, but wasn't as consistent in the IRON sights divisions.

TGO had an incredible showing in every match he attended, and taking into account his age and all the years competing, is in my mind probably the greatest all round shooter we will ever see. He still remains a thread in any match he enters.

I expect great things from Nils in the years to come and Dave continues to build on his already great career. Its always difficult to say who is "the best", or even 2nd, but there certainly is no shortage of contenders!

It is exiting times in our sport with so many extrodinary shooters and I can't wait to see what will happen at the IPSC World Shoot next year.

yeah that would be hard to compare through all divisions but Nils has been strong the past few years. I am sure he is only going to keep getting better but so will Eric.

I was really interested to see Nils shoot the production nationals this year but he ended up not coming. Ben S. has pretty much locked up production the last few years in the states.

I do think Nils is also probably second to Eric, although not really as close as we would hope. I do think that you could give Nils any gun in any division at any match and he would come in top 5. About the only division he never seriously shot much of is open, but with his skill set he would probably beat most anyone even with his limited gun against the top guys open guns.

Yeah, I let Nils use my Open gun on a stage after a match was done just for shits and giggles. Having never fired a shot through the gun he ran the stage faster than the winning stage time which was posted by a dang good GM. If he gets serious about Open he would definitely be a threat in that division as well.

Still, I think Eric is the man and don't see that changing anytime soon.

As most of us know, Eric G is known for shooting in two divisions: open and production. Hard to speculate how Eric would do in other divisions. I'm sure he would be competitive but who knows exactly how he would fare?

In open, the consistent 2nd place guy is the one and only Max M who actually beat Eric G back a couple years ago at the Florida Open. I was there to witness that battle. It was something to see.

I production, the consistent 2nd place guy is the one and only Ben S. Hard to say that Ben isn't the clear #2 to Eric in that division.

My point in this is it is really difficult to compare TGO or Dave or Nils to Eric if they don't compete directly with each other.

I wish we could have seen a younger TGO go up against Eric. That would have been an epic battle between those two guys.

If Nils could focus on shooting matches as a full time job, I'd bet he could potentially build a legacy similar to what TGO has.

Doug is a great shooter, no doubt. but me is a little older and doesn't shoot ipsc and not enought USPSA to be a player. He may not even play around in USPSA anymore? Imho when he was he was great. I do wish he still was competing in USPSA at the elite levels.

Edited by a matt