Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 USPSA Area 6 Championship - It's Official

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you that may not have seen it on Facebook (Area 6 page) the Area 6 match is the same weekend as the Master's and hotels are filling up quickly and prices are going up so book soon!

Yeah, really. I just got a room at the Days Inn in Covington for almost $80/night! I asked the lady on the phone if I had mistakenly called the Waldorf Astoria.

Have you had any trouble getting in any major 3guns? USPSA was like they open signups for Fl section / Fl open / Alabama / and A6 so close it was a mad dash and close to 6 or 7 hun before Jan got a good start..

For those of you that may not have seen it on Facebook (Area 6 page) the Area 6 match is the same weekend as the Master's and hotels are filling up quickly and prices are going up so book soon!

Ahh - I was wondering why all of the hotels were so expensive. I ended up getting a Hampton about 30 minutes away for $79 a night. All of the Hilton brand hotels within 15-20 minutes were at least twice that price. If anyone is wondering, it's the Hampton Atlanta-Stockbridge. Doesn't seem too bad of a drive.

Is the match full? Looks like there are no open spots on any squads

Not according to matchsignup.org it shows 9 available entries.

Which are reserved for staff only. I think some slots will open up closer to match time. There are several slots reserved for sponsors that may not get used.

Just tried getting a hotel. I called 4 hotels within a 30 drive of the range. The cheapest I could find was $205/night. Ridiculous. Decided to stay an hour away in Commerce. A 1 hr drive to the match isn't that big a deal.

No need to stay an hour out. The one I mentioned above is still available (just checked) for less than $100 a night. Only 30 minutes away. Hampton Atlanta-Stockbridge.

Just tried getting a hotel. I called 4 hotels within a 30 drive of the range. The cheapest I could find was $205/night. Ridiculous. Decided to stay an hour away in Commerce. A 1 hr drive to the match isn't that big a deal.

No need to stay an hour out. The one I mentioned above is still available (just checked) for less than $100 a night. Only 30 minutes away. Hampton Atlanta-Stockbridge.

Thank you. I just booked a room.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know how (who) to request a refund? I found out I'm traveling for work now and I didn't want to get beat by the Glock girls in my squad. :goof:

Somehow I ended up on that squad too.

Maybe we can package our entries together as a "USPSA Voyeur Package" for a $1000 or a pound of VV N320. :roflol:

Have fun, I wish I could be there instead of fun above the Arctic Circle. Wish everyone well.

"Back to your regular programming"