Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Yes, I have my Kershaw on me at all times.

I am often asked why I feel the need to carry a weapon.

I don't think of it as a weapon, rather I view it as a very useful tool that can become a weapon if needed.

If I feel the need to carry a weapon it will be something with more range than a folding knife.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a small Gerber folder in my pocket, love this little knife. My boss asks to borrow it a lot, it was cheap enough I might just get him one for Christmas so he stops bumming mine :roflol:

Edited by JohnnyD

• 1 month later...

I have a line on Kershaws. I have quite a few. I can't tell you what model I am carrying at all thimes, but I usually have one kind or another. (Ken Onion with the grip panels, others similar with the Tanto point) I usually give them to friends when they do something nice for me. I get two a year, and usually gift one, and just wear the other out. I use them for everything. If you meet me, and need to use a blade, just ask.

I did have to give one up on a recent flight to Portland from Phoenix. That one hurt.

JZ

Interesting side note, I found out by accident that a Blackhawk Single Stack mag pouch will securely hold a leatherman wave. I find that it is better than the worn out leather pouch that it came with.

I was at my sister's for christmas, as was my dad. My nephew needed to open something and asked me if I had a knife. My dad just started laughing. :D

I said "well… I still have my coat on, so I actually have four knives." :blush:

And then added, "what's even stranger is I have 5 flashlights with me." (that many isn't normal)

the running joke in my family is that if you need something cut, it's quicker to go to me than anywhere. I've carried something daily since I was probably 12. Currently have a bench made, and our school policy follows texas law (single edge blades less than 5.5"). There's a hunting knife in the truck, at least 2 different leatherman tools, and I've started custom making my own cooking and carry knives. Currently looking for my first OTF since they are legal here now!

Besides being used to open plastic wrappers and cut stuff (did today already), I have since used a pocket knife to:

Cut myself out of a tree during a work accident

fend off a rabid dog

cut line to save my car from being crushed

break neighbors into their house when they locked themselves out

make an Atl Atl while camping

throw dramatically to keep stuff from blowing away

I'm sure a whole lot more, but those come to mind as interesting

Edited by steviesterno

One of my fondest memories as a child was Dad and his Case Sodbuster (in black). He would use them and sharpen them until the blades were almost needles. Then we would buy him a new one for his birthday.

One of the things I like about my current job is that I don't have to deal with TSA and can actually carry a decent knife again.

Currently looking for my first OTF since they are legal here now!

OTF = Out The Front (I had to look that up). How is the strength on one of those, I wonder? I'm kinda iffy on my waved Delica4...as it's interface between the blade and the handle doesn't give me lots of confidence. (Lateral wobble...I think it needs more surface area contact designed in.)

I've started custom making my own cooking and carry knives.

Interesting. Feel free to start a dedicated thread on that if you like. I'd like to hear about it.

Currently looking for my first OTF since they are legal here now!

OTF = Out The Front (I had to look that up). How is the strength on one of those, I wonder? I'm kinda iffy on my waved Delica4...as it's interface between the blade and the handle doesn't give me lots of confidence. (Lateral wobble...I think it needs more surface area contact designed in.)

I've started custom making my own cooking and carry knives.

Interesting. Feel free to start a dedicated thread on that if you like. I'd like to hear about it.

Microtech OTF knives are strong enough to penetrate 1/2" drywall with spring pressure alone. The blades are rock solid and will last forever if cared for properly. DO NOT put an OTF Microtech against your hand to see if it would go through upon pushing the blade release switch. No, I did not do this.

• 1 month later...