Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 FNH USA 3 GUN CHAMPIONSHIP

FYI...long range rifle in the woods will be painted orange, steel out in the fields will be black with a yellow 2" backer around it along with a huge dirt berm behind it with the exception of the large IPSC plate but I will have an arrow pointed at it for you.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are the stages that were posted on July 31 the finalized stages? I checked the Linda Chico FNH website and there are no stages posted there.

Please hit F5 or refresh because you may be looking at a cached image of the page. Stage links on the website are on the lower right column.

Linda Chico

Edited by LChico

We are tentatively going to Oct 14-17, 2105 due to the IPSC World Shotgun Championship which several of us will be participating as it conflicts with our established dates.

Oct 14 - 17, 2015. Even Larry isn't planning that far ahead.

Hope you all have a great time. Larry is one of the best Match Directors in the game and does a great job. If I had the time, I would be back to work for him again this year. One of the bucket list matches for sure.

Anyone know where I can find the squading info? Thought I had it somewhere but must have lost it.

Squadding is done via Linda Chico's magic wand, god bless her!

I've learned the best way to get a squad together that wasn't spelled out on your original application is to send Linda an email with 10-12 shooters at least two weeks prior to the match. Asking for changes inside two weeks is a huge PIA.

Linda is the Queen of stats, squadding and overall match admin. I personally witnessed her at the ProAm taking care of (no loss of entry fee) shooters that had to bail at the last second and replacing them with new shooters all the while with a helpful smile on her face!

Thanks Jesse. I have been busy and forgot if we had to squad and I didn't or if she squaded us. Shoot Thursday afternoon and not going to be able to get in until Thursday around 10am so was just making sure I didn't miss anything. I am sure we will get an email in the next couple weeks.

I like time plus. Steady and Consistent. You should not be able to crash on a stage and have it not have a major impact on you. It does make long ramge worth more but most matches only have 2 or 3 long range stages. I just dont agree with changing scoring in a match two weeks before. Mike stephens how do you feel about this

Dates for a match over a year in advance! Spectacular.

Larry and crew put on probably the absolute best run match there is.

I do appreciate it! Its really hard for me to plan vacations a year (or more) in advance, but thats what work calls for.

Wait, did someone say something about specialty beers at a bar? I'm going to have to find that place. Are there any micro brews in the area?

Anyways, glad it is going to points. Time plus makes me nervous. My downfall has always been long range so this way it at least gives me a tiny chance to place decent.

Looking forward to my first trip to FNH. I'm sure it won't be my last.

Dates for a match over a year in advance! Spectacular.

Larry and crew put on probably the absolute best run match there is.

I do appreciate it! Its really hard for me to plan vacations a year (or more) in advance, but thats what work calls for.

I'm rowing the same boat, I have to schedule my vacation time in November for the entire upcoming year. Makes attending softball, lacrosse and soccer tournaments for my kids tough doing it that way. Really cuts down on shooting time.

After careful consideration and consultation with many folks, we have decided to do [factored scoring].

Awesome! Not that anyone cares, but I like that change. :)

Edited by CJW

After careful consideration and consultation with many folks, we have decided to do [factored scoring].

Same here!

Likewise. Now there are bounds to how much my suck on any individual stage will affect my suck on the overall match.

I am really looking forward to this match.

Same here!
Likewise. Now there are bounds to how much my suck on any individual stage will affect my suck on the overall match.

I am really looking forward to this match.

I have watched you shoot long range. You too much worry! ;) I hope to get out to watch some. Let me know what squad you are on. I have a new GoPro so we can video the efforts.......

It is my firm belief that 'factored' scoring is a much better way to run a match. This eliminates the wild swings seen when someone smokes a long range stage. We've all seen where a shooter will clean a LR stage that 98% shoot in 140-150 and gain 60-70 seconds, with three LR stages this can easily mean that same shooter can trash several shorter time stages and win. By factoring each stage in order to win, one must be pretty dared consistent.

Me I am very consistent, I generally suck straight across the board!

Glad to hear the move away from time-plus.

Having some short-ish stages, some medium stages and some long stages is good. Having all stages "matter" to the overall outcome of the match is good.

Time-plus pretty much makes that impossible.

It might be interesting to use the raw data form various matches (everything is computerized these days) determine the rankings using factored stages and time-plus scoring and see how different results would have been. Well, interesting to accountant-types maybe.... numbers and I don't get along. :ph34r: