Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 FNH USA 3 GUN CHAMPIONSHIP

FYI: Trijicon World Shooting Championship - Announcement: 2015 World Shooting Championship Dates: Wednesday Oct 14th 2015 - Saturday Oct 17th 2015

We are tentatively going to Oct 14-17, 2105 due to the IPSC World Shotgun Championship which several of us will be participating as it conflicts with our established dates.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, we're all thinking about how this cushions the blow of a bad stage- but on the same hand it helps when a shooter shoots a short stage well too.

There's no ground to gain when a shooters smokes a short stage, picking up 2-3 seconds on a 25 second stage is nothing in total time. But, make it stages points and that 2-3 seconds becomes a nice bonus for the shooter.

Now, about those square paper targets..... Kidding! I don't think we should push our luck.

Edited by Bryan 45

Guys, we're all thinking about how this cushions the blow of a bad stage- but on the same hand it helps when a shooter shoots a short stage well too.

Oh, I absolutely agree. I think the factored scoring with stages worth different points is the best solution when a match has stages of differing lengths and difficulties. The short stages get a bit of a boost and the long stages have their disaster factor bounded.

Can someone clarify the laws for transporting firearms through Maryland? I've read them at the NRA's website, but I'm still unclear whether or not I can transport my "assault rifles", shotguns, and handguns through the state.

Can someone clarify the laws for transporting firearms through Maryland? I've read them at the NRA's website, but I'm still unclear whether or not I can transport my "assault rifles", shotguns, and handguns through the state.

Federal law says you can transport under FOPA passing through Maryland. Maryland law says you cannot import a "prohibited" assault long gun. Since I am starting in Maryland with grandfathered rifles, I am not too worried. I would most assuredly encourage people from out of state not to fly through BWI, however. If you are driving, like I said, Fed law is on your side...but don't get pulled over. :)

Edited by CJW

Anyone know where I can find the squading info? Thought I had it somewhere but must have lost it.

Squadding is done via Linda Chico's magic wand, god bless her!

I've learned the best way to get a squad together that wasn't spelled out on your original application is to send Linda an email with 10-12 shooters at least two weeks prior to the match. Asking for changes inside two weeks is a huge PIA.

Okay, BEFORE you email a squad request to me, please contact the people on your "favorite squad" list to make sure you are shooting the same schedule. Or even if they are registered for the match (The assumption here is that you know these folks well enough to have their email address or phone number).

Many of you go on & on about how much you love the half day shooting, with less time spent standing around. But the different schedule thing is not a trivial problem. The AM-PM-AM squads & the PM-AM-PM squads are not even on the range at the same time. The match is FULL & and in order to move someone to the opposite schedule, I need to have someone withdraw from the match or spend hours (emails & phone calls) trying to find someone willing to move. I'm not even going into the details of the trouble to try & move 3 people. Please make sure your travel partners & shooting buddies are on the same schedule.

Anyone know where I can find the squading info? Thought I had it somewhere but must have lost it.

Squadding is done via Linda Chico's magic wand, god bless her!

I've learned the best way to get a squad together that wasn't spelled out on your original application is to send Linda an email with 10-12 shooters at least two weeks prior to the match. Asking for changes inside two weeks is a huge PIA.

Okay, BEFORE you email a squad request to me, please contact the people on your "favorite squad" list to make sure you are shooting the same schedule. Or even if they are registered for the match (The assumption here is that you know these folks well enough to have their email address or phone number).

Many of you go on & on about how much you love the half day shooting, with less time spent standing around. But the different schedule thing is not a trivial problem. The AM-PM-AM squads & the PM-AM-PM squads are not even on the range at the same time. The match is FULL & and in order to move someone to the opposite schedule, I need to have someone withdraw from the match or spend hours (emails & phone calls) trying to find someone willing to move. I'm not even going into the details of the trouble to try & move 3 people. Please make sure your travel partners & shooting buddies are on the same schedule.

Thanks Linda! That's what I meant to say.

Can anyone let me know the "laws of the land" as far as a slung long gun go ?? Muzzle UP or muzzle down ?? Or shooters choice ??

Thank ya kindly :mellow:

from the rules:

4.5.5 In the event of a slung firearm at the start, the sling must be attached to the firearm and the sling must be touching a collar bone on the participant in such a manner that it will support the weight of the firearm without any other assistance.
If the gun starts completely empty, I believe it is up to you how you sling it, as long as you follow the above-stated rule.
Edited by atomicferret

Thanks for the responses. I could stay on route 50 through WV, but that's a pain in the ass road.

70 east to New Staunton, take the PA Turnpike to Breezewood, then take 70 south then east toward Hagerstown, then 81 south to Martinsburg....however if you come south out of Breezewood on 70 into Maryland then take 522 to Berkley Springs, you will only be in Maryland for 5 minutes. 522 then takes you to Winchester which is where the match hotel is located. Hope this helps.

Federal law says you can transport under FOPA passing through Maryland. Maryland law says you cannot import a "prohibited" assault long gun. Since I am starting in Maryland with grandfathered rifles, I am not too worried. I would most assuredly encourage people from out of state not to fly through BWI, however. If you are driving, like I said, Fed law is on your side...but don't get pulled over. :)

And stow your carry before you hit the state line.

From Linda's email:

Schedule

• Wednesday 17 Sept – 1200 – 1600 registration at the range
  • Wednesday 17 Sept – 1800 – 2000 registration at the match hotel
  • Wednesday 17 Sept - Mandatory shooters meeting at match hotel (Washington Room)
  • Thursday 18 Sept - 0700 - TBD Competitors shoot stages
  • Friday 19 Sept - 0700 - TBD Competitors shoot stages
  • Saturday 20 Sept - 0700 Competitors shoot stages
  • Saturday 20 Sept - 1930 Awards banquet open, food at 2000, awards at 2100 – Cash bar available. Attire is business casual.

No registration Thursday morning unless you get authorization in advance from Statistician Linda Chico. Thursday morning registration is at 6:00 AM (and may start earlier if more than a handful of shooters wish to register Thursday).

Match Hotel: 1204 Berryville Pike Winchester, VA 22601

Range: 1624 Brannons Ford Rd Gerrardstown, WV 25420 304-229-4867

Banquet Facility: Heritage Hall, Route 11 South Inwood, WV. From I-81 exit 5 travel east to Rte 11, turn right, travel 2 miles facility is on left.

Staff shooters schedule

• Monday 15 Sept - 1800 -1900 registration at the match hotel
  • Monday 15 Sept - 1900 – 2000 Mandatory staff meeting
  • Tuesday 16 Sept - 0800 - TBD Staff & early Competitors shoot stages
  • Wednesday 17 Sept - 0800 - TBD Staff & early Competitors shoot stages

No registration Tuesday morning unless you get authorization in advance from Statistician Linda Chico. Tuesday morning registration is at 7:00 AM (and may start earlier if more than a handful of shooters wish to register Tuesday).

The match booklet will be available online next week. We will not have hard copies printed at the match. I suggest that you print a copy of any pages from the match booklet that you may need to have “in hand” at the match. Parking will be available within a short walk to all the stages. We have set the stages up in zones. You will shoot a zone per half day. All stages will have shelter and water available. Signs will be posted to direct you to the stages.

I do not plan to post squad lists. I have not squadded the match yet. I do all of the squadding the week before the match. If you email or call to ask me who is on your squad, I will have nothing to tell you. Again, I do not post squad lists in advance of the match registration. I plan to honor the requests made on the applications & through email messages that arrive prior to September 7. If you need to be sure I got your request, set your email for a “confirmation of receipt.” I do not have time to send personal acknowledgements to each emailed squad request.

Shooters Source has stepped up and sponsored our match! As an added bonus they have also extended a 10% discount OFF EVERY ITEM ON THEIR WEBSITE to all shooters attending the match. Enter the code FNH14 in the promotional code box on the checkout page. The code is only good from September 8 - September 22 and to shooters that attend the FNH USA 3 Gun match, so don't pass this around. Don't miss out on some substantial savings! Code cannot be combined with other promotions or specials. Get started at http://www.shooterssource.com

This match is full and has a waiting list. Please notify me as soon as possible if you will need to withdraw from the match. Although the time for refunds is past, I will match you with someone on the waiting list so that you can get the entry fee back.

Revised rules for 2014 are posted on the match website. For directions to the range see the match website:

http://www.lchico5u.com/FNH3G.html

Linda Chico (L-2035)
2014 FNH USA 3 Gun Statistician

803-629-7095

What I want to know is: Is there a possibility for the stage staff to shoot the side matches? So many cool guns to shoot and try out. We want to play too!

Busyhawk

Well two years ago, staff had a lot of downtime between sessions and we got to shoot all the side events. Last year I'm not sure we even had time to make it down food most days. It didn't help that I was working the furthest possible stage.

I know what we did right two years ago on our stage was simply send off one RO at a time to visit the sights and smell the flowers. With 8 RO's per stage that shouldn't be hard.

Edited by Vlad