Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 FNH USA 3 GUN CHAMPIONSHIP

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just realized how close this match was. I gotta book some flights. Which airports should I check where I won't get locked up for having a gun once I leave the airport?

Dulles (IAD) would be the best option followed by DCA.

EDIT: just don't take a wrong turn at DCA.

Edited by alma

Did you check the match hotel? Hampton Inn N/Convention Center 1204 Berryville Avenue Winchester, VA 22601

If that fails, try the Hampton in in Martinsburg WV, that one is actually closer, but less stuff around it.

I just found out this week that we need to book rooms.....Thought it was taken care of. Any good hotels around the area that are not too far of a drive that still have rooms?

AAhahahahaaaaaa

Somebody asked me about sling mounts for a Beretta 1301 Comp and I thought I would post an answer here, because there are usually more when one asks.

This is a VCAS sling from Blue Force Gear, with Nordic barrel clamp and Nordic QD clamp attachment. The 1301 has a built in QD attachment at the base of the stock. Note: not all QD swivels work on the 1301. I just looped the end of the sling over the mag tube. If this is your method, use some duct tape to hold it in place. The Nordic is shown as you would use it , just loop the thread through the swivel. Usually slings in matches are to get from A to B, up stairs or something and then you take it off and start shooting. Not usually used in a switch shoulders scenario to get around corners and the like. Practice taking your gun off, charging it and mounting it. I recommend Surefire EP5 ear pro, not cans. Maybe turn your hat around or don't wear one so it doesn't catch when you take gun off. I recommend Blue Force Gear because they have the slings and hardware to make this all happen, and the VCAS sling has the adjustable pull which helps tremendously, plus they are awesome at next day delivery. Muzzle down unless you are less than 5'6" and have a really long tube. Grab the gun when you run.Somebody will suggest another sling. They all work. Good luck everybody and have fun. DVC

post-14685-0-09200700-1409356714_thumb.jpost-14685-0-83271700-1409356729_thumb.j

I just found out this week that we need to book rooms.....Thought it was taken care of. Any good hotels around the area that are not too far of a drive that still have rooms?

AAhahahahaaaaaa

That's what friends "were" for Nick... I'm looking for a room for ya also. Will let you know.

Edited by 238shooter

Somebody asked me about sling mounts for a Beretta 1301 Comp and I thought I would post an answer here, because there are usually more when one asks.

This is a VCAS sling from Blue Force Gear, with Nordic barrel clamp and Nordic QD clamp attachment. The 1301 has a built in QD attachment at the base of the stock. Note: not all QD swivels work on the 1301. I just looped the end of the sling over the mag tube. If this is your method, use some duct tape to hold it in place. The Nordic is shown as you would use it , just loop the thread through the swivel. Usually slings in matches are to get from A to B, up stairs or something and then you take it off and start shooting. Not usually used in a switch shoulders scenario to get around corners and the like. Practice taking your gun off, charging it and mounting it. I recommend Surefire EP5 ear pro, not cans. Maybe turn your hat around or don't wear one so it doesn't catch when you take gun off. I recommend Blue Force Gear because they have the slings and hardware to make this all happen, and the VCAS sling has the adjustable pull which helps tremendously, plus they are awesome at next day delivery. Muzzle down unless you are less than 5'6" and have a really long tube. Grab the gun when you run.Somebody will suggest another sling. They all work. Good luck everybody and have fun. DVC

attachicon.gifIMG_6425.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_6427.jpg

Which QD did you find that didnt work w the 1301 ? Or would it be easier to say which did work ?? Thanks !

attachicon.gifIMG_6425.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_6427.jpg

Which QD did you find that didnt work w the 1301 ? Or would it be easier to say which did work ?? Thanks !
I'm not sure, I think the Blue Force ones work. Sorry. I have about 6 and no labels.

Are the stages that were posted on July 31 the finalized stages? I checked the Linda Chico FNH website and there are no stages posted there.

As finalized as they can be prior to setting the natural terrain stages. Some of the stages are marked "Subject to change without notice."

Are the stages that were posted on July 31 the finalized stages? I checked the Linda Chico FNH website and there are no stages posted there.

As finalized as they can be prior to setting the natural terrain stages. Some of the stages are marked "Subject to change without notice."

All of them are marked "Courses or Fire Subject to Change"

After careful consideration and consultation with many folks, we have decided to do the following:

The match will be factored scoring. Your time plus penalties will be factored against the best time and then stages points will be awarded accordingly based on you percentage against the best time. Such as the stage winning time is 30 seconds and you shoot it in 60 seconds, that is 50% slower and you will be awarded 50% of the available stage points.

In an effort to equalize the scoring and not to favor a short or long course, the following stages will carry the following point value:

Stages 3, 4 and 5 = 75 points
Stages 1, 2 and 6 = 100 points
Stages 7, 8 and 9 = 125 points
Larry

I just cancelled a room at the Hampton Inn. (304)229-6677 Ask them for the FNH 3G discount rate.

I cancelled a two queen earlier today as well.

Are you still going, just not staying there?
Flights are booked, copy of FFL is packed (Larry's prize table are HUGE), wife wanted to stay downtown Winchester so she'd have something to do while I was shooting. Plus it's close to the Picadilly Pub which is fun after match.

https://m.wyndham.com/hotels/virginia/winchester/the-george-washington-a-wyndham-grand-hotel/hotel-overview?cid=local

Edited by Jesse Tischauser