Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beretta 1301 Comp

JediTodd

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First post so I'll introduce myself, my name is Shawn. I've been shooting for a few years now and up till a couple years ago shot mostly uncle SAMs ammo in his guns. Still active duty but not on any high brag low speed teams anymore so I haven't shot near as much. I'll be shooting my first comp this weekend (USPSA) and hopefully a local 3 gun next weekend. Never been much of a shotgun person outside of defense shotguns, I've had a couple 870s and a benelli m4. After following this post and a bit more research I decided to pick up the 21" 1302 comp. took it out yesterday and ran 175 shells through it, Winchester Wally World stuff... And another 75 today. Love this firearm! I did manage to get my thumb pretty good! So my question is who can weld my lifter? and how long should I plan on the gun being down? Also I picked up a Nordic barrel clamp is it needed? Doesn't seem like its long enough to really need it.And a couple pictures...

e1f2099717d01c1e70ed9b3d86750f3b_zps8dec

6a1b2e4e0a8d7a24e9b0847d571ac3d0_zpsdfbb

Agreed, the barrel clamp is not needed. If you can very carefully ease all the sharp edges at the end of the lifter, I think you will be OK. However, if you still feel the need to have the lifter welded, there are a few people who post on the forum such as Benny Hill and Crums who can do the job. :)

HTH

Keith

I did manage to get my thumb pretty good! So my question is who can weld my lifter? and how long should I plan on the gun being down?

I sent my lifter to Jeff at c-rums 2 weeks ago and got a shipping notification earlier in the week. Should be there when I get home! Not sure if that is typical for him but give him a call or email him. http://www.c-rums.com/

First post so I'll introduce myself, my name is Shawn. I've been shooting for a few years now and up till a couple years ago shot mostly uncle SAMs ammo in his guns. Still active duty but not on any high brag low speed teams anymore so I haven't shot near as much. I'll be shooting my first comp this weekend (USPSA) and hopefully a local 3 gun next weekend. Never been much of a shotgun person outside of defense shotguns, I've had a couple 870s and a benelli m4. After following this post and a bit more research I decided to pick up the 21" 1302 comp. took it out yesterday and ran 175 shells through it, Winchester Wally World stuff... And another 75 today. Love this firearm! I did manage to get my thumb pretty good! So my question is who can weld my lifter? and how long should I plan on the gun being down? Also I picked up a Nordic barrel clamp is it needed? Doesn't seem like its long enough to really need it.And a couple pictures...

e1f2099717d01c1e70ed9b3d86750f3b_zps8dec

6a1b2e4e0a8d7a24e9b0847d571ac3d0_zpsdfbb

Is this the +5 extension

Since Beretta doesn't seem to show it on the web catalog, what is the overall length of the 24" barreled model ???

I never saw a response, so here is what I got. my 24" measured 44-3/4" with the large stock, this did not include chock you see or ext. + 6 Nordic tube. inset giving me a legth of pull go about 14-14 1/4

null_zpsc4d784e4.jpg

Edited by rep70

Ive for mine almost ready to rock, here are the stats so far: nordic +5,+1 extension... cause I can, crums welded lifter and opened up the front of the port, matchsaver, carlson extended chokes, truglo front sight, 10/22 rear sight for slugs, kick off will be here in a week, then she is done...prolly.

post-39253-0-01843700-1383874870_thumb.p

I have been reading this post with interest. I have a 24" 1301, a 24" SLP, and a SX3. I figured I have benefited from reading so it was time I tried to give my impressions:

1st the mid bead on my 1301 came off on the first outing, that being said the gun feels light but solid. I really like the stipplin, it provides a real solid grip. My gun doesn't like anything less than 1 1/8 3 dram. I know there are folks who say theirs will shoot anything, but mine and my friends 21" are only reliable with the 1 1/8 or more and we both have close to 1k through them.

The SLP and SX3 are basically the same gun with the SX3 being a little lighter. The SLP shoots only slightly softer, maybe because it's a little heavier. Both guns will shoot the AA 7/8 980fps with no problems, and have from day 1 with no break in. With good shells I go 400-500 rnds without needing to worry about malfs.

I am not really recoil sensitive, but less muzzle rise equals faster target transition-acquisition. I have installed the KO insert on the beretta but haven't tried it yet. I really want to like this gun. It feels good in my hands, but so far it's not beating out my other guns, so it might be on the block for one of you guys that just have to have one.

Regards.

I'd love to see a slp shoot the 980 fps double aa... any semi auto shotgun for that matter. I've only saw one, and it was a cz 712 that was setup with kurt millers magic springs. I'm not being a smart ass, I'd really like to see it and know what mods were done. I love my slp, but the lowest I've been able to get it to run are the 1145 fps AA's.

I shot a four stage knock down steel match with a 130 targets today. Each stage had between 25-35 targets on them. Before that I only shot 5 slugs and four bird shot out of it. The gun worked flawless, I even shot a box of 1oz Winchesters 1180fps on the last stage, it worked great. Looking forward to shooting the Beretta 1301

My mid bead screwed out just by using my fingers, and that sucker is so small it was hard to get ahold of. I put a little red locktite on it and screwed it back in.

You other guys may want to check your mid beads too, if they haven't fallen out yet.

Well there you have it Bryan. My son didn't want the mid rib bead on his so I went to take it out....wow what a Bi#%h it was to remove...so if you want one it will fall out, if you don't it will stay in there like welded!