Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beretta 1301 Comp

JediTodd

Update on my 24" ...Ran an outlaw 3-gun today for first time with it and had quite a few Failure To Feed's (FTF) ..was running Estate Super Sport competion target loads

12ga. 2.75" 1oz. shot 7.5 3 DRAM ..

other than that it was good to shoot , i'm thinking since it had only had about 20rnds thru it before this shoot it may need more break-in rounds and more Lube on the action??

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update on my 1301 after Blue Ridge...Rainy, muddy, lots of shooting, 100 yard slugs. No misses, no malfunctions...not near as new looking, but scars give it character.

What did you do to yours beside mag tube and chokes?

Got one today on Gunbroker for $1019 with shipping. I guess it was a ok deal.I got the 21 inch barrel but it's for a kid

.In a week and ahalf we will get to see how we like it.

I wish I would have been ready to buy the other day when that one was in the classifieds for $900.

My 1301 with a welded lifter and the sharp edges eased.

Who did the work looks great ?

Thanks,Keith

C-Rums did the lifter. I sent about an hour one night with a piece of sand paper easing the edges.

Lead Head,

How does the HiViz front sight mount on the 1301? (and is it model specific?)

All my shotguns have had ghost ring sights. Do you position the mid-bead just below the front sight or on the front sight?

Edited by Stony Lane

two different ways to accomplish it, one is a part that slips into the existing "normal" buttstock, and replaces the original recoil pad, and the other is one that replaces the entire "normal" buttstock with a different type that compresses.

the confusion comes from the fact that both are referred to as the "kick off" option. The one I have replaces the entire "normal" original buttstock assembly. If you really like the grippy texture of the original stock and don't think you could ever live without it, then opt for the option that slips into the original buttstock, because the replacement one that is required with the other option is a textured rubberized skin in the area where the grippy stuff would be located.

Personally I've never seen the need for a extra grippy surface on the pistol grip area of a shotgun, fore end sure but not the pistol grip trigger area. So I had no issues with the change in surface.

Beretta it seems has issues with selling the item directly to end users (us), but you can order it from,....................................................................................................wait for it,.....................................Brownells. if you give me a couple days or pm me I can provide you with the Beretta part# for the option I have, also it seems some of thier reps are giving out false info on the KO/1301's ability to interface properly, all I know is the one I have and Bennie Cooley has, fits and works!!!

Trapr

Great timing on the post. I literally just got off the phone with the Beretta folks who told me the only way was to replace the entire stock. Apparently not so much. Thanks!

Edited to add. Looks like Brownells has two KOs. One smaller and more expensive, the other larger and less expensive. I'm with you on grippy pistol grip areas. Don't really see the need.

So which of the three available KO parts from Brownells would be the correct one for the 1301......any insight????

http://www.brownells.com/search/index.htm?k=beretta+kick+off&ksubmit=y

Just got this:

Subject Kick off for 1301 Discussion Thread Response Via Email (Paul) 10/21/2013 11:09 AM Hello Rick:

Thank you for contacting Beretta Customer Support.
http://www.brownells.com/shotgun-parts/stock-forend-parts/recoil-parts/recoil-spring-system-components/kick-off-system-xtrema-2-prod29047.aspx

Best regards,

Beretta Customer Support

The one pictured is not the one that Bennie and I have, that is the "other" one. But yes that is one option. Sorry for not getting the part numbers listed but I had to go out and kill some stuff. I'd show pics but thats not allowed here.

I'll try and get the part#'s listed for the KO that is used on my gun.

Trapr

Edited by bigbrowndog

If you look at post # 238 and click on the brownells link, then on the schematic you will see two smaller boxes on the left that show part#144, 153, and 36, those are the parts for the Mega KO, all the parts in the pictures are needed not just #144,153,and 36. the brownells link shows the internal part of the Mega KO but the outer stock parts are needed to house the internal part. that is the KO that I use the complete "Mega"KO. How the two KO's differ in operation or felt recoil I have no idea, I just know that the Mega KO is the option used on my gun.

Trapr

Buggers. Looks like I ordered the wrong one. Any idea on where to get the rest of the parts needed??

I do see the difference in the two. The one the Beretta rep sent me moves between the cheek weld and your shoulder. The one you show moves between the cheek weld and the trigger. More bueno.

Edited by Neomet

Response from Beretta. Not so sure this is correct, but fwiw:

Subject Kick off for 1301 Discussion Thread Response Via Email (Paul) 10/24/2013 08:37 AM Hello Rick:

That is the one I sent you the link too, Yes it will fit, and they are available at Brownells

HOW DID WE DO?
Take our one minute survey. Customer By Web Form (Rick Korzep) 10/23/2013 09:34 PM Paul,

Thank you for the quick response. I have been told that the mega kick off also fits the 1301 and two competitors I know say they prefer it. Is that actually an option and if so where can I pick one up.

Thanks again for the help!

Rick Response Via Email (Paul) 10/21/2013 11:09 AM Hello Rick:

My local shop got in a 1301 Comp. I got to handle it today and I gotta say thats a pretty sweet shotgun for only $1100. Feed port is nice and big, nice follower, Benelli fit and finish, long slim handguard, checkering is really grippy, and fhe twist lock bolt design is proven to last and last. I haven't shot one and I already like it.

Can someone please do me a huge favor.

Which way does the ring on the piston face?

I mean is the knurled edge of the ring towards the front of the piston or the rear?

Like a dummy I took it apart without making a note of which way it was oriented.

Thanks in advance

Paul

Can someone please do me a huge favor.

Which way does the ring on the piston face?

I mean is the knurled edge of the ring towards the front of the piston or the rear?

Like a dummy I took it apart without making a note of which way it was oriented.

Thanks in advance

Paul

post-18319-0-08683600-1382783161_thumb.j