Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IPSC World Shoot XVII, Florida 2014: FAQ

End of subject, lets move on! Lol! Last day of competition! Ben trailing by 30 pts to Frenchie! Hope he shoots awesome today!

enough of the justifications! it's a violation in IPSC

Bonglee,

Please refer to Appendix E2 in the current IPSC rulebook. It very clearly demonstrates the hipbone and the requirement for placement of equipment. You may also notice the drawing includes a cargo pocket completely within the limits indicated by the appendix. If you look at the photo posted you will see it is in compliance with the indications of the Appendix. I do not know whether they are considering it a device designed to retain ammunition or a pocket that is to the rear of the front pockets, but we do know that the ROs who are at the match and witnessed the stage in person have approved him starting with ammunition in that location and did not assess a penalty. To say that it is a violation is unsubstantiated and inconsistent with the rulebook.

Enough of the excuses. What nils did was against ipsc in fact he's denying that he changed mag from the pocket so if its legal how come he's denying it

Sent from my Xiaomi Mi3

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

End of subject, lets move on! Lol! Last day of competition! Ben trailing by 30 pts to Frenchie! Hope he shoots awesome today!

enough of the justifications! it's a violation in IPSC

Bonglee,

Please refer to Appendix E2 in the current IPSC rulebook. It very clearly demonstrates the hipbone and the requirement for placement of equipment. You may also notice the drawing includes a cargo pocket completely within the limits indicated by the appendix. If you look at the photo posted you will see it is in compliance with the indications of the Appendix. I do not know whether they are considering it a device designed to retain ammunition or a pocket that is to the rear of the front pockets, but we do know that the ROs who are at the match and witnessed the stage in person have approved him starting with ammunition in that location and did not assess a penalty. To say that it is a violation is unsubstantiated and inconsistent with the rulebook.

Enough of the excuses. What nils did was against ipsc in fact he's denying that he changed mag from the pocket so if its legal how come he's denying it

Sent from my Xiaomi Mi3

Where is he saying he didn't? And if you read the rule, as stated above, if he did reload from there, it was a legal reload. Edited by Prov1x

To flay this dead horse one last time I have not seen anybody quote any part of the IPSC rules that say Nils' mag was either carried or drawn from a position that would result in a bump to Open. Plenty of strong opinion about what things are or are not but that doesn't really count for all that much.

Can we talk about the rest of the match now too?

post-9637-0-23819300-1413600964_thumb.pn

Mr. Lee,

Respectfully, you have already declared Bob's gun to be prohibited and then later allowed in this thread. You are making assumptions based on second hand information, and switching to rumors or pure fiction instead of referencing the IPSC rulebook. Nils is a great sportsman if you have never met him.

Neomet,

Thanks for posting- I had just screencapped and was going to post that myself. It looked pretty clear to me... nice dotted lines and everything.

And that is a great point. There is a lot more going on than controversy and rumor.

I for one love the Live Shots coverage. It is a great supplement to the study of shooting better. I have also been running some spreadsheets each night with the results to see if I can spot any trends or changes. It is interesting, the things that can be seen, especially when comparing with USPSA nationals last month.

I am looking forward to following the last day tomorrow! It really is a treat that we get to participate from afar, with results and video, even though that might be abused from time to time. It is a great sport- and where else can so many countries get together with guns and get along?

I'm going to say that the number of partial swingers at significant distances and the difficulty of a lot of the other shots leaves me even more impressed at the skills of those at the top of this sport. It is great that Paul has captured so many different shooters who otherwise we would never see. This has been a really cool (and humbling) treat.

Approx 893 videos uploaded so far in the match.

I plan on covering the Men's Standard and Men's Open on the final day unless I hear about some major shifting in scores in another division/category.

Men's Standard is incredibly close at the moment so it should be interesting to watch.

Men's Open starts on Stage 1 at 7:30 (ET) and finishes on Stage 6 which is a curious looping stage that is very hard to get good coverage on. Spectators cannot even see the stage at all from the sidelines. I'll see if I can work with the RO's to provide some video on this stage.

In the afternoon the Men's Standard will shoot the same six stages in the same order (1-6) starting at 13:30.

Mr. Lee,

Respectfully, you have already declared Bob's gun to be prohibited and then later allowed in this thread. You are making assumptions based on second hand information, and switching to rumors or pure fiction instead of referencing the IPSC rulebook. Nils is a great sportsman if you have never met him.

Neomet,

Thanks for posting- I had just screencapped and was going to post that myself. It looked pretty clear to me... nice dotted lines and everything.

And that is a great point. There is a lot more going on than controversy and rumor.

I for one love the Live Shots coverage. It is a great supplement to the study of shooting better. I have also been running some spreadsheets each night with the results to see if I can spot any trends or changes. It is interesting, the things that can be seen, especially when comparing with USPSA nationals last month.

I am looking forward to following the last day tomorrow! It really is a treat that we get to participate from afar, with results and video, even though that might be abused from time to time. It is a great sport- and where else can so many countries get together with guns and get along?

Nils aint a rumor and its clearly states in te rulebook

5.2.4 Spare ammunition, magazines and speed loaders should be carried in retention devices specifically designed

for that purpose. Carriage of additional magazines and speed loaders in REAR pockets of shorts or trousers is

also approved.

5.2.4.1 For table starts or similar, after the Start Signal, the competitor may carry those items anywhere on

their person, and this will not be treated as contravention of Divisional rules.

Back read a little bit i have quoted the rules many times and sorry, im here at florida so that ain't 2nd hand. Are you here???

RULES ARE RULES folks. Dont circumvent it

Edited by bonglee0507

The Revolver competition is down to three shooters who have been neck and neck all week.
Lentz USA, Lopez ECU, and Reiter AUT are 4, 5, 6 going into the last day [shooters 1, 2, and 3 have already completed all 30 stages, so they have the advantage of approcximately 103 points more than those three I named].

Plus, Josh Lentz looks as though he is leading the USA Revolver team to another World Shoot win.

Maybe BritinUSA could put together some side by side coverage on them.

The Revolver competition is down to three shooters who have been neck and neck all week.

Lentz USA, Lopez ECU, and Reiter AUT are 4, 5, 6 going into the last day [shooters 1, 2, and 3 have already completed all 30 stages, so they have the advantage of approcximately 103 points more than those three I named].

Plus, Josh Lentz looks as though he is leading the USA Revolver team to another World Shoot win.

Maybe BritinUSA could put together some side by side coverage on them.

I've been following the revolver team as well.

I'm really hoping that josh pulls through and takes the win.

Cliff went minor at the chrono, so that may hurt the team some.

The rules also say, once it's signed, it's a done deal. quit your bitching

The rules also say that it can be protested. Shot your piehole and read

Sent from my Xiaomi Mi3

No, it's " shut", not "shot". This forum requires proper english.

Oopps. Typo there. Thanks for the correction. Read the rule book and understand it

To flay this dead horse one last time I have not seen anybody quote any part of the IPSC rules that say Nils' mag was either carried or drawn from a position that would result in a bump to Open. Plenty of strong opinion about what things are or are not but that doesn't really count for all that much.

Can we talk about the rest of the match now too?

the picture you posted is pertains to equipment positioning (holsters and mag pouches). i have quoted the rule book so many times and i'll quote it again

5.2.4 Spare ammunition, magazines and speed loaders should be carried in retention devices specifically designed
for that purpose. Carriage of additional magazines and speed loaders in REAR pockets of shorts or trousers is
also approved.
one guy said the pocket is a retention device but short/pants pockets are not "specifically designed" to carry a mag. it can, yes but you can also put other stuff there like keys, lighters etc. Mag pouches are "specifically designed" for the mag
it is clearly stated REAR POCKETS, not side not front but REAR and imho, nils should be in open. anyway, there is a protest lodged re this matter, let's just wait

Is there an APP to watch LiveShots on android ??

No and yes......I've talked to Paul about it before and there really isn't a way for the videos to just pop up and play as they do on iphones.

Mx player is your best bet, I just click on the video and a pop up option comes up. It will either have the mx player or the internet (earth) icon. Click the internet icon. Another option tab will pop up for either android system or the download icon. Click download, then after it downloads just click the "download complete" link and it will play on mx player.

It will also stay in mx player and you can go back and watch them again if you want to. That's the easiest way that I have found. I hope that makes sense....

The rules also say, once it's signed, it's a done deal. quit your bitching

The rules also say that it can be protested. Shot your piehole and read

Sent from my Xiaomi Mi3

No, it's " shut", not "shot". This forum requires proper english.

I thought it just required us to be civil. ;)

Okay, I'll keep playing. :-) From what I can see Nils is carrying a magazine in that pants pouch in at least 3 other stages as well. If carrying a magazine in that position is a bump to Open wouldn't it mean that at least 4 ROs have missed the call? As I read the rules they relate to where ammunition can be carried. It doesn't require that a mag be drawn from that position to bump you to Open. My guess, and it is just a guess, is that the ROs either disagree with you that the pouch is a "retention device" or feel that the pouch it was drawn from is classified as a "rear pocket". I understand your interpretation of what a retention device and a rear pocket is but I think if every RO there has seen it and not bumped him the position is probably legal. Since you are there can you ask some RO during the lunch break?