Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IPSC World Shoot XVII, Florida 2014: FAQ

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rule is that as long as the pocket is on or behind the hip bone it is legal to pull a mag from it. Most people tend to look at the hip bone towards the back instead of towards the front of the hip bone. i got shown your hip bone is about 2 inches and really makes a difference on placement. There has been numerous arguments about you have to use all of the mags off your belt before you can use pockets but there is no rule supporting this.

The rule is that as long as the pocket is on or behind the hip bone it is legal to pull a mag from it. Most people tend to look at the hip bone towards the back instead of towards the front of the hip bone. i got shown your hip bone is about 2 inches and really makes a difference on placement. There has been numerous arguments about you have to use all of the mags off your belt before you can use pockets but there is no rule supporting this.

Thats not in the ipsc rulebook. Read it first

You know what else isn't in the rule book, the definition of rear pocket.
Ya bec it should not be defined and should be taken at face value. when your car's manual says that you have to open the rear door so that your passengers can sit at the back will you open the front door?

Sent from my Xiaomi Mi3

Edited by bonglee0507

Unless you/we change the officials at IPSC Headquarters by voting new ones,it seems they can do as they please. Its not like it hasnt happened in USPSA either! Ive seen GM gets favorable calls but life isnt fair right?! Sometimes it goes your way, sometimes it doesnt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya bec it should not be defined and should be taken at face value. When you say latrine or mess hall in the army manual do you have to look for its definition?

Sent from my Xiaomi Mi3

Well the RO's, Vinny, IPSC, and USPSA (in production and ss) have said via their ruling/s that rear pocket means a pocket rear of the hip line. So unless you can provide documentation otherwise, your horse is dead and has already been sent to the glue factory. But go ahead and keep talking and prove Mark Twain right "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."

I feel partly reaponsible for this thread with my stupid post! WS is over and nothing can be changed now! Lol!

Yup, you're fault, Ryan. As punishment, you need to bring donuts and coffee for the remaining 2014 USPSA matches you'll be shooting. LOL!!!

I feel partly reaponsible for this thread with my stupid post! WS is over and nothing can be changed now! Lol!

Actually thank you for mentioning it and exactly! The ws is over but this is not about personalities as i have said this is about the rules and it can happen in future matches. Nils won! No doubt and we sincerely congratulate the guy! But i just cant understand why do we have to define the word REAR.

Sent from my Xiaomi Mi3

Ya bec it should not be defined and should be taken at face value. When you say latrine or mess hall in the army manual do you have to look for its definition?

Sent from my Xiaomi Mi3

Well the RO's, Vinny, IPSC, and USPSA (in production and ss) have said via their ruling/s that rear pocket means a pocket rear of the hip line. So unless you can provide documentation otherwise, your horse is dead and has already been sent to the glue factory. But go ahead and keep talking and prove Mark Twain right "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."
Im just getting warmed up! You're asking me why i always reply? Why dont you ask yourself anD the other guys why they keep on replying to my posts?

Sent from my Xiaomi Mi3

Edited by bonglee0507

Being the last one to post in an "is-too" "is-not" thread does not win the argument.

Since this is now just bickering, it's closed.

Posting Guidelines

Attitude
Please be polite. Or if not polite, at least respectful.
No bickering. Regardless of the subject matter.
Antagonistic, offensive, or quarrelsome tones are not acceptable.
No trolling. No alternate accounts.