Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IPSC World Shoot XVII, Florida 2014: FAQ

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand that its not Nils fault but at the same time, if he does win and did know he wasnt suppose to, does he accept the win? I mean Im a fan of his but that may change the way I look at him. I mean, i wouldnt want to win that way! Ive met the most honorable people in this sport and i just dont find it right to do so. If he doesnt know but someone pointed it out, does he asked to be bumped to open then? What if he doesnt? Do you think hes still deserves to be the champ? I would feel like I robbed the true winner of a deserving win but thats just me.

Edited by Ryan626

Maybe after he fell the mag fell out of the mag holder and lucky for him landed in his pocket? Lol. Sorry being silly. We are not there we can see and speculate about the video, but that's not for me to answer? Imma look at FB and see what if anything is being said. But I see your point. I won a match before, and due to a over site in stats the points where just enought where I didn't win but it was 7hours after the 1 hour arbitration period. They call explained and yes, I ripped up the check. I'm sure he will do right.

Reference: Nils

Magazines can be carried in the rear pocket; But what defines a rear-pocket? As all magazines holders have to be behind the hip-bone it stands to reason that a rear pocket would be classed as a pocket that is behind the hip-bone.

Check out the attached image which seems to show a magazine in a left-side pocket that appears to be inline with the front-most magazine holder on his belt. If that is an accurate indication of where this pocket is and if this is where he pulled the magazine from then I don't see a violation.

post-293-0-11809400-1413519323_thumb.jpg

I'm sure Nils know the rules. They give equipment checks at each stage. So I'm sure he is playing by the rules. It's not his first IPSC match. He also has a few National Championships. So I feel confident the he has not broken any rules. I have the same cargo pants and that middle pocket is just that, in the middle. It's my 2 cents.

Edited by a matt

As much as we would like it to happen, we can't expect the RO staff to catch and enforce everything 100% of the time, score the targets 100% accurately, or make the correct calls 100% of the time. I am sure there have been many World, National, Area, State, Section, etc champion titles that have been won or lost with a "Tainted" result due to inconsistencies in ROing. We are human and mistakes can and will be made. Some times the RO gods side in your favor, some times they do not. Given the current structure on how these matches are run, the resources they use, and the rules leveraged there is nothing we can do to eliminate these kind of mistakes from happening. Could we have 10 RO's on every stage observing the shooter from every angle to ensure they are not pulling a magazine from their front pocket? Sure, but that is not a viable expense to bear to enforce a rule that is very unlikely to be broken. Could we install 20 cameras on every stage looking at the shooter from every angle while they shoot so the RO's can leverage that data to make a 100% solid ruling? Sure, but just like having 10 RO's on a single stage that is not a viable expense to bear to enforce the rules.

In the end, it comes down to the integrity of the shooter and the RO to ensure a fair representation of their stage run has been observed and recorded. Some shooters choose to keep their known violations silent and see if the RO's catch them. Other shooters point out issues that may have been missed by the RO during the stage run. Some times your stage plan gets blown to shit and you are in panic mode trying to recover and you don't even know what exactly what you did after the primary failure point to get through the rest of the stage. I think that Nils was probably in this panic mode situation after falling down then accidentally dropping the magazine out of the gun. You can tell because he did yet another unplanned reload before the end of the stage. Personally, I don't see a premeditated intent to break any rules. I see a shooter in panic mode trying to survive any way they can after having two catastrophic failures in the middle of the stage run.

End of subject, lets move on! Lol! Last day of competition! Ben trailing by 30 pts to Frenchie! Hope he shoots awesome today!

enough of the justifications! it's a violation in IPSC. the RO just did not see

http://www.liveshots.net/livelinks_2014ws/28Nils%20Jonasson.mov?width=640&height=360

from the ipsc rule book

5.2.4 Spare ammunition, magazines and speed loaders should be carried in retention devices specifically designed
for that purpose. Carriage of additional magazines and speed loaders in rear pockets of shorts or trousers is
also approved.
5.2.4.1 For table starts or similar, after the Start Signal, the competitor may carry those items anywhere on
their person, and this will not be treated as contravention of Divisional rules.
Edited by bonglee0507